I just switched over from T-Mobile (Curve 8900) to Verizon (Tour) and on my curve whenever I was texting, if my text was super long and wouldnt fit into just one text it would send my message in parts. Now on my tour, it just lets me send a text within a certain number of characters and I'm forced to send it without typing anymore. Is there any way for me to do what I had on my curve 8900 on my tour?
    11-10-09 02:20 AM
    For some reason VZW doesn't want us to type more than 160 characters in each sms... I wish I knew why. Anyhow there are a few apps available that will allow you to type more than 160. You can try this one Beyond160 or search the crackberry app store for other apps.

Yeah it does suck that we have to pay for this... maybe one day big red will help us here.
    11-10-09 04:42 AM
    If you send a MMS there is no limit
    11-10-09 04:58 AM
    For some reason VZW doesn't want us to type more than 160 characters in each sms... I wish I knew why.
    The reason you are limited to 160 characters is not due to Verizon. CDMA carriers are limited to 160 due to the amount of bits that can fit in the data stream from the mobile unit to the cell tower and back to the mobile switching office. 160 was the maximum that could be fit in while still leaving room for all of the necessary information that is used for power control of the mobile, cell site hand off information, etc. As for the programs that allow more than 160 characters, they just break up the message into multiple 160 limit messages.
    11-10-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD