OK so I do not have many posts, but I am not new to the whole BB scene, and have been messing with mine for over a year now, and reading more than posting...

I was running 5.0.0.238 happily until 5.0.0.314 came out, and boy has it been a nightmare since upgrading. Upon first install, as soon as I switched on the radio, bang, the phone rebooted, and it continued regularly.

I tried all the fixes including booting without a sim card, formatting both device and external memory, allowing all on default permissions, not installing ANY apps, nothing worked

My last attempt 2 nights ago night was going to be my last before waiting long and hard for an official release, but I think I have finally cracked it, well for me it has worked anyway and below is what i did:

Phone Information:

Phone: Blackberry Bold 9000
    Supplied by: Carphone Warehouse UK
    Simlock: Factory Unlocked
    Branding: None
    Network: T-Mobile UK
    BB Service: BIS

Before doing this I was running 4.6.0.303 (Official T-Mobile UK) with the following installed:
    BBM 5
    Facebook
    Windows Live Messenger
    BT Sidekick
    Poynt
    Viigo
    Google Maps
    Nav4All
    QuickPull Lite
    Buzz Me Lite

Method:

*** This is a clean install, no data is being restored, backups are only taken as a precaution, any data loss from using this method is at your own responsibilty ***

1. Backup using Desktop Manager
    2. Backup data on Device and External Memory, Synchronise organiser data with Outlook or similar.
    3. Format External and Device Memory
    4. Erase phone using BBSAK 1.7
    5. Load OS 5.0.0.314 using BBSAK (AppLoader)

Await phone reboot. Once rebooted, disconnect USB cable and leave the phone for 2 minutes on the Welcome/Security Warning screen.

6. Perform 30 second battery pull
    7. Run setup wizard but DO NOT switch on radio
    8. Go to Options > Applications > BB Key > Edit Default Permissions and expand the three options being Connections, Interactions and User Data

Set as the following:
    Connections
    > USB - Allow
    > Bluetooth - Allow
    > Phone - Prompt
    > Location Data - Prompt
    > Server Network - Prompt
    > Internet - Prompt
    > Wi-Fi - Allow

Interactions
    > Cross Application Communication - Allow
    > Device Settings - Allow
    > Media - Allow
    > Application Management - Allow
    > Themes - Allow
    > Input Simulation - Deny
    > Browser Filtering - Deny
    > Recording - Prompt
    > Security Timer Reset - Deny
    > Display Information While Locked - Deny

User Data
    > Email - Allow
    > Organiser Data - Allow
    > Files - Allow
    > Security Data - Allow

These permissions are the default permissions from 4.6.0.303, and also 5.0.0.238, but I found a few were different in 5.0.0.314

9. Save and Close, return to home screen
    10. Perform 30 second battery pull
    11. Switch on radio via "Manage Connections"
    12. Restore service books via BIS
    13. Install apps from their specific websites (I don't like appworld, and do everything manually)
    14. Restore BBM contacts within BBM5
    15. Restore organiser data by synchronising with Outlook
    16. 30 second battery pull

I have now been up and running for 177120 seconds, or 49.2 hours without a reboot and loving it!

This certainly scratches my upgrade itch for the moment until another beta or the official is released, even more so, me just upgrading to the 9700!

Hope this may help

Cheers
    Amz
    11-10-09 09:20 AM
    I have gone a few days without reboots. Then all of a sudden I will get several. I'm betting sooner or later you will get more reboots. I AM READY FOR A NEW RELEASE!
    11-10-09 09:36 AM
    this is by far the longest it has run without a reboot for me! but you are 100% right, we are sooo due for another leak! wonder when it will hit, i am on here and twitter way to regularly now hoping for another leak!
    11-10-09 09:58 AM
    invest in bbosalert. trust me, its well worth the $2 or whatever it is. when there is a leak on any blackberry page, boom, you get buzzed!
    11-10-09 10:06 AM
    my celphone did a fast reboot while installing apps after doing this fix (memory card inserted it told me afterwards)

step 13
    11-10-09 06:26 PM
    sorry, you can do whatever long list of stuff that makes no sense all you want, 2g/egde is causing the reboots, disable edge and it WILL stop rebooting. i went 6 days without a reboot and then they started again, rapidly. disabled 2g and suggested it to others, and we've all stopped getting them, 100% have not had one reboot since disabling edge.
    11-10-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD