I'm sorry if someone has already brought this up, but what am I missing? I connect the droid with my usb cable and my pc can't see the device. It's listed as "removable disk" but when I click it says "please insert a disk into removable disk". Is it possible to transfer my pics and video to my hard drive from my droid? Also, are pictures and video saved to my SD card by default? Can't find an option to change this.

Thanks in advance!
    11-09-09 03:19 PM
    When it's plugged in, you will get a notification on your droid that a USB cord has been attached. Drag down the top notification window, and click the USB message. It'll ask if you want to mount it. Mount it.

I'm not sure how to make it auto-mount, but it'd be mighty handy.
    11-09-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. That worked like a charm. Anyone know if they are saved to the SD card by default? Can that be changed?
    11-09-09 03:29 PM
    yeah, pictures save to the SDcard by default I'm pretty sure. If I remember right, it made a "DCIM" folder. /sdcard/DCIM/Camera is where they'll be stored.

If not to the SD card, where would you want them stored?
    11-09-09 03:58 PM
    I'm curious as to know how do I make particular "folders", and possibly "hide" a folder.... :P
    11-09-09 05:14 PM
    Can't hide a folder on the Droid. However there is an app for that.. lol

Search Photo safe in the market place. Do the trial first and see if it will work for you. But you can set pictures to not show up in the gallery, and need a password to view them through the Photo safe app...
    11-09-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD