OK - I tried to delete it - thinking that there's a new version. The Icon is gone, BUT - when I go into APPS - it says it's running (2.1.01).

How do I either actually run the program - or - find out if there is an upgrade - and install that.

I'm going to be a PITA - and I apologize - but I'm going a really long commute this week (which is why I needed it in the first place - so, if you can be as specific as possible here - that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!
    11-10-09 05:56 AM
    Reboot your tour (battery pull) sprint will send it to your phone automatically-click the icon and follow the instructions to download. Apps like sn which are included with the tour can be deleted, but the icon to download and install will always be pushed to your device regardless. If you can't find it, select "show all" as it may be hidden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 06:39 AM
    I tried - I also tried resending the Service books. It's still showing up in the apps - but no icon. .
    11-10-09 08:51 AM
    Ugh, that happened to me with BBM 5.0... while there may be a better solution what I did was uninstall it from the Applications list on the BlackBerry and then reinstall it OTA. You should be able to find Sprint Nav in the Sprint store...

EDIT: Apparently if you uninstall, do a battery pull and start up again the icon will appear for you to reinstall the app. Not sure if doing a battery pull without uninstalling first will bring the icon back. Doesn't hurt to try the latter before trying the former. Let us know how that turns out.
    Last edited by dimm0k; 11-10-09 at 10:28 AM.
    11-10-09 09:29 AM
    OK - I tried to delete it - thinking that there's a new version. The Icon is gone, BUT - when I go into APPS - it says it's running (2.1.01).

How do I either actually run the program - or - find out if there is an upgrade - and install that.

I'm going to be a PITA - and I apologize - but I'm going a really long commute this week (which is why I needed it in the first place - so, if you can be as specific as possible here - that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!
    I may be wrong, but the newer version (2.8) is not compatible with the Tour. The Tour version is still 2.1 which will not run on 5.0 (from what I can tell).
    11-10-09 11:11 AM
    Update - No Icon - Resending the Service Books, and hard reset don't do it. It's still on the app list. When I try to delet it from the app list - the phone locks up.
    11-10-09 02:24 PM
    If it's still on your app list after a reset, have checked to make sure that it isn't just hidden or in the downloads folder?
    11-10-09 02:31 PM
    Where can I find "Hidden"?

TIA!
    11-10-09 03:32 PM
    Where can I find "Hidden"?

TIA!
    From your Tour's desktop, press the applications button and check "Show All". Any hidden apps and folders will appear as translucent. You can then move the cursor to any hidden app or folder and select "Unhide" from the menu.
    11-10-09 03:58 PM
    Thanks - I need to try later - I don't see it - anywhere. . .
    11-10-09 04:07 PM
    Well - I tried again - can't find the icon - and can't delete it from the apps. I call Sprint - Sprint connects me with R.I.M who wants to charge per incident.

Sounds like a trip to the Sprint Store tomorrow - or Best Buy!
    11-10-09 07:07 PM
    When you go into Options>Applications, Sprint Navigation is listed?

If yes, and you cannot find the icon, then it is hidden. Go to your home screen, press the bb key, and select 'show all'. Then check ALL of your folders, including the home screen.

If its still not there, simple re-download the software OTA from here:
    Terms and Conditions - User Agreement

However, I would suggest using the regular Telenav software on the Sprint Tour. It can be found here:
    http://ota.sn.com/ota/sn
    In order to launch this program for the very first time, you need to have sprint nav installed first. Login to sprint nav, enter your credentials, and then exit. Next, login to telenav, enter your credentials, then exit. You can now uninstall Sprint Nav for good. HOWEVER! On 5.0, you MUST first launch Google Maps(the newest version) and first get a GPS lock in google maps, before being able to launch telenav or sn for that matter. This is ONLY on the SPRINT tour with os 5.0.

Once installed, do a battery pull.

Well - I tried again - can't find the icon - and can't delete it from the apps. I call Sprint - Sprint connects me with R.I.M who wants to charge per incident.

Sounds like a trip to the Sprint Store tomorrow - or Best Buy!
    Last edited by mconk; 11-10-09 at 07:38 PM.
    11-10-09 07:16 PM
    what's the link to download?

Thanks!
    11-10-09 07:22 PM
    You didn't give me a chance to find it first! I edited the post above...

what's the link to download?

Thanks!
    11-10-09 07:24 PM
    Update - Heading to work now - every time I tried to DL Sprint Nav with the link - it frooze like at around 10%. DL'ed Telenav from App Center - but don't have a PIN. Using Garmin in the mean time. What I discovered - I really want Sprint Nav Back. . . .
    11-11-09 06:04 AM
    See if it's listed on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and remove it from there...
    11-11-09 11:09 AM
    OK - got Telenav installed - Since it's the same as Sprint Nav - can I continue to use it - at no added cost?
    11-11-09 11:30 AM
    OK - got Telenav installed - Since it's the same as Sprint Nav - can I continue to use it - at no added cost?
    Yes. The Sprint Navigation is just a re-skinned version of the Telenav app.
    11-11-09 11:35 AM
    You established a PIN the very first time you setup Sprint Nav...

Update - Heading to work now - every time I tried to DL Sprint Nav with the link - it frooze like at around 10%. DL'ed Telenav from App Center - but don't have a PIN. Using Garmin in the mean time. What I discovered - I really want Sprint Nav Back. . . .
    11-11-09 12:37 PM
    Guys - THANKS!!! Even "dumber than dirt" can follow your directions - it worked. LOL

Thanks again!
    11-11-09 07:34 PM
    Is it just me or is the regular telenav faster than the sprint version?

11-11-09 07:53 PM
    I did the same thing and forwarded a tech support request with sprint overnight, next day phone rebooted out of nowhere (thank goodness I was already awake since it happened about 10 monutes prior to my alarm). And when it turned on I had the default install link.

11-11-09 09:11 PM
    It is-its a newer version with added feature like day and night maps and some other small things...the voice is much more crisp and clear on the tour also

Is it just me or is the regular telenav faster than the sprint version?

11-11-09 10:03 PM
    OK guys - update - I was using Telenav (Demo) and it was working fine - then - it said that I needed to pay for it.

Still no luck deleting Sprint Nav from the Apps Menu - or any way to find the icon - or a way to download.

I am really feeling STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID!
    12-03-09 03:47 PM
    How about you hook the phone into DM and remove it from there?

Also. if you call Sprint and have them send you a text to download it, it will ask if you want to uninstall the old version....that's exactly what I did and it worked slicker than you know what
    12-03-09 07:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD