How do you remove a custom ringtone that you have set for someone? I want it to just be back to the default ringtone, I thought that there was something that said remove custom ringtone but I can't seem to find it.
    05-16-08 12:13 PM
    also, can you set a ringtone to a group of people?
    05-16-08 12:15 PM
    How do you remove a custom ringtone that you have set for someone? I want it to just be back to the default ringtone, I thought that there was something that said remove custom ringtone but I can't seem to find it.
    In the address book, click on the contact > press menu > select Edit > scroll to the bottom and change the tone to what you like.
    05-16-08 01:04 PM
    They are not wanting to change the custom ringtone they are wanting to remove it. To remove a custom ringtone:

Go to the contact
    Edit
    Scroll down to where the custom ringtone is showing (usually last line of contact)
    press "MENU" key (the key with the little dots on it to the left of the scroll ball)
    press "Delete"
    12-30-08 08:01 AM
    They are not wanting to change the custom ringtone they are wanting to remove it. To remove a custom ringtone:

Go to the contact
    Edit
    Scroll down to where the custom ringtone is showing (usually last line of contact)
    press "MENU" key (the key with the little dots on it to the left of the scroll ball)
    press "Delete"
    i've been trying to figure this out for awhile. thanks!
    02-03-09 03:42 PM
    If you start by going into your contacts you will only be able to change the ringtone, not make the same as default. If you go to SOUNDS then SET CONTACT ALERTS. You can just highlight the name of the contact press the menu key and DELETE the CONTACT ALERT. This will set that contact back to default.
    elinzme likes this.
    05-19-09 01:38 PM
    If you start by going into your contacts you will only be able to change the ringtone, not make the same as default. If you go to SOUNDS then SET CONTACT ALERTS. You can just highlight the name of the contact press the menu key and DELETE the CONTACT ALERT. This will set that contact back to default.

Thank you very much! I appreciate it.
    01-16-10 01:59 PM
    Worked perfectly! Thank you for your help!
    03-04-10 11:36 AM
    Doesn't work for me. I have no "Delete". Also if I go into "Set Contact Alerts" there are no names listed.

Checking through random contacts it would seem all or most of my contacts got changed to a custom ringtone of Classic Phone and message tone as Sanguine. However, only some of the contacts are actually using the custom tones.

Buggy!
    05-11-10 12:02 AM
    Doesn't work for me. I have no "Delete". Also if I go into "Set Contact Alerts" there are no names listed.

Checking through random contacts it would seem all or most of my contacts got changed to a custom ringtone of Classic Phone and message tone as Sanguine. However, only some of the contacts are actually using the custom tones.

Buggy!
    To remove these ringtones you have to:
    1. Select contact
    2. Press the menu button and select edit
    3. Under Custom Ring Tones/Alerts, select phone
    4. Scroll to volume, open and select silent
    5. Save changes
    Whenever this person calls, your phone will now use the default alert for the selected sound profile.
    12-28-10 08:58 PM
    Selecting Profiles and scrolling to Set Contact Alerts is the proper way. It will show you a list of the Contacts that have been setup with custom ringtones and message alerts. Note that Cutom Message alerts only apply to emails. At least for my 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 12-29-10 at 07:48 PM.
    fiannah likes this.
    12-28-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD