After reading the warning from installing Pandora, I'm wondering, if I only have the $30 plan from Verizon, will both of them suck up my internet data usage? The Verizon store continuously advertises Slacker Radio being free, so does that mean it's just free to use, but air time charges apply? If that's the case, are the Pandora and Slacker Radio users all under the $45 unlimited internet plan?
    11-13-09 05:16 AM
    My wife and i both have BB Storm 9530s with the BB plan from verizon and we both use Pandora quite a bit and there are no extra data charges on our bill....The plan that we have is just the regular BB plan that they make you have...hope this helps
    11-13-09 06:31 AM
    After reading the warning from installing Pandora, I'm wondering, if I only have the $30 plan from Verizon, will both of them suck up my internet data usage? The Verizon store continuously advertises Slacker Radio being free, so does that mean it's just free to use, but air time charges apply? If that's the case, are the Pandora and Slacker Radio users all under the $45 unlimited internet plan?
    You will be fine under the $30 plan. The $45 plan is for corporate use.
    Personally I use slacker so I can cache stations onto my SD card (using a PC) and listen to them without any using any data from my plan. I have to do this, since I don't have 3G where I live..
    11-13-09 06:35 AM
    Did anyone notice how much data usage Pandora and Slacker use on an average usage rate?

Also, which one is recommended? Pandora seems to get all the hype.
    11-13-09 07:10 AM
    I like iheartradio alot more then slacker. Haven't tried pandora.
    11-13-09 08:02 AM
    Unless you are streaming around the clock while tethered you should be fine lol. I think the ceiling is 5gb of data I'm an uber geek who is always in his BB and I've never come close. You should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 08:05 AM
    No extra charges. It would be interesting to see how much data i have used since i started using slacker. I'm gonna b like Whatt!!!
    11-13-09 08:45 AM
    Did anyone notice how much data usage Pandora and Slacker use on an average usage rate?

Also, which one is recommended? Pandora seems to get all the hype.
    don't worry about the data usage! I use Pandora all the time and it's not much of a data hog. Besides, the phone plan allows you to use your smartphone as much as you'd like, unlike the metered plans for Mifi or other PC connectible data cards. those have either a 250MB or 5GB cap. I pay $60 for MiFi but will prolly pay the ETF on it soon, now that I have a BB.
    11-13-09 09:22 AM
    Guys...The data limit only applies to tethering. If you are using you BB for data, your fine. I use iheartradio and slacker ALOT and have never had any problems.
    11-13-09 09:28 AM
    so if I streamed slacker or pandora for the entire month and exceeded 5gb, will verizon charge me?

11-20-09 05:12 AM
    so if I streamed slacker or pandora for the entire month and exceeded 5gb, will verizon charge me?

NO, the 5gb cap is for tethering your phone as a modem and using VZ's bandwidth for internet use, your BB plan through Verizon is unlimited and uses blackberry data. Hope this helps
    11-20-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD