With the rather unexpected release of Theme Studio 5.0 (which ROCKS), I updated my Sense theme to take advantage of the new features offered. When 5.0 becomes official, I'll do another version with animations (since at the moment I can't really test them).

Surprisingly, there is a SIGNIFICANT performance increase between this theme and my last one. I honestly don't know what RIM did, but somehow they optimized the code and my Tour is positively on fire.

Anyway, here's a few screenshots and a feature list.

FEATURES!
    - Four fixed icons + Weather slot (I recommend WeatherBug)
    - Ten icon scrolling hidden dock
    - Ten item Today area accessable from Messages, Calendar, and the first dock slot.
    - Lots of Theme Builder 5.0 goodness, including Animations!

Desktop

OTA

Please leave comments and bugs! Thanks!
    Last edited by monkeybiz; 11-11-09 at 09:00 PM.
    11-09-09 10:39 PM
    Damn this theme is FAST!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 11:06 PM
    With the rather unexpected release of Theme Studio 5.0 (which ROCKS), I updated my Sense theme to take advantage of the new features offered. When 5.0 becomes official, I'll do another version with animations (since at the moment I can't really test them).

Surprisingly, there is a SIGNIFICANT performance increase between this theme and my last one. I honestly don't know what RIM did, but somehow they optimized the code and my Tour is positively on fire.

Anyway, here's a few screenshots and a feature list.

FEATURES!
    - Four fixed icons + Weather slot (I recommend WeatherBug)
    - Ten icon scrolling hidden dock
    - Ten item today area accessable from Messages, Calendar, and the first dock slot.
    - Lots of Theme Builder 5.0 goodness!

Desktop

OTA

Please leave comments and bugs! Thanks!

Can you make this with customizable top 4 menu icons??? or just keep reg 6 icons at the bottom...i love the clock box thats perfect theme simple but can u lessen the icons???

11-10-09 12:01 AM
    WOW. that theme is extremely smooth! i just finished downloading the new Theme builder, can't wait to try it out! keep up the good work
    11-10-09 12:55 AM
    WOW dude true that. wicked, wicked fast. everyone should be recompiling themes in theme studio!!! I second the suggestion for custom top docks. GREAT theme. Also, there are two shortcuts i can't live without: from homescreen, Spacebar launches browser and alt+* launches the clock. any way you could implement these? Thanks!
    Last edited by tdrus1; 11-10-09 at 01:06 AM.
    11-10-09 12:59 AM
    Very nice!

11-10-09 01:00 AM
    Love the theme. been playing with it for the last 15minutes or so.
    Its fast and looks fantastic.

One thing though, for example, on the screen/keyboard options menu, the set font is too big for the setting, so it's always like "BBGlobal..." or just "..." for the Backlight Brightness.
    Was hoping you could fix that. Minor but would be super appreciated.
    11-10-09 01:29 AM
    This looks really awersome! Can't wait to get some new themes for the 8900. =D

11-10-09 02:58 AM
    Hey Monkey biz,
    Thank you for the great theme and the time you put into it.
    Is there anyway way you can minimize the font for the options and setting. they appear as "__". Also in the phone screen, the phone log, the number seem too big. Can you minimize that as well. Just a constructive observation, to help you make this theme better than what it already is. This has a lot of potential. Again, thanks for the time you put into this.

11-10-09 07:11 AM
    First thing I noticed was the speed. I did not even read the thread. Looked at pics, liked the way it looked. Gave it a go and had to come back and comment on how fast it is.

Good Job!!!!! Curious, any chance of a space bar launch of QL from Home screen?

ONE BUG I NOTICED: When I put my custom wallpaper up it is only changed in the homes screen. App screen stays default.
    Last edited by Dr.Boost; 11-10-09 at 08:14 AM.
    11-10-09 08:10 AM
    Awesome theme. Only problem I noticed is the WB icon text and the date overlap each other.
    11-10-09 09:12 AM
    Nice theme. And I agree, this thing is fast! Unbelievable...

Now if all the other theme builders will recompile their code, wow
    11-10-09 09:51 AM
    You can change the WB Icon to show temp only and it will not overlap. I'm using Berryweather...............
    11-10-09 10:09 AM
    Great theme, I did notice that all the buttons and button fonts seem much larger than the "default" 5.0 OS. Can you change them to be normal? Everything now is much larger and is parsing the words. Other than that, terrific theme!
    11-10-09 10:18 AM
    Great theme, I did notice that all the buttons and button fonts seem much larger than the "default" 5.0 OS. Can you change them to be normal? Everything now is much larger and is parsing the words. Other than that, terrific theme!
    I have been seeing this on allot of recently created themes. They say it's default from the program. But it has changed....

Looking forward to some more
    11-10-09 10:42 AM
    I have to agree with everyone that this theme is super fast. Love it! I also noticed the sms icon is diff from the previous 5.0 one. So excited for more themes to come out with this new theme studio! thanks again!
    11-10-09 10:58 AM
    Is it possible that this would work on an 8900 like some of the other Tour themes?
    11-10-09 11:12 AM
    I have been seeing this on allot of recently created themes. They say it's default from the program. But it has changed....

Looking forward to some more
    Yeah I've seen that as well. I have been using Hypaereon Sliq, and all the fonts seem the "normal" for the OS. These two are easily my two fav themes. I would use this one a whole lot more, if the buttons/font issue can be corrected. Dunno why that happens.
    11-10-09 11:28 AM
    Can you make this with customizable top 4 menu icons??? or just keep reg 6 icons at the bottom...i love the clock box thats perfect theme simple but can u lessen the icons???

As I've stated before, I can't make the top four icons customizable due to the fact that when you shrink them like that, the notification icon gets disabled, and I can't fit a pair of icons on either side. So, they stay.

First thing I noticed was the speed. I did not even read the thread. Looked at pics, liked the way it looked. Gave it a go and had to come back and comment on how fast it is.

Good Job!!!!! Curious, any chance of a space bar launch of QL from Home screen?

ONE BUG I NOTICED: When I put my custom wallpaper up it is only changed in the homes screen. App screen stays default.
    If someone can point me in the direction of how to add keyboard shortcuts on the homescreen, I'll probably implement them.

That's not a bug. Well, it is a bug, but it's intentional.

Awesome theme. Only problem I noticed is the WB icon text and the date overlap each other.
    Turn off hi's and lo's.

Can't help you there. Might be a 5.0 thing. Everything appears normal on my Tour running 4.7.1.61
    11-10-09 02:44 PM
    really liking this theme.

one suggestion, can you make it so that when an icon is highlighted it shows the name of that icon like on the stock zen theme?
    11-10-09 05:15 PM
    Surely you're aware by now that the date doesn't fit in the spot where you've placed it. Could you abbreviate the day/month? Or maybe move it? Actually, I would like to see that icon in the time banner eliminated. It makes the whole theme look a bit lopsided. But, I put QL in that spot, so I rarely have to leave the top dock.
    11-11-09 05:36 PM
    really liking this theme.

one suggestion, can you make it so that when an icon is highlighted it shows the name of that icon like on the stock zen theme?
    The ten-item Today area would overlay it no matter where I put it.

Surely you're aware by now that the date doesn't fit in the spot where you've placed it. Could you abbreviate the day/month? Or maybe move it? Actually, I would like to see that icon in the time banner eliminated. It makes the whole theme look a bit lopsided. But, I put QL in that spot, so I rarely have to leave the top dock.
    The date seems to fit fine as far as I can tell. There's no way to shorten the date format that I'm aware of.

The icon is meant for a weather application. If you choose to use it for something else, that's fine. That being said, my goal was to create something that is, above all other concerns, highly functional while maintaining that distinctive BlackBerry style.

I'll be uploading a new version in a bit. I recommend anyone that's downloaded it download the new version. Thanks.
    11-11-09 07:43 PM
    I don't think I was clear; I didn't mean it doesn't fit in the box. It overlaps the text under that icon in the box when the day and month are both long and take up more real estate like "wednesday November 11". It didn't matter whether I had weather app or QL in that spot. It overlaps. I know that spot is meant for weather app, but I had an epiphany several months ago. I realized that instantaneous knowledge of the current weather condition is more easily ascertained by merely looking out the window. And I have much longer battery life without the weather app running in the background.

11-11-09 08:03 PM
    I don't think I was clear; I didn't mean it doesn't fit in the box. It overlaps the text under that icon in the box when the day and month are both long and take up more real estate like "wednesday November 11". It didn't matter whether I had weather app or QL in that spot. It overlaps. I know that spot is meant for weather app, but I had an epiphany several months ago. I realized that instantaneous knowledge of the current weather condition is more easily ascertained by merely looking out the window. And I have much longer battery life without the weather app running in the background.

P.S. I hope it doesn't seem like I was bashing your hard work or the theme. I really do like the theme. After reading the other posts, it seems everyone has a tiny thing they zero in on to "nitpick". Keep up the good work, and I'll be trying the new version as soon as you put it up.

11-11-09 08:10 PM
    I agree with what the above poster said, I appreciate the effort in making a free theme. How about a version without weather? I'm sure a lot of people would like that.

11-11-09 08:31 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD