I want an Essex or S2 but all I read is that RIM is a joke and the Browser is a joke and the Apps are terrible and the phone shuts down and needs constant battery resets and the Essex will only be a the same bad OS with a trackpad and the S2 is a the same junk as the S1.
    The 9700 is semi nice but is on two poor carriers - T-mobile and ATT.
    And if RIM does come up with a Webkit browser it'll be on the NEW BB's it won't just be an update download etc

Gotta be honest , Crackberry has turned me off what Iwanted and now I'm thinking the Droid which people are raving about .

This guy calls the Droid the BEST phone you can get.
    11-10-09 09:28 AM
    Just get a droid. BB isn't bad if you already have one but if you have a choice just get the google phone. It does everything the BB does but better. (except bbm).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 09:30 AM
    good luck with the droid

d
    11-10-09 09:30 AM
    Enough with the Droid nonsense. Post your crap elsewhere.

11-10-09 09:32 AM
    So get a Droid. Have you ever used a BlackBerry? You might at least demo a few models before making a decision though. CB is a place where people come to get help, advice, tips, tricks, etc. If it sounds like they're bashing, oftentimes they're just trying to figure out how to make a feature work.

But get the phone that does what you need it to do. That's what I do. If it's a BB, great, if something different, great. Whatever lets you do what you need.
    11-10-09 09:32 AM
    I think the most honest opinion of a phone you can get is from yourself. People need to stop relying on the words of others when it comes to an item that is geared towards your own personal use, and any reviews that you do need must be taken with a grain of salt.

As with any device, there are going to be problems. If you head on over to the Droid forums you will see that they are experiencing their share of issues as well. Your best bet is to go to the store, and just spend some time playing around with the phone, spend as long as you want, no store owner will bother you or tell you to stop. Just take as much time as you need, and when you can make an unbiased and uninfluenced decision, thats when you know you will be happy.

As far as the RIM issues that you are reading about, they just had their developers conference which boasted a bunch of new functionality coming our way in terms of graphics, browsing, and widgets. Also, I dont think it has been confirmed if the browser will be on new BB's or if it will be available as an update, so that shouldn't really effect your decision just yet.
    11-10-09 09:33 AM
    Just get a droid. BB isn't bad if you already have one but if you have a choice just get the google phone. It does everything the BB does but better. (except bbm).

neither droid nor iphone has push emails as blackberry... only if you use google or yahoo it's push mail... with blackberry is always push mails...

anywayy, this is just one of the best thing blackberry has, not the only one

d
    11-10-09 09:33 AM
    I think the most honest opinion of a phone you can get is from yourself. People need to stop relying on the words of others when it comes to an item that is geared towards your own personal use, and any reviews that you do need must be taken with a grain of salt.

As with any device, there are going to be problems. If you head on over to the Droid forums you will see that they are experiencing their share of issues as well. Your best bet is to go to the store, and just spend some time playing around with the phone, spend as long as you want, no store owner will bother you or tell you to stop. Just take as much time as you need, and when you can make an unbiased and uninfluenced decision, thats when you know you will be happy.

As far as the RIM issues that you are reading about, they just had their developers conference which boasted a bunch of new functionality coming our way in terms of graphics, browsing, and widgets. Also, I dont think it has been confirmed if the browser will be on new BB's or if it will be available as an update, so that shouldn't really effect your decision just yet.

i completely agree

d
    11-10-09 09:35 AM
    Also as a side note, dont go by what you see on forums as "problems". Remember that most people do not come and post "i like my berry/droid/etc because" and instead will post when they are having problems.
    11-10-09 09:35 AM
    Good Luck with the droid..

btw, all cell phones have problems..there is no 1 perfect phone. I wish there was. but that is in a perfect world. Coming from a person who has had plenty of phones from all carriers you have to deal with the good and the bad.

I for one love my bbs. Sure there are issues but at least with cb and the knowledgeable people here you are in good hands with troubleshooting your phone.

Good Luck!
    11-10-09 09:37 AM
    Also as a side note, dont go by what you see on forums as "problems". Remember that most people do not come and post "i like my berry/droid/etc because" and instead will post when they are having problems.

exactly....
    i guess the author of the post is a 11 year old... without offence, of course

d
    11-10-09 09:38 AM
    I want an Essex or S2 but all I read is that RIM is a joke and the Browser is a joke and the Apps are terrible and the phone shuts down and needs constant battery resets and the Essex will only be a the same bad OS with a trackpad and the S2 is a the same junk as the S1.
    And if RIM does come up with a Webkit browser it'll be on the NEW BB's it won't just be an update download etc

Gotta be honest , Crackberry has turned me off what Iwanted and now I'm thinking the Droid which people are raving about .

Well then you're only reading a small percentage of the posts! As well as the fact that people that ***** are more likely to post something negative than those who are happy and have nothing to say.

The S2 is a Great device and I'd highly recommend it!
    11-10-09 09:39 AM
    Want my Droid? I'm taking it back to Verizon tomorrow and gettin me an S2. As someone else already said, there isn't a perfect cell phone. S2 fits my needs better.
    11-10-09 09:43 AM

Let me start by saying i chose the storm 2, now if fedex could just get me my dang phone. Was suppose to be overnighted friday and arrived saturday and didn't so i figured it would come yesterday on monday and still didn't. So hoping it comes today.

Number 1 the opera mini 5 beta browser, is about as fast or in some cases from what i have heard faster then the droids browser. Yes the default BB browser sucks.

The apps arn't terrible. BB right now just has the least available in there app store. Now that they have announced better dev tools apps will increase exponentially. Remember previously to design the same app for BB as for iphone it's about 20-30% harder to get it running on the BB from what i had read about developing for it.

Give BB 3 months and lets see how close this storm 2 is to being a true iphone killer.
    11-10-09 09:44 AM
    I rarely post in threads like this because there are always loads of people bashing each others phones...and each other.

But I just have to chime in and say this is one of the most sensible comparison threads I've seen to date. Just sayin'. I <3 CB
    11-10-09 09:54 AM
    THE blackberry storm 2 is a better phone than the droid.
    11-10-09 09:55 AM
    I think the most honest opinion of a phone you can get is from yourself.
    End Thread.
    11-10-09 09:56 AM

It is funny to see what people say. As you pointed out some say the browser is crap, the apps are terrible, etc. So then how come, Blackberrys account for 19 percent of the Smart phone market followed by apple 13 % and google 2%. How come Blackberrys account for 44% of the corporate smart phone market and it is unrivaled in this area? Well, i am thinking that RIM has to be doing something well, could be it that bberrys just work.

I do see that the OS isn't the lastest flashiest thing or that "there isn't an app for that" on a blackberry but fundamentaly blackberrys are a corporate phone and people tend to forget that. At best, the storm is a cross bridge between a consumer phone and corporate phone, however i think it exposes consumers to the corporate philosophy RIM's niche is.

In my personal opinion i think that RIM should keep focusing on the corporate world and be the leader and the best at it, let other take over consumers which is a very saturated market and let the people decide. Blackberrys do everything an iphone or droid do well but they are not the best at it. I have yet to see anything that does email better than a blackberry.
    Last edited by dcgore; 11-10-09 at 09:59 AM.
    11-10-09 09:57 AM
    Let us make no mistake here, I'm an S1 user, and I'm very happy with my device, but there is no doubting that the Droid is a much more consumer friendly phone. The author heard that BBs suck, so I was just giving him advice on what to do. The BB is getting better, but at the current moment, unless you BBM or NEED push e-mail, the droid is the better choice.
    11-10-09 09:57 AM
    Just wondering why people don't just go androidcentral to post all of there droid talk this shyt is rediculous!
    11-10-09 10:02 AM
    Prior to the smart phone, all we worried about was battery life and coverage area on the simple candy bar/flip phones.

Now we have phones that want to be computers. With this comes some setbacks. All are not perfect. YOU have to decide which one works for you. Go out and test drive the phones you think you might like. See which one will work for your lifestyle. You're the one that has to be satisfied with your decision. I have a Bold and it works for me. It does what I need it to do. A battery pull doesn't kill me once and a while. I can also appreciate the entertainment value of the Iphone, but I'm not a touch screen person myself or I might look into the new storm.
    So, read the reviews, but make your own mind up with the different phones. Don't down one or pick another just because someone in a magazine or on this site said you should. The device they hate, might be the perfect one for your needs. Good Luck in your search!

11-10-09 10:02 AM
    As a new S2 owner I am very happy. I've had the phone since the 6th and thus far no hardware problems at all and only a few software glitches that I've been able to solve through these forums. I was also had no major problems with my Pearl, but, having come from a Palm background, I found a trackball too limiting.

BlackBerry's may not be for everyone, but I would suspect that if you are drawn to one, you will end up being happy with it. Take care.
    11-10-09 10:03 AM
    Let us make no mistake here, I'm an S1 user, and I'm very happy with my device, but there is no doubting that the Droid is a much more consumer friendly phone. The author heard that BBs suck, so I was just giving him advice on what to do. The BB is getting better, but at the current moment, unless you BBM or NEED push e-mail, the droid is the better choice.
    For you
    11-10-09 10:04 AM
    It is funny to see what people say. As you pointed out some say the browser is crap, the apps are terrible, etc. So then how come, Blackberrys account for 19 percent of the Smart phone market followed by apple 13 % and google 2%. How come Blackberrys account for 44% of the corporate smart phone market and it is unrivaled in this area? Well, i am thinking that RIM has to be doing something well, could be it that bberrys just work.
    Because they have been riding their past success but in case you didnt notice, over the past 2 years their marketshare is on a steady and pretty decent decline. Expect it to keep declining at an even more rapid pace.

To the OP, you really need the chance to spend a day with each. I know its not easy to do but really thats all you can do. Ive had a chance to use both, The Droid is superior to the Storm 2 in almost every way. Now Im not saying that BB's are bad or the Storm 2 is a bad device at all. I actually like the Storm 2 alot and my Tour was by far my favorite phone out, but unfortunately the browser was a real killer.
    11-10-09 10:06 AM
    Like pretty much everyone else is saying, don't rely so heavily on the words of others (sounds like an odd statement now that I look at it...lol). Anyway, take the time to try out a few different devices before you write BB off of your list. The first BB I had was old school back on Nextel (before Sprint). I've made quite a few leaps and bounds since then. Went through many WinMo phones, to the iPhone, then sold that to buy the Bold when it was released. Got tired of AT&T, jumped ship back to Verizon. Even tried a few Android phones in there also. But, LOVE my Tour, going to pick up a S2 also at some point in the near future. My point is, don't let everyone else decide for you. With every single device that I've had, there have been issuses (whether it be with the iPhone, WinMo or BB). Doesn't matter. Nothing is ever going to be perfect. Spend some time with a few different things and choose what works the best for YOU!
    11-10-09 10:14 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD