No matter what I do, I can't win. Is there a way to make it use the 8Gb SD card that I installed for apps and stuff?

Literally this is all I have as far as extras go:

AIM
    ScoreMobile
    Facebook
    Poynt
    Ubertwitter
    BBM

and I have 29.1 MB free and get a popup a lot telling me I have to delete something.
    11-12-09 11:11 PM
    Nope you cant use your SDcard for apps and I have less memory then that and Ive never seen this pop up telling you to delete something. I would check your memory settings...options>memory>Mass storage "on" that's what mines set at...don't know if that will help but hope it dose .....
    Last edited by Fallfree; 11-12-09 at 11:50 PM.
    11-12-09 11:45 PM
    Also, you just gotta keep up w/ deleting msgs, cleaning out cache, etc....using the memory cleaner also helps. Everytime when you connect w/ something that used the browser, clean it right after. I ran more apps than you and mine was fine as long as I kept up w/ keeping the memory free.
    11-12-09 11:49 PM
    Memory Cleaner? Is that an app?

And mass storage is on
    11-13-09 12:06 AM
    Actually...free space 13.8
    11-13-09 12:07 AM
    my quick pull helps me although it only works half the time on the scheduled time. I just do a battery pull every couple days. When that memory reaches 0.0 it runs like malaises.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 12:38 AM
    I actually was on a hunt for sumthin else yesterday and found and app that lets you load apps from ur memory card. I will look around and see if i can find it again and post a link.
    11-13-09 12:44 AM
    I actually was on a hunt for sumthin else yesterday and found and app that lets you load apps from ur memory card. I will look around and see if i can find it again and post a link.
    Please do. This would be amazing!!!!! I would love you forever.
    11-13-09 01:01 AM
    Memory Cleaner? Is that an app?

And mass storage is on

For memory cleaner go Options>Security Options>Advanced Security Options>Memory Cleaning>then press the BB button>then press Clean Now that will clean up some for you then you can do a battery pull if you want and like fallenangel808 said you can clean your cache every time you use your browser that should help you out some....
    Last edited by Fallfree; 11-13-09 at 03:18 AM.
    11-13-09 03:14 AM
    Actually...free space 13.8
    Are you talking free space or memory? Those are two different things.

Your memory degrades over time, and if you never do battery pulls can get pretty low. Someone I work with had a similar thing happen when he was trying to install something. He pulled the battery, and then it worked fine.

But the memory is not the same as the physical free storage space on the device.
    11-13-09 04:00 AM
    I am in the same boat which is why I may get the S2. I start out with 14 at boot up and go to zero in a few days. I am fairly certain something is leaking...

berryweather
    Sensobi
    bbm5
    ql
    meterberry

Also installed...
    Google maps
    NAV4all
    Viigo
    Optionsxpress
    Podtrapper
    Slacker
    App world

11-13-09 04:36 AM
    I am in the same boat which is why I may get the S2. I start out with 14 at boot up and go to zero in a few days. I am fairly certain something is leaking...
    If you're starting that low, you might want to uninstall things you aren't using. A couple months ago, I connected to BB desktop and removed a bunch of stuff I never use - help files, IM apps, foreign languages, etc. I gained over 10 mb at startup just from doing that.
    11-13-09 04:56 AM
    The same thing happened to me last week. After searching, I found that I needed to go through and delete a ton of emails and a few un-used apps. After doing that, my Storm performance returned to normal. I have 4 email addresses on my Storm and had a bunch of old emails that needed to be cleared out. If you don't stay on top of memory use, it can lead to loosing contact, memo, and task data!
    11-13-09 08:29 AM

berryweather
    Sensobi
    bbm5
    ql
    meterberry

Also installed...
    Google maps
    NAV4all
    Viigo
    Optionsxpress
    Podtrapper
    Slacker
    App world

I'm willing to bet that App World is the culprit.
    11-13-09 09:54 AM

berryweather
    Sensobi
    bbm5
    ql
    meterberry

Also installed...
    Google maps
    NAV4all
    Viigo
    Optionsxpress
    Podtrapper
    Slacker
    App world

Use Shrink-A-OS to make your OS smaller. It works tremendously, i have a fair amount of apps on my phone ( Around 12-15 ) and boot with 30MB. It works great.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-shrink-os-348769/
    Last edited by BrianM23; 11-13-09 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added Link
    11-13-09 11:35 AM
    It's called aerize card loader and you can't actually run the apps from the memory card. You can "store" the apps there and then install and uninstall as you need to.
    11-13-09 12:19 PM
    Using Skrink-a-OS to clear off all the unused items made a big difference for me. The preloaded pics drove me nuts. Also removed help files, event log viewer, etc.. Boots at ~40mb now with several 3rd party apps installed
    11-13-09 04:16 PM
    Pull battery and reinstall. When phone turns on hold down "alt" key and press lglg
    11-14-09 03:14 AM
    Ive never seen a pop up like that, and I have far less memory than you do. You may want to get a memory cleaner app.
    11-14-09 07:11 AM
    Ive never seen a pop up like that, and I have far less memory than you do. You may want to get a memory cleaner app.
    I use MeterBerry v2.0.2 on my Storm and it has a reset option that simulates a battery and it works on 5.0 os. Also shrunk my OS and have about 10 apps installed and boots with 41 megs. I also use Aerize Optimizer seems to work good as well.

11-16-09 12:39 AM
    just turn on memory cleaner in security options, every time you holster it will clean. I have the 9530 with the 5.0 update and verizon.
    11-16-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD