Was in water for about 1 second but got enough behind the screen that it fried. All I get is a solid red led. The screen does nothing.

What are my options here? I have the 4.99 a month insurance. Will it cover water damage. Even though neither of the water damage indicators are showing anything?
    11-11-09 11:07 PM
    Nvm just checked again and it was white with red line. Will verizon still replace it for a fee?
    11-11-09 11:12 PM
    dunno man depends on your insurance contract
    11-11-09 11:20 PM
    If the one on the battery is white with a red line you're fine, that's how it comes...how bout the one one the phone itself?
    Nvm just checked again and it was white with red line. Will verizon still replace it for a fee?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 11:30 PM
    tell me more about these "water damage indicators." Sounds fascinating.

Never mind, got'em. thx
    Last edited by Furballz; 11-11-09 at 11:43 PM.
    11-11-09 11:32 PM
    The one on the battery is white and red. The one on the phone itself is red with white. But its been like that from day one. Ive read somewhere that the one on the phone is just a sticker and isnt an indicator.
    11-11-09 11:38 PM
    Ok so update. Everything seems to be working except the screen. It seems to have no power going to it.
    11-12-09 12:22 AM
    Ok so I have the Duracell of storms. It is back to life just alittle buggy. Oh well guess I will still get a new one.
    11-12-09 12:33 AM
    The problem is you are playing with it while there is still moisture in it. Pull the battery and let it dry out and perhaps you can save it. There are a few threads out there about ways to dry it, but it sounds like you just need to let it dry for a couple days. If you keep playing with it you will short it out completely. If you have access to silica gel desiccants (those little moisture control beads that used to come in shoe boxes) put them in a sealed container with your phone. If not then just put it on top of your cable or satelite box to dry out. DON'T USE RICE!! The dust from the rice is likely to get under the screen and you will have a mess.
    11-12-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD