I bought my Storm used via Craigslist back in April and have been very happy with it since I found this forum and started running leaked OSs, etc.

A couple of weeks ago the headset jack died so I finally got around to taking it down to my Verizon store for replacement. They were out of stock but mailed me one two days later.

My "new" Storm is MUCH BETTER than my original one! The screen feels much more responsive and the phone itself runs much faster with more free app memory though I loaded it with everything I had before on my original one, though they are both on .328!

Uh... WTF???

Were there hardware changes made during the run of the Storm?

Anyone else experience this?
    11-13-09 01:03 AM
    They changed some of the mechanics behind the screen so that it would click better. That's all I have for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 01:15 AM
    wow.... customer provided device and they swapped it anyway? must have either been a dumb as f**k rep or a rep who just didn't give a s**t, since the warranty does not transfer between owners.
    11-13-09 02:00 AM
    They replaced mine as well and I got mine on eBay.

11-13-09 02:08 AM
    Wow nice one. There is already a replacement.
    11-13-09 02:11 AM
    My Storm went schizo after the .328 upgrade so I took it down and they FedEx'd me a replacement that was ten times worse than my original.

The replacement was a phone possessed. I took the replacement AND my as of yet unreturned Storm and gave the nine yard sob story to the manager at the store. This guy couldn't have been any cooler. He grabbed a brand new Storm and entered some codes to clear the exchange and I was out of there in ten minutes.

Third time's the charm, this phone is a breeze.
    11-13-09 09:25 AM
    Sounds like a Rave!~
    11-13-09 09:33 AM

Anyone else experience this?
    Yep me too, I got a replacement storm because of screen issue. This one is made in Canada and is sooo much better than my 1st release day Storm. It is so good now I am not even going to upgrade to Storm2.
    11-13-09 10:10 AM
    Yep me too, I got a replacement storm because of screen issue. This one is made in Canada and is sooo much better than my 1st release day Storm. It is so good now I am not even going to upgrade to Storm2.
    I just noticed something peculiar. My first Storm was made in Canada. The "possessed" Storm was made in Mexico and the new, MUCH improved Storm I have was made in.........

Hungary!
    11-13-09 10:26 AM
    wow.... customer provided device and they swapped it anyway? must have either been a dumb as f**k rep or a rep who just didn't give a s**t, since the warranty does not transfer between owners.
    Geez try not to steal Christmas, too.

11-13-09 10:45 AM
    The Blackberrys have a 1 year warranty that CAN be transfered from owner to owner. Ive sold a blackberry storm and the person warranty swapped it with no problems at all.
    11-13-09 02:07 PM
    The Blackberrys have a 1 year warranty that CAN be transfered from owner to owner. Ive sold a blackberry storm and the person warranty swapped it with no problems at all.
    please re-read my original statement. The warranty is NOT transferable. There is no "title" to transfer, it's all in the system. If the rep had done a proper review, they would have seen that the person you sold your phone to was not the original owner, and I'm guessing not on the same account. Thus, the warranty should have been denied.

I will agree that all phones bought new carry a 1 year warranty, but they are for the original purchaser/account.

I handle these types of transactions DAILY, so I'm sure I'm a little more prepared to discuss this matter...
    11-13-09 02:13 PM
    please re-read my original statement. The warranty is NOT transferable. There is no "title" to transfer, it's all in the system. If the rep had done a proper review, they would have seen that the person you sold your phone to was not the original owner, and I'm guessing not on the same account. Thus, the warranty should have been denied.

I will agree that all phones bought new carry a 1 year warranty, but they are for the original purchaser/account.

I handle these types of transactions DAILY, so I'm sure I'm a little more prepared to discuss this matter...

OK I understand what your saying but like I said VZW will cover for the manufacture warranty. I have baught used blackberrys from various customers and when I buy each device I call VZW support to double check that each phone can still be warrantied with a new customer. Every Rep I have talked to always says its no problem at all. Maybe its just for blackberry's?
    11-13-09 02:17 PM
    Good to hear, man!

A lot of people around here act like you're crazy when you say your storm doesnt suffer from the same problems theirs does. Now you know the phone can really be solid.
    11-13-09 02:24 PM
    OK I understand what your saying but like I said VZW will cover for the manufacture warranty. I have baught used blackberrys from various customers and when I buy each device I call VZW support to double check that each phone can still be warrantied with a new customer. Every Rep I have talked to always says its no problem at all. Maybe its just for blackberry's?
    negative. it's for ALL phones.

Why would VZW lose money having to replace a defective phone that you didn't buy from them to start with? A counterpoint could be said "well, it was bought from them initially", but my statement is still correct- the warranty doesnt transfer. The ONLY workaround is to reactivate the phone back on the original number, have THAT person submit the claim, and then swap the ESNs around again.

I don't know how many people I've told they aren't covered because they didn't buy it direct from VZW.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but what I am saying is that it's not correct as per warranty guidelines.

Normally I would say "let me get the exact verbiage", but I'm not in the mood to get fired for violation of code of conduct.
    11-13-09 02:25 PM
    negative. it's for ALL phones.

Why would VZW lose money having to replace a defective phone that you didn't buy from them to start with? A counterpoint could be said "well, it was bought from them initially", but my statement is still correct- the warranty doesnt transfer. The ONLY workaround is to reactivate the phone back on the original number, have THAT person submit the claim, and then swap the ESNs around again.

I don't know how many people I've told they aren't covered because they didn't buy it direct from VZW.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but what I am saying is that it's not correct as per our warranty guidelines.

Normally I would say "let me get the exact verbiage", but I'm not in the mood to get fired for violation of code of conduct.

Right I understand what you mean, all I can say is that ive done it with with no problems with a few blackberry's so I really dont know what to tell you!? I know a lot of reps kinda go outside the box sometimes because thats how I got my free s2 under multi fru and many many people havent. All I can say is that ive put a used blackberry on a few of my customer accounts and then warranty swapped over the phone. Guess im just lucky then...
    11-13-09 02:28 PM
    Guess im just lucky then...
    I would have to say that's the case...
    11-13-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD