Does anyone know when the tour will get the official 5.0? I can't even find an estimate anywhere. I wish they would hurry up.
    11-09-09 01:46 PM
    blah blah blah, use the search button, blah blah blah, noone knows, blah blah blah, does it really matter and how different can the official 5.0 possibly be?
    11-09-09 01:55 PM
    Wow, you just summed up three pages of spam this thread would have otherwise gathered! Bravo Lucas!

- Andy
    11-09-09 01:58 PM
    I'm so sick of these threads. "Whens 5.0 comming out?" "When are we going to get another leak?" Bleh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 02:00 PM
    blah blah blah, use the search button, blah blah blah, noone knows, blah blah blah, does it really matter and how different can the official 5.0 possibly be?
    Personally I would like to see the problems with starting a new SMS thread fixed, among other things.
    My guess is it will be out sometime between tomorrow and 3 days before the Essex drops.
    11-09-09 02:04 PM
    I love all the a$$holes on here...
    11-09-09 02:08 PM
    While some of the reactions to ANOTHER "when's 5.0 coming?" thread is probably not warranted, it is irritating to log on to the forums everyday to find a new person asking when an OFFICIAL 5.0 is going to come out... IMO, if you people that are asking want 5.0 that badly, jump off the cliff and install .230. Heck, go ahead and install a hybrid if you're feeling so inclined.

I've been running 5.0 leaks with an associated hybrid for months and as far as I'm concerned 4.7 doesn't exist anymore. It's probably because of this that I'm in no particular rush for 5.0 to be released and not posting everyday "when does official 5.0 get released?!"
    11-09-09 02:15 PM
    Im curious too about 5.0 for Tour, and if you dont have an intelligent response maybe you should STFU.....Theres no need to be a ****.
    11-09-09 02:17 PM
    If your curious, use that liiiiittle button up there that says "Search" on it, itll give you all the information youll want and then some.
    11-09-09 02:21 PM
    The point is more that there's an entire section dedicated to OS and OS leaks...
    11-09-09 02:24 PM
    search function. common sense. that is all.
    11-09-09 02:24 PM
    whatever........
    11-09-09 02:28 PM
    whatever........
    That's just it....starting another thread doesn't mean that new info is going to magically appear. If the info is out there, it will be on the forums. Its not like someone is holding out on us and just waiting for the right number of people to start a new thread about it.

I want a new 5.0 as much as the next person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 02:34 PM
    I love you guys
    11-09-09 02:39 PM
    whatever........
    If you're interested in installing a 5.0 leak, there are plenty of people here that would be happy to help. If you want to try out a hybrid, there's hundreds of resources to learn how, people can point you in this direction. If you're asking for something, in this case information, that no one else has, you're out of luck.

Sorry, but don't be shocked when those people that are being asked over and over again get irritated that no, in fact, they do not have that information that you, or anybody else, keeps asking for. Just like the parent who keeps getting asked "Are we there yet?".....

No, we are *still* not there yet. If we were, you'd find out just as soon as I would.
    11-09-09 02:44 PM
    Just an observation... this entire thread consists of negative comments directed at resmit09 for asking a question already answered elsewhere. Had none of the above replied after reading the original comment, the thread would have died, and no one would have gotten hot and bothered. Gratuitous attacks on resmit09's exercise of his free speech rights is so unworthy of this site. Read and ignore is better than read and berate. Everyone was a newbie at one time. Self control crack heads!
    11-09-09 02:50 PM
    i think its funny that everyone on here is being a **** about me asking a simple question. i couldnt find any good information so i thought i would try here. everyone acts like they are so irritated about me asking a simple question, but in reality you all cant be that irritated because you took the time to read the thread, see everyone already saying that im stupid, and then repeat. you probably love when someone like me asks a simple question, because then you get a chance to be an a$$hole and say something rude. if you dont have anything constructive to say, why waste your energy
    Last edited by resmit09; 11-09-09 at 06:20 PM. Reason: i dont know why it starred out j e r k
    11-09-09 06:20 PM
    resmit09,
    Yes your question is a simple question, however, a simple search that would have taken about the same time it took you to type the original post would have revealed many similar threads on the exact same topic. I don't feel it was right for them to attack you like they did, but your question could have been avoided all together if you would have spent a little time searching around before you made the post.

On the topic of 5.0, if you don't want to wait, then upgrade to the leaked version. I upgraded to the same one the willyboy6 has yesterday and have been pleased with it. If you follow the instructions on the crackberry 101 lecture series it is very easy to do, I did it with virtually no knowledge whatsoever about blackberries or OS upgrades.

PM me if you would like the links
    11-09-09 08:17 PM
    baseball_geek,

i cant PM anyone because i havnt posted enough yet, but if you could send me the links that would be awesome.
    11-10-09 02:52 PM
    first link,
    this is for the instructions
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

here is the one for the download of the actual OS
    BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.8 (5.0.0.230 Based)

Follow those instructions exactly and you should be alright. Let me know if you need help.
    Last edited by baseball_geek; 11-10-09 at 03:08 PM.
    11-10-09 03:05 PM
    if you haven't downloaded it already make sure to get the newer 7.9 hybrid!
    11-11-09 11:33 AM
    resmit09 I feel your pain I got the same BS when I tried to download a new OS a few months back. All people seemed to say was hit the search button. And god forbid someone give me an answer to the freakin question I had in the first place. But anyways you want a discussion here's one. Whenever it becomes official the battry life problem needs to be fixed. I find my self using my car charger between class and work at least 3 times a day. (and I close my apps out when I'm done). And the SMS has some bugs, idk about the rest of the users. As far as the official version goes just wait and see. Go ahead and get the unofficial version mess around with it and see what you think and go from there.
    11-12-09 09:09 AM
    first link,
    this is for the instructions
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

here is the one for the download of the actual OS
    BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.8 (5.0.0.230 Based)

Follow those instructions exactly and you should be alright. Let me know if you need help.
    What exactly is this? If it's still based on the .230 is it still that .230 OS or what?
    11-12-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD