I currently have a VZW Plan with 2 Storms, 1 Samsung Omnia and a basic no frills phone on it. The plan is the Select 1400 so with that and 3 Data plans I'm paying about $260 a month with taxes and everything. I'm looking for a way to try and lower my bill here but there really doesn't seem to be an option for me. The 700 minute plan doesn't include friends and family so I don't think the minutes would be enough and when I called to discuss possibly removing one or two of the Data plans I was told that I have to have the plans.

I could actually pay the $560 in cancellation fees on 4 phones and switch to Sprint and save almost $100 a month! Now I know their network isn't what Verizon's is but I live in Chicago and coverage generally isn't an issue here. When I spoke to a rep at Verizon and explained my situation they basically told me I could keep paying my bill or I could pay the cancellation fees and there was nothing they could do to help me.

Any ideas?
    11-10-09 10:26 AM
    11-10-09 10:29 AM
    I say go to sprint and check out what kind of service/coverage they offer you and if it is good enough for you, then make the switch.
    11-10-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the input so far. I guess I'm more frustrated that Verizon either doesn't seem to care whether I stay or go or is just completely incapable of offering any sort of alternatives.

Keith
    11-10-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the input so far. I guess I'm more frustrated that Verizon either doesn't seem to care whether I stay or go or is just completely incapable of offering any sort of alternatives.

Keith
    I mean vzw really can't offer you anything else. They can just give you a discount for nothing. Have you checked with any of you/your wifes jobs to see if ya'll can get a discount through them?
    11-10-09 10:49 AM

Keith
    Yeah it seems like we used to bend over for people but not so much anymore. Check out Sprint. If you're serious about the etf's then I would go ahead and do it, after talking with Sprint about plan options/phones etc.
    11-10-09 10:49 AM
    They can not remove the data plans because they are required. Maybe switch out the phones. Use regular phones and save 90 right there. Maybe stop texting and go to Basic, save another 30. If not they can not help you, you're wanting all the same features for a lower cost........how does that work?
    11-10-09 10:50 AM
    They can not remove the data plans because they are required. Maybe switch out the phones. Use regular phones and save 90 right there. Maybe stop texting and go to Basic, save another 30. If not they can not help you, you're wanting all the same features for a lower cost........how does that work?
    I'm not really wanting the same features for less money... I'd be willing to switch out 2 of the 3 phones to phones that do not require data plans but that would require paying cancellation fees on those phones and then purchasing new phones anyway. It really wouldn't save me anything.
    11-10-09 10:59 AM
    There's eBay. You can get other phones there. Just check with VZW first, to make sure they are not lost or stolen. The carrier can't hold your hand through this you need to make these changes yourself. So saying they couldn't help you was obsurd.
    11-10-09 11:07 AM
    There's eBay. You can get other phones there. Just check with VZW first, to make sure they are not lost or stolen. The carrier can't hold your hand through this you need to make these changes yourself. So saying they couldn't help you was obsurd.
    Did you mean ABSURD? lol. Someone's obviously been brainwashed by VZW. He's not asking for anyone to hold his hand...just a little advice. Living in such a large city i would definitely switch carriers since Verizon refuses to help out their loyal customers. Unfortunately though, Verizon DOES have the best coverage and the Storm so i must stick with them.
    11-10-09 11:25 AM
    To if you buy dumbphones on craigslist, and supply them yourself, you do not need to pay an ETF to drop the data plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 12:12 PM
    Did you mean ABSURD? lol. Someone's obviously been brainwashed by VZW. He's not asking for anyone to hold his hand...just a little advice. Living in such a large city i would definitely switch carriers since Verizon refuses to help out their loyal customers. Unfortunately though, Verizon DOES have the best coverage and the Storm so i must stick with them.

Yes I did mean ABSURD, thank you. I am so glad the spelling police patrol Crackberry. How does loyalty have anything to do with VZW helping him? If he cannot afford the extras, he can do without it. VZW never requires anyone to live outside their means. And they are not required to assist him. They will help him pay what he owes with and arrangement , but they do not have to discount all his extras just because he says so.
    11-10-09 12:27 PM
    We offer what we can, but you DO know when buying any smartphone that you have to have a minimum 29.99/month data plan. We do not force you to buy a smartphone. Are any of your lines eligible for an upgrade? There's also craigslist and ebay, even though you don't get insurance or warranty that way.

11-10-09 01:28 PM
    As far as I was told you can change plans anytime without fees. If you want to drop the data plan you need to just get new dumb phones and take the data off.

11-10-09 02:27 PM
    As far as I was told you can change plans anytime without fees. If you want to drop the data plan you need to just get new dumb phones and take the data off.

Thats right...
    11-10-09 02:33 PM

Hmm.. that may work. Do you know if that works if I have an existing, unlocked dumb phone or if I would be required to purchase a new phone from them?
    11-10-09 04:54 PM
    as long as its a verizon branded phone, It will work
    11-10-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD