Has anyone been able to get their 8330 to tether to their Mac via USB?
    05-15-08 03:24 PM
    I am still trying to no avail
    05-21-08 05:57 PM
    Check out iMobiMac for tethering your Blackberry to a Mac via USB.
    06-01-08 11:36 AM
    No luck. I installed the desktop manager on my laptop, on which I do not use Outlook, simply to use the tether feature. BBDM did not install all the way, and I cannot seem to be able to unistall it. So when I log on, I have to go through a 3 minute routine clicking cancel and do not send over and over as the DM was usuccessfully trying to load. I hate it. Wish it would work.
    06-01-08 12:20 PM
    no luck here.. I am able to connect the 8330 to my mac via bluetooth and USB, but it says that it is not able to connect to the remote PPP server?
    06-01-08 11:12 PM
    I was able to tether using USB via VMware. Here is the link:

communities.vmware.com/thread/120047

Works great and was very easy.
    07-02-08 08:46 AM
    1. Added tethering your Verizon service plan for an additional $15/month.

2. Pair your phone with your Mac/MacBook via BlueTooth This worked on my MacBook Pro and Mac Pro workstation.

3. Add a new dial up modem in the networking preferences panel-
    Configuration: Default
    Telephone Number: #777
    Account name: 3015551212@vzw3.com (change the number to your verizon mobile #)
    Password: vzw

3a. Under advanced options:
    Vendor: Other
    Model: Verizon Support (PC 5220)
    Check Enable error correction and compression in modem

Dial Mode: Wait for dial tone before dialing
    Dial: Tone
    Sound: On
    The remaining tabs: DNS, WINS, Proxy, etc are all set to default settings no changes are necessary

4. Turn off your AirPort or disconnect your ethernet then press connect to dial up and enjoy near broad band surfing via Verizon -

If you're not on the EVDO network then your speeds will be more "dial up" classic like

Once connected, your phone should have a notice at the top of the screen "Modem Mode Enabled"

On a side note:
    I setup a friends modem without tethering on his plan and once the internet was connected and then attempted to load google.com. The web page that appeared was a verizon page that would allow the addition of tethering to the users account for $15 just by clicking the yes I agree, pretty cool!
    07-16-08 08:37 AM
    ok so its coming up with an error that i verizon cannot process the order. im on the tethering plan and i was on with BB tech support they did not know. any ideas? how did you get it to work?
    02-03-09 05:14 PM
    Hey, if you are having issues via USB which you should as mac and RIM don't play friendly. Try using Bluetooth tethering. Here is a post in which I have written in which helped others. Hopefully it can help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/blu...acbook-117871/
    02-04-09 08:13 AM
    I never was able to get it work so I gave up and bought an iPhone.
    02-04-09 08:21 AM
    I never was able to get it work so I gave up and bought an iPhone.
    lol, i understand...can you copy and paste yet? haha...just kidding. I had both the 2G and 3G phones, I loved them and also hated them because of horrible signal, no copy and paste, no mms messaging, no legitimate camera (software sucked at the time), and no legitimate video recorder (without hacking at the time). And yes...I have unlocked both the 2G and the 3G iphones.

I PWN Apple!
    02-04-09 08:24 AM
    I've been tethering ($15 per/mo. plan) through VZAccess Manager and it works well. Download the latest version from Verizon. Go to Options/Run Setup Assistant and follow the instructions...simple.
    02-04-09 08:56 AM
    i just downloaded the vzaccess manager from verizon's site and chose the motorola q cuz bberry doesn't have a software for osx (this was posted on other sites for tethering via bluetooth to mac). i installed it and then instead of trying to connect via bluetooth (which i tried and didn't carry out successfully - maybe didn't follow instructions well enough) - and then vz access asked for my cell no and it worked! i was in a wifi cafe so i had to turn off airport just to make sure and disconnect. so i reconnected via usb, opened vzaccess, clicked connect wwan or whatever it was and then on my phone the trusty sign that says 'modem mode enabled' showed up and i opened a new browser window and new url and it loaded. btw - when i turned off airport, i made sure that when i reloaded a page, it was disconnected from the internet..... i'm gonna go home and try it now - cuz my bb is my only internet at home i have to hang it in the window to get a signal it would be so sad if my mac couldn't get internet at home....what a waste....but i still have my pc that works fine just in case.....
    07-13-09 07:36 PM
    07-13-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD