Hi. First, thanks for the hard work you all put into making terrific themes for us. I've seen, and purchased, some incredibly creative and useful themes here on CB.

My question is this: I've purchased 2 themes that were designed using the new theme builder software for 5.0. It may just be coincidence, but each of these themes was ~1.3-1.5MB. Themes under the old Plazmic seemed to run more in the 600KB to 900KB range. Is the increased file size a function of how the new theme builder works, or is there more data that goes into the new themes, accounting for their increased bulk.

I've got plenty of room to spare, so I'm not complaining :P But I am curious on an academic level what's causing the bigger themes.

Thanks.
    11-10-09 08:42 PM
    all my themes using plazmic 4.7 where in the 1.0 to 1.5 range. Size depends on the size of the files you add (icons,backgrounds,buttons, etc). The more you customize in theme builder the larger the file becomes. Also theme builders need to minimize this by reducing the files sizes of the backgrounds using something like adobe photoshop. I have not really noticed much of a difference in the export size of my themes. Maybe a tiny bit for the new transition options.
    11-10-09 09:51 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    11-11-09 09:54 AM
    All of my exported themes in TB 5.0 are about twice the size as they were in TB 4.7. It probably has something to do with all of the new bells and whistles included in TB 5.0.
    11-11-09 04:56 PM
    All of my exported themes in TB 5.0 are about twice the size as they were in TB 4.7. It probably has something to do with all of the new bells and whistles included in TB 5.0.
    Same here. I'm recreating mine for the Storm 5.0 OS and the sizes are coming up about 600Kb larger than before. They are double the size if I just open the old file in the new Theme Builder then compile it.
    11-12-09 02:10 PM
    The major file size increase I have noticed comes from Transitions....atleast that waas my experience....my theme went up around 400 more KBs when using transitions.
    11-13-09 01:22 AM
    i have a question....and i'm very new to this whole theme building thing, so forgive me if this is dumb,
    but i noticed that the size of the themes i have created so far (when i look at the file on my PC) shows them to be between 4-6mb!! but when i export one of them to my phone, the free app memory doesn't drop hardly at all, and the device behaves normally(no unsual lag, etc.)
    do i do something wrong?? does the size of the theme file on the PC=the "on device/operating" size?
    i would also like to echo the op's comments, thanks to you guys for all your hard work, this has been a very helpful forum and community, and the advice and effort you all put in is really appreciated.
    11-19-09 08:19 AM
    what you're looking at is the size of the theme builder file not the exported jad and cod files
    11-19-09 10:28 AM
    ok. i was hoping/wondering if that was the case.
    thanks for your help!
    11-19-09 10:34 AM
    Hello,
    I recently downloaded the 5.0 themebuilder and am a bit new to this...however, so far I've successfully created a theme and exported it to my blackberry 8330 curve.
    The problem is that I don't quite know how to configure the banner so that when the theme is on the phone, the facebook mini banner icon shows at the top. Also I accidentally deleted the 320x240 image catalog that came with themebuilder, can someone post a copy for me?
    Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. Thanks for all your help.
    01-04-10 07:51 AM
    Do you still have the install files? If so, uninstall and reinstall.
    01-04-10 08:08 AM
    I have a (probably stupid) question for you guys since you seem to know what youre talking about.. I downloaded the theme builder in order to created my own themes for my phone; my curve 9330 is not on the list, so I have read that you can do other phones, but I have tried them and when all is finished and I try to export them it says the theme is not for my model of phone and to plug in the right one and try again (or something along the lines). My question is; do you know how, or is there any way, to successfully make/export themes to my phone?
    thanks
    05-10-11 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD