QuickLaunch 2.15.5 for Storm 95xx

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW DURING INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

New Features in 2.15.5:

Device Reset Fix
    (renamed 'Reboot Device')
    Reset now works on OS 5.0. After installing this update if the reset does not work just do a manual battery pull. It will work thereafer.

Wifi Toggle for Storm 2 devices

Supports Pandora 1.1.2
    ... and previous versions also

Bluetooth toggle fix for S2

Sound Profile Selector
    Quickly select a sound profile from QL

============

Update emails will go out soon.
    App world customers with the storm can use the 'Check for Updates' button in QL Options to get this release.

Next devices to be updated Bold 9000 (tomorrow) and 81xx (later this week)
    Thanks.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st and who do not have version 2.0+ $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

For more information please visit NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 11-12-09 at 06:07 PM.
    11-10-09 06:49 PM
    Did you lift the music in your demo video from a pr0n movie? Sure sounds like it...

Any chance you might share the .png of the original rocket ship icon? With the new Theme Builder, it would be easier to add a custom icon to a theme. I really liked the retro look!
    11-10-09 07:35 PM
    Delete call log on the S2 doesn't seem to be working for me. Is this a known issue or am I setting something incorrectly? tia
    11-10-09 07:54 PM
    one of the most awsome utility apps ever! its like 6 apps in one!
    11-10-09 08:48 PM
    Nice job Cheeta!
    11-10-09 09:12 PM
    Is there a compose sms like there was in your older version. I want to be able to compose a message and then add a contact name to the message and then send
    11-10-09 09:18 PM
    Sorry, but this update does NOT work on my Storm 9350 with the 5.0 OS. I ran the "check for updates" from within the app. It installed, rebooted, and now when trying to launch the app I get the following error:

Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch" does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module "QuickLaunch1'.

I click OK and the app does not run. That is all I get to happen. I even reinstalled the older version from Appworld, upgraded again and still get the error. Have had to go back to version 2.15.2

JF40
    11-10-09 09:42 PM
    Delete call log still doesn't work......also Bluetooth Toggle doesn't change status of BT, only brings up connections screen.
    Last edited by WINEWT; 11-11-09 at 08:26 AM.
    11-11-09 08:23 AM
    The bluetooth toogle locks up quicklaunch on my storm (running 328). In other words, it doesn't toggle bluetooth, stays open and will not relaunch.
    11-11-09 10:30 AM
    Just started using this app yesterday (Storm 2). Very impressed, but one concern.

Toggle bluetooth actually toggles Wifi. There is no "toggle Wifi" option. I would like to have both of these. I have edited the name to "toggle Wifi" but would also like to have a toggle BT option that works.

*EDIT* - I still had the old version. Updated to the new one and all is well. Sorry to be "that guy."
    Last edited by charlestonemt; 11-11-09 at 02:40 PM.
    11-11-09 01:09 PM
    Did you lift the music in your demo video from a pr0n movie? Sure sounds like it...

Any chance you might share the .png of the original rocket ship icon? With the new Theme Builder, it would be easier to add a custom icon to a theme. I really liked the retro look!
    Contact wayne at wjd designs for that. he's on this site.
    11-11-09 01:15 PM
    Delete call log on the S2 doesn't seem to be working for me. Is this a known issue or am I setting something incorrectly? tia
    The delete call log api's are broken in 5.0. We have to wait for rim to address this issue.
    11-11-09 01:15 PM
    Is there a compose sms like there was in your older version. I want to be able to compose a message and then add a contact name to the message and then send
    Compose sms is not launchable by 3rd party apps anymore. You can use 'Sms to Contact however.
    11-11-09 01:16 PM
    The bluetooth toogle locks up quicklaunch on my storm (running 328). In other words, it doesn't toggle bluetooth, stays open and will not relaunch.
    Answered in the first post.
    11-11-09 01:17 PM
    Sorry, but this update does NOT work on my Storm 9350 with the 5.0 OS. I ran the "check for updates" from within the app. It installed, rebooted, and now when trying to launch the app I get the following error:

Error starting QuickLaunch: Module 'QuickLaunch" does not match codfile timestamp of sibling module "QuickLaunch1'.

I click OK and the app does not run. That is all I get to happen. I even reinstalled the older version from Appworld, upgraded again and still get the error. Have had to go back to version 2.15.2

JF40
    Uninstall your previous version first if you get this problem.
    11-11-09 01:17 PM
    I just downloaded the updated version of this app and it renders my Storm completely useless. It is making my device lag horribly, especially if trying to type anything. I can have half a dozen words typed before the first word shows on the screen, which has never been an issue for my storm to keep up to my typing. It takes over 2 minutes for my Storm to load my applications list (through options menu) when it used to take no more then 10-15 seconds.

I received the e-mail about the update, deleted my old verison, restarted my device, downloaded the new verison, restarted my device and this is what I have run into. I have added no other apps to my device in the few days other then this update. (For the device "restarting" I have used Meterberry to do a device reset, as well as a manual battery pull and am still seeing the same issues)

I am running the latest Telus offical upgrade 4.7.0.122 for my 9530 and have tried both enabling and disabling compatibility mode, as well as having all permissions set to allow and it is still making my storm run horribly slow.

After I delete the app and have no verison of QL running on my storm it works perfectly normal again. No lagging, boots up fast, no issues with typing.

Has anyone else seen this? I really hope it is an easy fix as I love this app and use it everyday and don't want to get rid of it.
    11-11-09 06:59 PM
    I actually noticed a weird problem with this update on my S1 9530 running .328...For some reason, whenever my device rebooted (from battery pull or meterberry), it would freeze on the Verizon loading screen. Only on the second battery pull would my phone boot (after the first froze). Caused me to miss a class today...

I uninstalled QL and the problem is gone...I am hoping for a fix soon. In the meantime, how can I install and use the previous version to this?
    11-11-09 07:29 PM
    My device freezes on the Telus loading screen, then shows a default Telus wallpaper which I don't use (I use a wall paper shuffle program) and it takes about a minute for it to clear that wall paper and resume using my normal wallpapers, and then it still takes an additional minute or two to verify my security software. Without QL it runs smooth with no issues.
    11-11-09 07:34 PM
    I actually noticed a weird problem with this update on my S1 9530 running .328...For some reason, whenever my device rebooted (from battery pull or meterberry), it would freeze on the Verizon loading screen. Only on the second battery pull would my phone boot (after the first froze). Caused me to miss a class today...

I uninstalled QL and the problem is gone...I am hoping for a fix soon. In the meantime, how can I install and use the previous version to this?
    Strakerc and ryaneagles,

email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail.
    thanks
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 11-12-09 at 12:23 AM.
    11-12-09 12:13 AM
    Reset (Reboot) after manual battery pull still does not work.
    11-12-09 04:16 AM
    Check and see if "reset timer" is greyed out under your permissions. That was my problem. Reset now works great.
    11-12-09 05:43 AM
    I installed the new QL update and I'm having all SORTS of problems. Got the VSOD repeatedly no matter how many battery pulls I did and couldn't get the phone to boot up. Which is something I've NEVER gotten on my phone since I got it in Nov 08. Finally got it to boot up after I searched the forums and found the sd card pull solution. Now every single time I try to do a 'screen capture' QL locks up, gives me a wht screen w/ an error msg about setting all my permissions to allow, and then after I clear it, QL won't open back up again. If I try to open it, it just locks up the phone til I hit the end button. (btw, my permissions ARE set to allow and compatibility mode is disabled)

I'm hoping I backed up the old version b/c this sucks. I'm downgrading.
    11-12-09 07:50 AM
    Ok boooooooooo! Does anyone have the previous version. I'll be using my own code to activate it so could someone help me out. I didn't back it up on my pc.
    11-12-09 08:10 AM
    is it just me or can anyone type a SMS in landscape? i can only type in portrait which stinks. any fix to this?
    11-12-09 08:36 AM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would fix it... Verizon Screen of Death AGAIN! Was this not TESTED before it was sent out? This sucks!

edit: AND NOW THE SD CARD FIX IS NOT WORKING. PHONE IS SHOT!!!
    Last edited by blakkwidow; 11-12-09 at 08:52 AM.
    11-12-09 08:49 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD