Someone sort of touched on this in a different thread, but I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I figured I'd start a new one. Is anyone else having issue loading new comments on the app? I've noticed this issue starting last night and running thru into today, I get a comment notification and when I go to view it, it tells me "Unable to retrieve the post at this time. Please try again later." Is anyone else having this issue?
    11-11-09 08:58 AM
    Yes, I've been having this issue since last night too. Some posts show as normal, but some just say "comment," and when I try to open it, it just says "Unable to retrieve the post at this time. Please try again later." Glad to know it's not just me. Now, how do we get this fixed???
    11-11-09 09:05 AM
    Now that's a good question, I just sent in a bug report to Facebook about this, so hopefully they get it resolved...
    11-11-09 09:11 AM
    Thanks, buddy. This is SOOO getting on my nerves. I have to go to the mobile site to see what I'm missing, and it kinda gets on my nerves.
    11-11-09 09:12 AM
    Yeah, me too, it's really a pain in the ***... hopefully they get it fixed soon. I really like the 1.7 update... just wish it would work perfectly every time!
    11-11-09 09:15 AM
    Get the same message- especially for comments made to "Group" listings. And also- FB 1.7 has become a memory HOG... The 1.6 worked fine and my memory would stick around 12-14Mb, more or less. Same apps are installed, except for 1.7 and now after 1 day the mem is down to less than 3Mb!
    11-11-09 09:20 AM
    You all need to remember that the Facebook app is not developed by Facebook, it is developed by RIM. More headway can be done by reporting bugs to the dev and not to the platform.

RIM needs to be held accountable for this failure of an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:26 AM
    Prob here too. Started early yesterday evening.

11-11-09 10:17 AM
    Yeah, I completely agree with this. Talk to any iPhone user - their FaceBook app works FLAWLESSLY.
    11-11-09 10:47 AM
    I thought it was just me, it is so frustrating! Its been going on for two days for me, some show up just fine, some just say "comment" and then have the unable to retrieve nag screen. The longer messages get errored out more often then the short one liners, very frustrating since all my gmail comes through to my phone *except* FB notifications so I have to follow up on my computer when I get home to see the comments.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app without any change.. so save your time. I am glad it is not just me, I was thinking my new crackberry was broken!
    11-11-09 11:12 AM
    Count me in too...I'm getting the same problem on 1.7. I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.
    11-11-09 11:28 AM
    You all need to remember that the Facebook app is not developed by Facebook, it is developed by RIM. More headway can be done by reporting bugs to the dev and not to the platform.

I understand your position, however, I don't believe this is an issue related to RIM developing the app. When you recieve a new notification e-mail and it kicks over to the app, the app connects to the FB servers to load the comment, and give you the options of commenting back, etc. It seems to me that the comments are being delivered via the e-mail, and being kicked to the app (RIM's part) and the FB servers aren't connecting to the app to load the proper data (FB's part) therefore making this a FB problem, not RIM...

RIM has no control over Facebook's servers being down, or having issues...

the iPhone's application connects to Facebook much like you do whenever you log in to your PC. It works alot differently then the BB app, your notifications don't get popped to you like they do on the BB, you have to log on and load up your entire FB account and see what updates you have. Totally different UI.

AND, I personally really like FB 1.7, I don't see where it is a failure at all.
    11-11-09 11:48 AM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Did a few battery pulls hoping that would solve it...NOPE!
    11-11-09 11:56 AM
    Had the same exact issue last nite and luckily I was next to my laptop to retrieve the comments. I'm not really in to FB anymore as Twitter has taken over, so it doesn't bother me as much as it use to.
    11-11-09 12:18 PM
    I'm having the same problem and it's pretty annoying.

11-11-09 02:10 PM
    Thank GOD I'm not the only one. I was getting pretty frustrated and I too deleted the app and reinstalled it. And I also love the FB 1.7. Until now....
    11-11-09 02:47 PM
    I've been having this issue off and on for about a week. But as of today it's been constant. Very annoying especially after the great outage of 1.6
    11-11-09 03:00 PM
    Same here..Im pissed off because I do business on facebook and I travel alot so its frustrating..Aside from that I cant accept friends either,and I could before..Now in order to do so I have to go to the mobile site of laptop...Im angry!
    11-11-09 03:04 PM
    Same issue here.
    11-11-09 03:07 PM
    I've been dealing with this message for like a week now. Seems to only be getting worse. Unsure of what is causing it. I've battery pulled, reinstalled FB, and nothing seems to be helping the issue.

To whom it may concern; FB or RIM, Can you please tell me what is going on?
    11-11-09 03:29 PM
    I understand your position, however, I don't believe this is an issue related to RIM developing the app. When you recieve a new notification e-mail and it kicks over to the app, the app connects to the FB servers to load the comment, and give you the options of commenting back, etc. It seems to me that the comments are being delivered via the e-mail, and being kicked to the app (RIM's part) and the FB servers aren't connecting to the app to load the proper data (FB's part) therefore making this a FB problem, not RIM...
    The app connects to FBs servers through RIMs servers, why do you think that there have been so many connection issues among a multitude of users and such? Not only has RIM developed the app but they have crippled it in such a way that it uses RIM/BIS as the middle man to deliver the content. Remove the middleman and remove alot of the problem.

RIM has no control over Facebook's servers being down, or having issues...

the iPhone's application connects to Facebook much like you do whenever you log in to your PC. It works alot differently then the BB app, your notifications don't get popped to you like they do on the BB, you have to log on and load up your entire FB account and see what updates you have. Totally different UI.

AND, I personally really like FB 1.7, I don't see where it is a failure at all.
    The iphone app is developed by facebook so no wonder that their interface is much like the desktop application. Again it works differently because the platform is controlling the way the content is delivered to the device, whereas RIM is controlling the delivery of content by routing the service through their servers and has developed the app. So yes the UI is not only different but the content delivery method is as well. Had RIM allowed someone from facebook to develop the app I doubt there would be this level of distress among the userbase.

RIM is not only hurting their image, but that of facebooks as well by allowing this faulty app to continue. Sadly not everyone is aware that the app only connects to facebook, and was not developed by them.
    11-11-09 04:30 PM
    Problem here too. Only way around it so far for me has been to either go to the Facebook mobile site, or go to my own profile and find which post the comment was left on.

Incredibly annoying. Like everyone else on here, just started for me last night.
    11-11-09 06:03 PM
    Same problem here. Glad I'm not the only one because I've had to change my Storm 3 times in the last two weeks and I thought it was another hardware issue. That's why this site is sooooo good.
    11-11-09 06:21 PM
    I have the Bold on At&t and same issues says cannot retreive post at this time how anoying!
    11-11-09 11:26 PM
    The issue i have is i dont get a notification at all but i know someone has either wrote something on my wall or commented on something i wrote.

My 2nd issue is the inbox on the FB app on BB, is there one? i looked everywhere and i couldnt find it. it lets me compose a inbox message but what happens when they reply? where do i have to go to read that?

Help =]
    11-12-09 03:56 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD