I have purchase a full pink housing for my 8900 but i can't seem to find any videos that would show how to replace the MID PLATE of the housing, with the camera lens, the attennae and all the little bits and pieces of it. I am aware with changing everything else but this is the only part that i cannot seem to understand!? is there any trick or ANY video out there that will show you how?! I just don't get how other people can do it and sell the full housing kit and not make a video for this! It's really frustrating so if anyone finds a video for this PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK! thanks!!!
    Last edited by cocochanel12; 11-14-09 at 03:09 AM.
    11-11-09 05:04 AM
    did you even search? i searched for "curve 8900 disassembly" on youtube and got a bunch of vids....<shrugs>. the following one is more in depth than most others ive seen in the past few months. try googling what i searched for, im sure you will find many more.

11-11-09 05:17 AM
    did you even search? i searched for "curve 8900 disassembly" on youtube and got a bunch of vids....<shrugs>. the following one is more in depth than most others ive seen in the past few months. try googling what i searched for, im sure you will find many more.

Yes i have seen that video before.. it does not explain how to remove the camera lens , flash and all the little silver buttons. Seems as if know one can actually do it at the moment, i did however found a video of this guy that did it but he didn't really explain and show how he managed to do it. I would really like to get the side bar a different colour but *sigh* guess i have to wait til some one posts up a video!

(here is the picture of what i would like to disassemble, it is the side bar of the 8900 with the left and right keys)
    http://www.fonlogix.us/thumbnail.asp...axx=300&maxy=0

(here is the video that i mentioned that came close to showing how to do it but not quite..)
    11-11-09 05:53 AM
    Please read the link in my sig. It's not a disassembly tutorial but it will help.
    11-11-09 10:04 AM
    For more help, please change your font. I tried to read this thread 3 times but had to turn away each time due to the blinding font.
    11-11-09 11:03 AM
    For more help, please change your font. I tried to read this thread 3 times but had to turn away each time due to the blinding font.
    That's the first... ... but ok...
    11-11-09 01:18 PM
    I am currently waiting for my chrome housing to come in. When it gets here I will be doing a DETAILED disassembly with pictures and video explaining how to remove the camera and everything else. Be patient. I will post it as soon as I get all the parts in.
    11-11-09 03:25 PM
    There are numerous videos on this, hit up youtube
    11-11-09 04:31 PM
    I am currently waiting for my chrome housing to come in. When it gets here I will be doing a DETAILED disassembly with pictures and video explaining how to remove the camera and everything else. Be patient. I will post it as soon as I get all the parts in.
    that is awesome!! i cannot wait, thank you so much
    I am sure everyone is excited just as i am
    Last edited by cocochanel12; 11-11-09 at 04:56 PM.
    11-11-09 04:45 PM
    tried it, not what im looking for, there are numerous videos of them just disassembling the bezel , battery back and the buttom bracket but NO ONE has a video of them changing the mid plate ( side bracket) yet.
    11-11-09 04:55 PM
    Actually, you're correct and incorrect. There are numerous videos on 8900 disassembly, but there are NONE on the midplate disassembly.

I have searched. That is why I'll be doing one soon.

If you'd have searched you would know this.
    11-11-09 04:58 PM
    i am currently waiting for my chrome housing to come in. When it gets here i will be doing a detailed disassembly with pictures and video explaining how to remove the camera and everything else. Be patient. I will post it as soon as i get all the parts in.
    thank you 3c !! I can't wait for it either !!
    11-13-09 09:49 PM
    Please...turn your pink font colour off! It's hard to read.

Just found this. Very good pictures on how to take your phone apart.

Disassembly: Blackberry Javelin 8900; Pictures. - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

The easiest way to separate the bottom cover is with your fingernail... Just pull down on the side of the phone with your finger nail and it pops right off...
    Last edited by DataCentre; 11-13-09 at 11:05 PM.
    11-13-09 10:37 PM
    Coco, I know exactly what you are trying to do and you are correct there is no tutorial or video that walks you through this. I have done this before and advise to be extremely cautious when you do attempt to separate the cam, speakers and circuits off the mid plate. It is extremely fragile- but it can be done!

I wish that I had the time and patience to make a detailed video on how to disassemble/ reassemble the components off of the mid plate! Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 11:21 PM
    Had the same problem, discussed here... http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/he...ousing-339230/

No info available, so gave up
    11-14-09 02:53 AM
    Coco, I know exactly what you are trying to do and you are correct there is no tutorial or video that walks you through this. I have done this before and advise to be extremely cautious when you do attempt to separate the cam, speakers and circuits off the mid plate. It is extremely fragile- but it can be done!

I wish that I had the time and patience to make a detailed video on how to disassemble/ reassemble the components off of the mid plate! Good luck!

Yeah i guess we will just have to wait !
    11-14-09 03:05 AM
    Please...turn your pink font colour off! It's hard to read.

Just found this. Very good pictures on how to take your phone apart.

Disassembly: Blackberry Javelin 8900; Pictures. - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

The easiest way to separate the bottom cover is with your fingernail... Just pull down on the side of the phone with your finger nail and it pops right off...

Doesn't answer my question.
    and i like my pink font and i can see it perfectly
    11-14-09 03:09 AM

Doesn't answer my question.
    and i like my pink font and i can see it perfectly
    Honestly, if you want the best support, you need to turn that blinding font color off. I can't even read your posts (without therapy) to help you out and I know for sure that other helpful members here feel the same way. The decision is yours and this is just a very helpful suggestion. Do with it what you will.
    11-14-09 03:12 AM

Wow dude, second post I've seen you be a straight Pr!ck in, on the opening line.

OP, if your midplate is in good condition, you won't have to switch it out. I think they should be the same color, right? Usually you just want to switch it if it's been in water or in some kind of damaging situation...

Also, I dig the pink. If these people can't read it, they're in need of better glasses -- I'm saying this WITH my glasses on, tyvm
    11-14-09 08:54 PM
    Ami I agree w/ you in regards to your advice on the midplate. Most of all I agree with you in regards to the "Pr!ck". It seems that crackberry is full of ethugs and "know it alls" who instead of helping and guiding someone in a friendly manner- would rather scold or belittle someone who is asking for help...what buggs me the most is that someone can be so anal to take the time to leave a comment that dosnt even add value or in any way helpful to the post or the Op's question. I guess its better to take the time and leave a dickie comment is the cool thing in these forums.

By the way coco, that pink font rocks. I just might change my font color to hawt pink like yours. Maybe will will start a whole group to post in bright pink on crackberry. Lol

Last edited by b4k3d; 11-14-09 at 09:16 PM.
    11-14-09 09:09 PM
    Ami I agree w/ you in regards to your advice on the midplate. Most of all I agree with you in regards to the "Pr!ck". It seems that crackberry is full of ethugs and "know it alls" who instead of helping and guiding someone in a friendly manner- would rather scold or belittle someone who is asking for help...what buggs me the most is that someone can be so anal to take the time to leave a comment that dosnt even add value or in any way helpful to the post or the Op's question. I guess its better to take the time and leave a dickie comment is the cool thing in these forums.

By the way coco, that pink font rocks. I just might change my font color to hawt pink like yours. Maybe will will start a whole group to post in bright pink on crackberry. Lol

I totally agree with you. Some people have their phones long enough thinking they know all as if they worked for RIM themselves. I think we should all help each other out rather than being "know it alls".
    11-15-09 08:23 PM
    I totally agree with you. Some people have their phones long enough thinking they know all as if they worked for RIM themselves. I think we should all help each other out rather than being "know it alls".
    haha yeah so true
    11-18-09 03:38 AM

haha thanks! yah i im not changing my font just because they can't read it! Must be something wrong with their eyes, or computer If they can't read it , oh well!! YESSS GO PINK POWER!!!
    11-18-09 03:39 AM
    Honestly, if you want the best support, you need to turn that blinding font color off. I can't even read your posts (without therapy) to help you out and I know for sure that other helpful members here feel the same way. The decision is yours and this is just a very helpful suggestion. Do with it what you will.
    how bout .. NO?
    11-18-09 03:41 AM
    I'm looking forward to seeing the detailed video by 3C as i'm waiting for a full pink housing to arrive so I can give my girlfriend a pinkblackberry for christmas
    11-22-09 12:07 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD