I want to buy one but I am not sure what is the best one to get.
    11-11-09 05:16 PM
    Try QuickLaunch. Its a must have program and it comes with a flashlight app built in. Its $5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 05:21 PM
    x2 On QuickLaunch...just don't buy it from App World...
    11-11-09 06:22 PM
    just configure your video recorder to have the light on all the time through the options menu.

free ... and works better than most apps but will flash when you change from landscape to portrait so try to keep it at one orientation.
    11-11-09 06:34 PM
    Hey, I have quicklaunch. I didn't even know it had a flashlight feature. Where is this function on ql?
    11-11-09 06:43 PM
    Hey, I have quicklaunch. I didn't even know it had a flashlight feature. Where is this function on ql?
    Make sure you have 2.15

Add it to your menu in the "Applications" section of the options
    11-11-09 07:03 PM
    QL's Flashlight is exactly the same as just setting your video recorder to have the flash setting always on. However, I recommend a combination of QL and One Touch Flashlight. One Touch makes sure the light does not go off even after your screen dims, and you can access it quickly via QL -- however, the biggest plus is you can use QL's tilt lock on it so that the light doesn't go out for a second when the orientation switches
    11-11-09 07:31 PM
    Hmmm those are goos suggestions. QL seems like its a good app, I keep hearing tons of good things about it. Makes me wish I had bought it instead of stoptilt...
    11-11-09 07:46 PM
    Sell stoptilt, get QL. Significantly more useful Still, with the Storm I recommend OneTouchFlashlight, as the backlight dims easily otherwise (and the only way to really keep it on is by clicking the screen occasionally), whereas with other bbs you can just roll the trackball around to keep the light on.
    11-11-09 11:16 PM
    Sell stoptilt, get QL. Significantly more useful Still, with the Storm I recommend OneTouchFlashlight, as the backlight dims easily otherwise (and the only way to really keep it on is by clicking the screen occasionally), whereas with other bbs you can just roll the trackball around to keep the light on.
    Wonder how the Flashlight app would work with QuickLaunch's built in StayLit function? I may try that later...after the lights go out.
    11-12-09 12:46 AM
    one touch flashlight fo me.
    11-12-09 12:49 AM
    Thanks everyone..I noticed the "One Touch Flashlight" app was on sale for a dollar so I decided to give it a try. I have only played with it for a few minutes but it seems to work perfect for what I need.
    11-12-09 06:07 AM
    What does these apps do, turn the screen white or turn on the camera flash?
    11-12-09 06:19 AM
    What does these apps do, turn the screen white or turn on the camera flash?
    Actually it illuminates the video Recorder LED.
    11-12-09 07:12 AM
    quik launch uses video light. works great
    11-12-09 07:48 AM
    Wonder how the Flashlight app would work with QuickLaunch's built in StayLit function?
    QL has a staylit function?!?! Where/how?
    11-12-09 04:09 PM
    Quicklaunch is supposed to keep the light on itself actually, and on my phone it does. the just updated the reset feature to work on 5.0 also!
    11-12-09 04:25 PM
    x2 On QuickLaunch...just don't buy it from App World...
    Pardon my ignorance (I'm new at this), but why would you not buy it at appworld?
    11-13-09 07:16 AM
    Quicklaunch is supposed to keep the light on itself actually
    Damn doesn't for me
    11-15-09 10:09 PM
    QL has a staylit function?!?! Where/how?
    Open QL - Hit BB Button - Add Item - Application - StayLit - Back - Save.

This will add the option in your QL menu. Then when open QL next time, just select StayLit. Your screen will stay lit until the next time you click a convenience (side) key. I use it with my BBMaps in the patrol car to use it as a GPS. That way it stays lit all night instead of dimming every couple minutes.

I also tried it with the QL Flashlight option, and it keeps the light on indefinitely.
    11-16-09 12:18 AM
    Cool! So the QL flashlight is just the screen staying on? The One Flashlight app would be the flash of the camera staying on?
    11-16-09 04:29 AM
    Pardon my ignorance (I'm new at this), but why would you not buy it at appworld?
    Actually CrackBerry.com is where I buy as many of my apps as I can. When you switch/upgrade/replace your phone CB has option in "your apps" to do a pin/device switch that will give you all your new reg codes for your apps. Works really nice.
    11-16-09 04:44 AM
    Cool! So the QL flashlight is just the screen staying on? The One Flashlight app would be the flash of the camera staying on?
    The QL flashlight is the camera light, you can also use the tiltlock with QL to keep the screen locked so the light doesnt go out when you switch orientation. Quicklaunch is a good app, I highly recommend it.
    11-16-09 04:54 AM
    Will there be an update soon for the S2 or was there an update recently? The website says it's only compatible with the S1. I'd like to wait for one that says it's made for the S2 if it's coming soon.
    11-16-09 05:25 AM
    Will there be an update soon for the S2 or was there an update recently? The website says it's only compatible with the S1. I'd like to wait for one that says it's made for the S2 if it's coming soon.
    Update for QuickLaunch? It works fine on my S2. Just make sure you set all permissions to "Allow" either during or after installation. If you have any problems, their support are great to work with. You won't be disappointed.
    11-16-09 06:02 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD