It's in the manufacturer's box, still sealed. It has all of the accessories inside. My replacement phone has the 8GB SD card and SIM card. I'm surprised since the reason I'm replacing my phone is a cracked screen as opposed to a lost/stolen phone.

Three questions:

01) Is this normal, or did I just get really lucky?
    02) Should I keep the extra 8GB SD card?
    03) Should I keep the extra SIM card? (Would an extra do anything for me?)

I already know to keep the extra battery and accessories (USB cable, electric port adapters, etc) as you're instructed to by Asurion to JUST send back the phone itself - no battery, no accessories. I'm just curious about the SD and SIM.
    11-09-09 06:59 PM
    I got the same was urs made in hungary? With wrong os?
    11-10-09 09:35 AM
    I got the same was urs made in hungary? With wrong os?
    Mine was shipped to me with OS 4.7.0.148 on it. I immediately upgraded it to 5.0.0.328, of course.

How do I tell where mine was made? If it's under the battery, it'll be a while before I answer. I'm protecting it with an Otterbox Defender case and disassembling it is a bit of a chore. Haha. This is a good thing.
    11-10-09 09:37 AM
    i called back when i got a replacement....they told me to keep everthing except the phone so i kept SD card, battery, battery cover, everything never got billed for it or anything
    11-10-09 09:59 AM
    It's in the manufacturer's box, still sealed. It has all of the accessories inside. My replacement phone has the 8GB SD card and SIM card. I'm surprised since the reason I'm replacing my phone is a cracked screen as opposed to a lost/stolen phone.

Three questions:

01) Is this normal, or did I just get really lucky?
    02) Should I keep the extra 8GB SD card?
    03) Should I keep the extra SIM card? (Would an extra do anything for me?)

I already know to keep the extra battery and accessories (USB cable, electric port adapters, etc) as you're instructed to by Asurion to JUST send back the phone itself - no battery, no accessories. I'm just curious about the SD and SIM.

keep haha... they only care about the phone itself..
    11-10-09 10:14 AM
    I'd call and confirm from them too...but that's just me wanting to cover myself and have a record of them saying what they want and don't want.
    11-10-09 07:40 PM
    I got my replacement in a new retail box with new everything also. I kept my sd card and battery as well.
    11-10-09 08:29 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but it's close to my question.

Just received a replacement Storm 2 for my daughter. This is the second claim for her through Asurion in the last six months. The first time, I received a phone, battery, charger and back. This time they also included a SIM and 16gb mirco SD card. I know to only send back the phone, but what good will a spare SIM be? Do I need to send the old one back?

Also, will they cancel her insurance?

Thanks.
    01-21-11 04:54 PM
    They only want the phone back if your on Verizon the Sim is worthless unless you plan on taking overseas. They told me not to send any accessories back. (battery, Sim, chargers, or sd card). You only get two claims through asurion as well per contract per year. Your refurbished phone is also no longer insured but under asurions one year warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 08:03 PM
    You only get two claims through asurion as well per contract per year. Your refurbished phone is also no longer insured but under asurions one year warranty.
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

Will the other three Storm 2's that our family has lose their insurance also?
    Last edited by RolanddArgentan; 01-21-11 at 10:34 PM.
    01-21-11 10:22 PM
    Its two claims per line w insurance within 12 months. So other phones if insured should not be affected by daughters line.

01-21-11 10:29 PM
    Also when I activated my replacement storm they said the refurbished one would no longer be insured yet they didn't drop the 7.99 from bill so you may wanna check that out as well w your carrier.

01-21-11 10:49 PM
    Thank you. I ended up on the line with a Vzn Csr to activate the new phone and verified that Asurion would not continue to cover the new phone and that they would suspend billing insurance on that line, and that the others would continue to be covered. She was very helpful and even pushed out a new prl to improve reception on our phones.
    01-22-11 02:02 PM
    I'd actually like to know why they stop your insurance on a "certified like new" phone. I have five months left w my phone and I'm sol if it gets lost stolen or damaged. In any case glad you got squared away.

01-22-11 05:12 PM
    my friend recently lost her blackberry storm 1 ... is asurion gonna send back a storm 1 or storm 2?
    01-23-11 07:35 PM
    I had a water incident w my storm just two months ago and I got another storm 1 in return. Used it for two days and the camera started rebooting it. Sent it back and am typing this w a storm 1 now. I have heard of it happening on this site but don't lend much credence to it as they have plenty of refurbished phones.

01-23-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD