I'm hoping this is the best / correct forums, but it may need to go into BES admins? Not really sure.

I just recently (yesterday) got a blackberry for my work e-mail (lotus notes is what we use here, I hate lotus notes with a passion but i'm stuck).

There are two things i'm trying to see if it's possible to change / fix etc.

First, when i send an e-mail from my PC notes installation it sync's the sent e-mail to my blackberry. Is there a way to stop this, or do I just need to set it as "hide sent items"

Second, Is it supposed to sync properly for read / unread items when I open an e-mail in my notes installation on my desktop? Example I received an e-mail, Opened it, replied, and filed it in a folder to save. My blackberry however 10 minutes later was still blinking showing a new e-mail. I know if I read on berry, it marks it read in notes, but does it / is it supposed to go the other way as well??
    11-11-09 02:12 PM
    Bumping. Any input would be great, if I need to post this somewhere else please let me know.
    11-12-09 07:32 PM
    I'm not a notes expert - Exchange is much more my area - but...

> when i send an e-mail from my PC notes installation it sync's the sent e-mail to my blackberry. Is there a way to stop this, or do I just need to set it as "hide sent items"

This is by design so you already answered your question really

> Is it supposed to sync properly for read / unread items when I open an e-mail in my notes installation on my desktop? Example I received an e-mail, Opened it, replied, and filed it in a folder to save. My blackberry however 10 minutes later was still blinking showing a new e-mail. I know if I read on berry, it marks it read in notes, but does it / is it supposed to go the other way as well??

If the message is moved from the folder before BES has seen and processed the status change from unread to read, then it wont update the message status on the device.
    11-13-09 08:00 AM
    I am a Notes/Domino expert, but just getting started with the whole BPS/BES thing.

The first question is "Which version of Notes (and BES) is your employer using?"

On BPS 4.1 Domino server 8.01 there is a "save sent messages" setting in the User properties, I don't know if it can be set by users, but you could ask your BB admin.

BB's will sync read/unread messages with Notes/Domino both ways, but a couple of things need to be set right. Check that the BB server has at least editor rights to your mail DB (File -- Database -- Access control).
    11-15-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD