Never seen this before on my bill until last night. I have unlimited data and text mesaging. I'm fed up with their mysterious charges. I only use my phone for texting and surfing crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 12:23 PM
    Just spoke with an ATT rep. The GPRS is for the roaming of my phone in Canada. That's funny cuz I have never gone that far up north in my entire life. She was arguing with me that it wouldn't be possible unless my phone is near the border. For god sake the charge was for $1.63 and she argues with me over that. I don't care about the $1.63 I'm more concerned about the mysterious roaming. Will keep an eye on that if that happens again. Freaking bizaare

11-09-09 12:46 PM
    In manage connections go to mobile network options. Click the trackball. Change data services to off when roaming.

11-09-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks but I have not gone out of atlanta/florida in months. Why should that matter?

11-09-09 12:54 PM
    Thanks but I have not gone out of atlanta/florida in months. Why should that matter?

I can't see where you're from on the mobile forums. It is bizarre that somehow you got international roaming charges in Canada. That makes no sense at all! What I mentioned would disable any roaming though.

11-09-09 12:57 PM
    Hey at least it was only 1.63. I know someone who was on a cruise in a US port and got charged $150 ish because aparently the cell tower thought she was in another country still
    11-09-09 01:40 PM
    But yeah that still sucks on principal..you think they'd rather keep the better customer happy for that TINY amount of money
    11-09-09 01:43 PM
    Hey at least it was only 1.63. I know someone who was on a cruise in a US port and got charged $150 ish because aparently the cell tower thought she was in another country still
    In that instance roaming could be possible. It sounds like a clear mistake that somebody in GA & FL would get roaming charges in Canada.

11-09-09 01:49 PM
    In that instance roaming could be possible. It sounds like a clear mistake that somebody in GA & FL would get roaming charges in Canada.

Yeah i believe she said she got charged to one of the islands when she was back in Miami port.
    11-09-09 01:52 PM
    Well, let's just hope it doesn't happen again or I will be very pissed! Atlanta is no where near Canada if you just look at the map.
    11-09-09 05:50 PM
    It is 1.63, but I'd raise heck with em too. I'm in michigan, but >2 hours from Canada. I can't image getting roaming from here, much less from Georgia. I would make sure I waste enough of their time to make up for it just on principle.

11-09-09 06:02 PM
    It is 1.63, but I'd raise heck with em too. I'm in michigan, but >2 hours from Canada. I can't image getting roaming from here, much less from Georgia. I would make sure I waste enough of their time to make up for it just on principle.

hahah...I love it when she played dumb with me and tried to lay the blame on me like it was my fault.
    Her: 'sorry sir but the system shows that you were in Canada'.
    Me: 'why don't you check my phone record from the day I signed up with ATT like 5 years ago and until now and tell me if I have ever made a call in Canada or even to Canada.'
    Her: 'I'd have to see if I can waive the charge;
    Me: 'Are you kidding me? $1.63? I don't give a rat *** about the charge. I'm more concern about your crappy system gonna charge me indiscriminantly in the future'
    Her: 'But you must be near the border between Canada and the U.S'
    Me: 'Maybe I should take this up with the FCC since you guys are messing around with my phone. Maybe you were wiretapping my conversation.'
    Her: ????
    Me: Ok just take care of my charges and put a note in my file so if this happens again you guys know what I'm talking about.
    11-09-09 09:08 PM
    Many cruise ships have their own cell towers on them, and they make a fortune with roaming charges.
    11-09-09 10:21 PM
    1.63 !!! you can ******* get a mc chicken sandwich with that at mcdonalds and still have change to spare!! LOL **** yeah id raise ****, I want my chicken!
    11-09-09 11:58 PM
    I'm sure she made a note of it, and if it happens again the future rep will see this note </sarcasm off>
    11-15-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD