I called VZW today to see if I can upgrade when the 8530 comes out. The guy on the phone had no idea what phone. I was talking about. Although he did know that any new device would have 5.0 OS on it. So I called back and the girl who took my call gave me basically the same answer. There has already been an official press release and release date given by big red. Why do they not let the phone jockeys talk about it? I did find out I can't upgrade yet anyone find the retail price on this phone yet? If its more than 250 I'm going to call and threaten to switch to T mobile to get the 8520 so they will give me an upgrade to keep my 260 a month coming in.
    11-12-09 02:11 PM
    To answer your first question, not everybody pays attention to all the phones that are coming out. For better or worse. Also, there's no official release date yet AFAIK, and if they haven't announced it, they're not going to tell you.

Secondly, how long have you had you're current phone? If you just got it two months ago, good luck.. You might find an agent here and there that would be willing, but good luck finding a sup as they have been cracking down on it. Secondly, are you even sure you're going to be paying less? If you're paying $260 a month, you have at least 3 lines. If that's the case, you would have to ETF all of them, go through the hassle of porting a number, and still pay $49.99 to T-Mo + phones for other lines + activation fees (possibly waived). Are you really sure you're coming out ahead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 02:32 PM
    I'm pretty sure the headline on Crackberry did say "Verizon Officially Announces" about the release date, I'm driving right now so I can't check though. As far as getting an upgrade they will definately do it. You obviously have never called and tried to cancel before. Last time I wanted to Cancel they tried saying stuff about the ETF and I simply told them it won't be the first credit agency I've dealt with. Ended up with a $25 credit on my bill for the next 6 months when it was all done to keep me from switching to att. Its all in how you go after it. I don't know any business that won't take a $100 hit to make 3120 over the next year. The last thing any company wants is to lose a loyal customer, no matter how small and insignificant the loss may seem.
    11-12-09 04:55 PM
    11-12-09 05:22 PM
    VZW is not the smartest right now. I offered to bring them 48 contracts, 28 of which are new lines to them and they tried to say the bogo is a good offer. att when i have done this before, gave me all the phones plus credits. huge fail for VZ,
    11-12-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD