I bought recently a BB Bold 9000. For my first use of Desktop Manager (windows Vista), i agreed to update it. It started and after backup the software was being loaded when finally an error msg appeared. FATAL ERROR...... ( i did not think about writing down ) It stopped and I then plugged off the BB, then tried to switch it on. No way. It's not starting, not booting and nothing on the screen. Only the Led, blinks twice, red. I tried to change the battery, but nothing. The desktop manager does not recognize it anymore and can't connect to it. I have a macbook with Desktop Manager which i use with my other bb. When I plug it to the Mac, the Desktop Manager on the Mac recognize it (it displays the pin) but can't connect to it.

I'm very worried because this is a brand new one, and I just activated the BIS on it.
    Is there any way to recover it?
    Thanks for helping.

Ocomar.
    11-12-09 06:11 AM
    Uh-oh, sounds like a bricked berry. Or should I say "nuked". Happens when something wrong goes into the upgrade. You can fix it by yourself; it's easy but it'll take some time.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

this should get you back up in no time.
    11-12-09 06:14 AM
    I'm gonna try right now.
    11-12-09 06:40 AM
    Succeeded to recover. Just followed the instructions as provided in the link
    11-12-09 10:29 AM
    Uh-oh, sounds like a bricked berry. Or should I say "nuked". Happens when something wrong goes into the upgrade. You can fix it by yourself; it's easy but it'll take some time.

this should get you back up in no time.
    Thanks a lot.
    11-12-09 10:52 AM
    make backups each time u upgrade the os btw jus a lil fyi
    11-12-09 02:32 PM
    I tried this with my BB Bold 9000 and this did not work. My device blinks four times, pauses for 2 seconds and then blinks four times, then repeats the cycle. I've tried all the fixes suggested and have had no luck. Seeking help soon: Please read MOMama threads to see the details of my problem and attempted fixes. Got an idea? ~MOMama
    03-01-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD