Has Crackberry.com also turned into CrackDroid.com also??? How the **** are postings and comments referring to the Droid phone even making it on our Blackberry forums! I could care less about the Droid, the iPhone, the Pre, all the Windows based PDA's, etc� All I care about is stuff that are Blackberry related (I also don't have any likings to the Storm or Storm2 but at least those are wannabe Blackberries and have something in common with the non-touchscreen Blackberries that I'm interested in reading about). Enough already!
    11-12-09 07:51 PM
    Has Crackberry.com also turned into CrackDroid.com also??? How the **** are postings and comments referring to the Droid phone even making it on our Blackberry forums! I could care less about the Droid, the iPhone, the Pre, all the Windows based PDA's, etc� All I care about is stuff that are Blackberry related (I also don't have any likings to the Storm or Storm2 but at least those are wannabe Blackberries and have something in common with the non-touchscreen Blackberries that I'm interested in reading about). Enough already!
    Because Kevin's open and nice enough to provide discrete forums for other platforms. You can always avoid those forums..
    11-12-09 07:53 PM
    It's business! Whatever it takes, within the laws, to draw as many eyeballs this site as possible.
    11-12-09 07:55 PM
    So u just noticed this? Really? There r forums for iphones and palms as well, I hope I didn't just give u a heart attack, I mean, considering ur outburst over a droid forum....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:55 PM
    Hahah I kind of agree with you... I dont care about any other electronic--my BB is all I need!
    11-12-09 08:21 PM
    Lol at the wannabe blackberry quote. I had a curve 8330, a curve 8900 and a tour, and my storm 2 destroys all three of those phones. The bigger screen is outstanding and the typing on the storm2 is outstanding. I can do anything your tour can do, only better. And some things your tour cant do at this time(OpenGL support)
    11-12-09 08:24 PM
    CB offers forums for other devices....iPhone, Palm..not just android (droid) phones.

I personally think it's fine. It's separate from BB stuff so I don't have to see it if I don't want to. But it's nice for when you're comparing different devices.
    11-12-09 08:26 PM
    Its because a lot of the people(like myself) here are obsessed with gadgets.
    11-12-09 08:48 PM
    I partially agree with the OP.

It's Crackberry..not CrackElectronic or CrackPDA. I understand the live and let live mentality but it would be nice to not have to sift through the other smartphone crude or I hate BB's because.... Now granted of course I don't have to read any of the post (and 95% of the time I don't) but it still is crappy to have to deal.
    11-12-09 09:12 PM
    All I care about is stuff that are Blackberry related
    ... and therein lies the real issue. Closed mindedness. Most of the people on this
    site are open to discussing other devices and platforms.

This is NOT a Crackberry issue. It is a YOU issue.
    11-12-09 09:18 PM
    There is a (except storm) option for recent threads. Wouldn't it make sense if I can filter out storm stuff, I could also filter out non-bb info. You can have the forums, but why on all recent posts (except storm)?

11-12-09 09:23 PM
    I personally like seeing and hearing about what else is out there. It keeps rim on its toes.

11-12-09 09:23 PM
    I personally like seeing and hearing about what else is out there. It keeps rim on its toes.

And you use alot of the biased slams or praise on CB to determine what you will buy?

Granted there is TONS of useful info on CB for BB's but there is also tons of bashing of this BB and that BB for whatever reason. Frankly, I don't need a fanboy of BB, iphone, or droid to post why they are switching to whatever for whatever...."Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

If you like your Droid so be it. If you like your iphone, more power to you. If you had a bad experience with a BB, sorry to hear that. I am not going to be able to convince you to try BB's again and your misfortune isn't going to make me get rid of mine.

Basically...if you got issues with something...take care of it and move on.
    11-12-09 09:37 PM
    I don't mind the section for Android, iPhone, ect. But seeing all the threads in this section is getting kind of old. I just don't think this is the appropriate section to be posting that in, being that it's called "Blackberry Discussion". But I couldn't care less what's posted in the Android section, I don't go in there.

11-12-09 10:19 PM
    I made this argument before. I don't mind that iphone and droid are discussed, but throw that stuff in their forums! That's why they are there. Let's discuss something about BlackBerry. Not why the iPhone is better and oh! There it lands in the BB News and Rumors forum. Disgrace. As if people do it on purpose to **** others off or they are just dumb to scroll down half a page and notice their own discussion forums to fap over.

In anyway, best thing to do is just hit the report icon and have a mod move it.

11-13-09 01:07 AM
    It's all about $$$, guys. Traffic keeps this site alive.
    11-13-09 02:00 AM
    It's all about $$$, guys. Traffic keeps this site alive.
    Nobody's sayin they can't have their traffic, but let me goto the "Droid or Iphone" forums and start bashing and you get banned or threads or posts get deleted, let them come over here, bashing and name calling and it's perfectly fine. Sounds like double standards to me
    11-13-09 06:19 AM
    Personally I wish I didn't have to read all the pro-droid, anti-S2 banter in the S2 sun forum. I'm all about offering a forum for all but when former BB users hijack threads to promote non-BB phones on a BB forum, it gets old.

11-13-09 07:24 AM
    While I don't mind threads/forums on those other phones, I did find it interesting that they get such prominent exposure high up in the forum list. I'd have expected them to be down at the bottom of the forum list after ALL BB related subforums.

I guess Crackberry does have to be prepared for any eventuality - rim might succumb to droid fever!
    11-13-09 09:14 AM
    Unfortunately just as many BB enthusiasts bash them too. We are doing the best we can. When you see someone getting flamed instead of participating, just click on the ! triangle or !!! icons to report the post/posts, or PM a mod.
    11-13-09 09:17 AM
    It is the eternal battle of who's right and who is not.
    11-13-09 10:21 AM
    I just don't care...
    11-13-09 10:24 AM
    It is the eternal battle of who's right and who is not.
    I dont think it's a battle, and has nothing to do with who's right or wrong.

I agree that there should be a filter for blackberry folk to filter out other devices, particularly Android devices. It's getting alot of play on a primarily blackberry site and adds info we don't need...which is cool...but there should be an option here.

Perhaps you might want to add a poll to see what the majority of BLACKBERRY users think...this is crackberry...right, not AndroidCentral.com

Id like to be able to just see what's interesting to me as a blackberry user, visiting a blackberry site.

Thanks
    11-13-09 10:25 AM
    Wow. Just don't open the thread if it doesn't interest you. I personally like reading about non-bb devices and peoples' experiences with them. I love my BB, but always like to know what else is out there. People should keep those posts in the relevant subforums here, but not like it's getting me all po'd.
    11-13-09 10:41 AM
    I dont think it's a battle, and has nothing to do with who's right or wrong.

I agree that there should be a filter for blackberry folk to filter out other devices, particularly Android devices. It's getting alot of play on a primarily blackberry site and adds info we don't need...which is cool...but there should be an option here.

Perhaps you might want to add a poll to see what the majority of BLACKBERRY users think...this is crackberry...right, not AndroidCentral.com

Id like to be able to just see what's interesting to me as a blackberry user, visiting a blackberry site.

Thanks
    Maybe you are right but all i hear is a+b=c meaning...this phone is better and because is better i have it which equals to my justification of my decision is the correct one because of a.
    Then the argument becomes do the same so one will see that a is true and thus c ultimatelly is.
    11-13-09 10:43 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD