How long does it take for your gmail to reach your phone? Mine is taking about 5 minutes. Other email account takes over 5 min. Just wondering if I had everything set up right.
    11-10-09 06:17 PM
    How long does it take for your gmail to reach your phone? Mine is taking about 5 minutes. Other email account takes over 5 min. Just wondering if I had everything set up right.
    Mine takes less than a minute.
    11-10-09 06:27 PM
    i just tested it and it was pretty instantaneous with gmail, less than a minute, and then my pop email followed about 30 sec later
    11-10-09 06:31 PM
    I wonder why mine is taking so long? You guys have any idea?
    11-10-09 06:52 PM
    i have my my gmail pull my other accounts so they are just as fast as gmail and its all in one box
    11-10-09 06:59 PM
    Your Gmail should be pushed to your phone almost immediately. I sent myself a file the other day, and I got it on my phone before the screen even refreshed on my computer.

Do you have all your sync options turned on?
    11-10-09 08:30 PM
    Approximately 11 seconds. Give or take a breath of counting.
    11-10-09 08:45 PM
    i have my my gmail pull my other accounts so they are just as fast as gmail and its all in one box
    I do the same thing, but you do realize that Gmail itself takes some time to pull the other accounts? So, if it pulls the account you're having checked once an hour, you may be waiting an hour for the e-mail? It's pushed once Gmail recognizes it, but that may be an hour...
    11-10-09 08:46 PM
    I do the same thing, but you do realize that Gmail itself takes some time to pull the other accounts? So, if it pulls the account you're having checked once an hour, you may be waiting an hour for the e-mail? It's pushed once Gmail recognizes it, but that may be an hour...
    That's right. If you have the option, it's better to have your other account FORWARD to Gmail. Then Gmail immediately pushes it to your phone. That's how I do it.
    11-10-09 08:56 PM
    Your Gmail should be pushed to your phone almost immediately. I sent myself a file the other day, and I got it on my phone before the screen even refreshed on my computer.

Do you have all your sync options turned on?
    How do I turn my sync options on?
    11-10-09 09:43 PM
    That's right. If you have the option, it's better to have your other account FORWARD to Gmail. Then Gmail immediately pushes it to your phone. That's how I do it.
    genius!!!

i thought i had it working good the way i had it, i just forwarded them to gmail instead of gmail pulling and it is much faster, pretty much instant. thank you
    11-10-09 10:41 PM
    When I first started using the phone, it took well over 30 minutes to receive any kind of email. I don't know how it got fixed..(if it ever needed fixing) I am getting my gmails almost instantaneously. eg. I pay bills online and they send me payment confirmation to my email. As soon as I hit pay and my phone receives the confirmation email. My other non-gmail accounts i have set it up to refresh every 15 min.
    11-11-09 08:55 AM
    How do I turn my sync options on?
    settings/accounts and sync
    11-11-09 09:26 AM
    I just tested and it took all of 10 seconds
    11-11-09 10:08 AM
    i just did a test i have the DROID my girl has a blackberry on BES and sent 1 email but put her and my email in the sent to and i had the email in about 9 seconds and her blackberry took about another 5 or 6 seconds.
    11-11-09 10:21 AM
    I got it fixed guys. 15 seconds. I'm happy. Thanks for all the help!
    11-11-09 10:29 AM
    About 10 seconds

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD