how are people living with this issue? its a pain in the **** considering i get alot of emails with links. help....gggggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    11-10-09 10:16 AM
    It's only an issue if the email is TEXT only. If it's HTML formatted, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm guessing you're probably either on BES and the admin hasn't turned on HTML support or whereever you get these emails from only sends them out in Plain Text format. Something has to change to make it work for you... either that or you'll need to wait for an OS to release that fixes this. RIM has been made aware of the issue.
    11-10-09 10:47 AM
    I use the forwardreply and edit software which is free. bberryapp.com, Forward, Reply and Edit Download
    11-10-09 10:48 AM
    there wont be patch you will have to wait until the next OS leak or VZW approval....good luck on both accounts. meanwhile there are several ways around it.
    11-10-09 10:56 AM
    Some of us aren't affected. I use gmail, hotmail, and the company email which (i guess) has html support. no issues.
    11-10-09 11:20 AM
    It's only an issue if the email is TEXT only. If it's HTML formatted, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm guessing you're probably either on BES and the admin hasn't turned on HTML support or whereever you get these emails from only sends them out in Plain Text format. Something has to change to make it work for you... either that or you'll need to wait for an OS to release that fixes this. RIM has been made aware of the issue.
    emails from crackberry come to my phone, but i cant click on them?
    11-10-09 01:18 PM
    I can't even open the links in text messaging, suck as an app from the crackberry store. I have to cut and paste. Getting a little frustrated here.
    11-10-09 04:18 PM
    hmm 327 doesnt have this problem lol
    11-10-09 04:20 PM
    emails from crackberry come to my phone, but i cant click on them?
    Same problem here. A real pain in the a$$...
    11-10-09 05:56 PM
    hmm 327 doesnt have this problem lol
    Really?

Is there any reason to use .328 over .327?

If .327 doesn't have this issue I will switch as long as nothing else gets broken....
    11-10-09 06:00 PM
    i take it back, i sent an app from mobihand this morning but it was thru email not SMS. I know the linked worked but i tested again just now and the SMS didnt work. My bad.
    11-10-09 06:27 PM
    It has been working for me on .327 so far. The keyboard also seems to not lag when changing to numbers of symbols like it did on .328

Memory also seems to be a bit more stable.

So far it .327 seems like an improvement over .328 after running it all day today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 07:55 PM
    I use the forwardreply and edit software which is free. bberryapp.com, Forward, Reply and Edit Download
    +1

works great (and adds a must have function to boot)
    11-11-09 07:59 PM
    I keep seeing this come up in many threads and just haven't hit the problem since I updated to .328. Even with the OS running for days without a battery pull. If I have a valid web link in an e-mail on any of my 4 mail accounts, charter.net, hotmail, rocketmail or vzw/rim any hotlinks are always launchable by just clicking the link on the screen.

Am I misunderstanding the problem?

Are you guys not able to click on a hotlink in the body of an e-mail and have it open the BB Browser?

I haven't had this problem with any e-mail I've received yet since I went to .328.
    11-12-09 06:27 AM
    320 on the storm2 does not have this problem.

11-12-09 06:39 AM
    I'm on 327. Links seem to work sometimes .........and then not others?!?
    It may sound crazy, but, sometimes if I open up an email that the links dont work......the next day I'll check the same email, and they will work?!?!
    Anyone else notice this?
    11-12-09 11:35 AM
    Okay, I've heard a lot of nonsense in reply to the original question. Anyone who does NOT KNOW about or is NOT having this issue with their BB, DON'T ANSWER! No one cares that it is working on your phone.

My Storm also periodically decides that links in emails are just text (even in HTML email). Enable HTML Email is turned on (have toggled this setting to no effect). If I go through machinations, such as a battery pull or resending service books or closing the browser, SOMETIMES I get links to work in my email again, but only for a little while.

After a couple of emails come through, the links stop working again. I know the links are supposed to work in the messaging application, but they don't always.

9530 Storm, running OS v5.0.0.328 on Verizon
    02-20-10 11:28 PM
    junk
    9530 Storm, running OS v5.0.0.328 on Verizon
    upgrade to 419, problem solved
    02-20-10 11:32 PM
    i guess you missed the part about being on Verizon.
    02-20-10 11:38 PM
    no i missed nothing....it doenst matter if you are on verizon. Do some reading man. You bumped a 3.5 month old thread for no reason at all. There is a plethera of info out there for updating you OS and such
    02-20-10 11:46 PM
    i guess you missed the part about being on Verizon.
    I guess you missed the part about 419 working on Verizon. What's interesting is that you don't want to hear from people who are not having your problem - while those are precisely the people who could tell you how and why. Good luck to you.

Last edited by jhimmel; 02-21-10 at 02:52 AM.
    02-21-10 02:47 AM
    Good lord, i think you need to show us threads proving .419 dont work. Cause i believe that is new information to about 99% of members here.
    02-21-10 11:10 AM
    He said the point about being on Verizon because he obviously wants to stay with official OSes.

thetattoo, if you are unwilling to upgrade, you have two options. You can call and complain to Verizon, or you can downgrade back to an OS where this worked.

It's a known issue on .328 and there is nothing you or anyone here can do about it (unless you are willing to upgrade to a different OS version that is not supported by your carrier). And if you come on here looking for help, then you should be a little more appreciative of the responses you get. Your thread could have been ignored and gone entirely unanswered and then you'd know less about the problem than you do now.
    02-21-10 12:01 PM
    VZW is testing for a new release. So you can wait a few months and should see a new release. Unless they don't release anything ...

02-21-10 12:32 PM
    I'd be amazed to see Verizon release anything new for Storm 1 since it is currently on their "end of life" list which means they will not order any more of them and consider this device a "clearance" item. The Curve 8330 also joins the list of red-headed step-children soon to be orphaned by the carrier.
    02-27-10 07:58 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD