PC World has posted it's 4th quarter top 10 cell phone review in which the Blackberry Storm2 9550 is no where on the list. RIM however does have two blackberry's that made this category The Bold 9700 and the Tour 9630 but no Storm2 9550. Sad that the Palm Pre has made the top 10 list and not the Storm2. Very sad actually. Verizon does come out on top however because the Verizon Droid has surpassed the iPhone as the number one top 10 cell phone bumping it down to the second spot. Go Verizon. On another note, seems as the Google Droid software is really taking over. 5 out of the top 10 cell phones on the list are running Google's droid software. This may actually be good news for us based on the fact the the touch screen cell phone wars has finally kicked into high effect. Grinding competition and sales result in better products for us. Lets' see what the future has in store...no pun intended

Top 10 Cell Phones - PC World
    11-09-09 10:37 AM
    PC World has posted it's 4th quarter top 10 cell phone review in which the Blackberry Storm2 9550 is no where on the list. RIM however does have two blackberry's that made this category The Bold 9700 and the Tour 9630 but no Storm2 9550. Sad that the Palm Pre has made the top 10 list and not the Storm2. Very sad actually. Verizon does come out on top however because the Verizon Droid has surpassed the iPhone as the number one top 10 cell phone bumping it down to the second spot. Go Verizon. On another note, seems as the Google Droid software is really taking over. 5 out of the top 10 cell phones on the list are running Google's droid software. This may actually be good news for us based on the fact the the touch screen cell phone wars has finally kicked into high effect. Grinding competition and sales result in better products for us. Lets' see what the future has in store...no pun intended

Top 10 Cell Phones - PC World
    PC World needs to stick to PC's. They can't even get that right half the time though.
    11-09-09 10:45 AM
    That's because as far as touchscreens go, the S2 isn't even in the same ballpark as the others. It's a terrible touchscreen device.
    Wow, why you gotta troll so heavy?
    11-09-09 10:52 AM
    Not trolling. Telling the truth. The S2 has a god-awful touchscreen.

Obviously I'm not the only person to think that considering the review which includes other RIM products.
    I've already mod-alerted you. I will mod alert EVERY post that you make. We get it, you don't like it...no need to make others get upset at your comments.
    11-09-09 10:59 AM

Obviously I'm not the only person to think that considering the review which includes other RIM products.
    And, how about factual information to back that up other than just spewing your opinion on a STORM FORUM?

Must suck to have to use a cell phone to improve your self esteem?
    11-09-09 11:02 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You Storm people are very sensitive aren't you? The bottom line is that the cell phone world doesn't look at the Storms as being anything special.

It just burns your insides that the Droid was number 1. Had this review said that the Storm 2 was tops, you would be thrilled.

Time to move on folks. Get real.

11-09-09 11:03 AM
    Hardware wise (I JUST got my Storm 2) the Storm 2 seems very solid. OS wise its the same boring OS. I wouldn't say the Storm 2 is bad by any means but WebOS, Andriod, iPhone, Maemo. They all kill the S2 in the OS department.
    11-09-09 11:03 AM

I kinda like the S2 Touchscreen. Your opinion is duly noted, and dismissed.
    11-09-09 11:05 AM

You Storm people are very sensitive aren't you? The bottom line is that the cell phone world doesn't look at the Storms as being anything special.

It just burns your insides that the Droid was number 1. Had this review said that the Storm 2 was tops, you would be thrilled.

How hard is it to get through your skull that we, the Storm owners here, LIKE the device?

I don't like the Droid. I don't want the Droid. I don't want to be assaulted with crap saying the phone that I chose to buy SUCKS, I obviously don't think so.

Great, you like the Droid. Awesome. I don't.

Please leave this area of the forums.

I want to help where I can, and read some cool info on the S2. THAT's why I'm here. Not to read trolling comments that really are bringing me to the point where I don't want to be a member of this forum anymore.
    11-09-09 11:06 AM
    How hard is it to get through your skull that we, the Storm owners here, LIKE the device?

I don't like the Droid. I don't want the Droid. I don't want to be assaulted with crap saying the phone that I chose to buy SUCKS, I obviously don't think so.

I want to help where I can, and read some cool info on the S2. THAT's why I'm here. Not to read trolling comments that really are bringing me to the point where I don't want to be a member of this forum anymore.
    I completely agree with you. For some reason, the Droid users feel the need to come into the Storm forum and dismiss everything that is said with regards to praising the Storm2.

I don't like the Droid either but it does have it's merits and likewise I LOVE my Storm and don't feel the need to go into the Droid forums to rub everyones face in the mud if they have problems with it.
    11-09-09 11:09 AM

No, not really. This list is someone's opinion that happens to work for PC Mag. It really doesn't mean anything in reality. I like my phone, I think that google will get somewhere with the android platform one day but it doesn't fit my needs right now where the blackberry does.
    11-09-09 11:09 AM

But he's right though

The Storm is nothing special especially when compared to other touchscreens out there. With that being said i agree with you that we (ppl who choose to buy the Storm 2) need to hear how it's "crap" and it "sucks" everyday you log on here.
    11-09-09 11:13 AM

You're missing the point. I don't care about the poll or what other people think about a given piece of technology. It doesn't affect me, obviously. But to enter a discussion and have the same person trolling, saying the same shizzle every time to stir people, it's unproductive and irritating and an inappropriate use of a public forum.

I like my Storm2 (mostly, might need to replace it), but I can certainly understand why it's not in the top ten. Does my open betrayal of S2 fanboy-ism make you any happier, ferniesp?
    11-09-09 11:14 AM
    I'd love to see the thread deleted, but I know that's asking a bit much. Gawd, I HATE TROLLS!!
    11-09-09 11:17 AM
    [QUOTE=BillyV65;4044232]And, how about factual information to back that up other than just spewing your opinion on a STORM FORUM?
    [QUOTE]

OMG what a concept.... I am not entirely sure Vegasvic knows that factual information is...
    11-09-09 11:20 AM
    I am a storm 2 user and I like the phone but I agree the OS is nothing flashy and I don't feel RIM has done anything to change the game as far as touchscreen. I would have never considered a storm 1. A had a slew of friends that was very unhappy with it. However the 2nd time around I feel is it far more polished and a much more stylish phone. I have a ipod touch and like the apple OS better. I think RIM will come out with a much improved product here in the next few months. I have total confidence with this product or I wouldn't have purchased it.

11-09-09 11:23 AM
    I'd love to see the thread deleted, but I know that's asking a bit much. Gawd, I HATE TROLLS!!
    I think I actually opened a very good thread being that all major carriers has actually released brand new phones this year. So the competition is even for a top 10 rating. It would have been a good thread for Storm2 users to cast their opinions on why and why it didn't make the list. But the trolling always kills a good thread. I'm a Storm owner and would have loved to see the S2 make it on the list because quite frankly I love my Storm at it currently suites and meets my needs. RIM has acquired torch and is scheduled to release a brand new Browser by second quarter of next year. They are definitely headed in the right direction and I have to admit I'm gonna stick with Blackberry preferable Storm for I am actually not impressed with the competition in a tantalizing effort to change.
    11-09-09 11:25 AM
    In the S1 forum, there is the Rants & Raves section. The S1 trolls tended to stick in there. I had no issues with my S1, and I chose to stick clear of that forum. I was able to get insight and help others without being accosted daily about my phone choice.

I paid full price for my S2. I obviously feel it is a worthwhile choice for me. I stand by that choice and want a forum that I can learn, help, and be with others who share the same opinions I do.

It's angering when people pretty much degrade you because you chose a particular phone...
    11-09-09 11:26 AM
    I do think the S2 should have been on that list (**** I think it should be #1!!) because it is a great phone! I think its better than all of those phones. But Like I have said in other posts, its all about opinion, and you can't take that away from people.

Not yet atleast....
    11-09-09 11:27 AM

I would agree that it is nonsense to keep this thread or any thread like this going. I hate it when people keep posting these reviews up and stir up everyone's emotions. I would agree, the Storm 2 doesn't belong in that group but I have said numerous times that it is a good phone...****, I hade the storm one from day one. It was just time for me to move on and explore some alternatives. I figured if I was going to spend 30 bucks for data, I may as well get my moneys worth.

Peace

11-09-09 11:28 AM
    I am a storm 2 user and I like the phone but I agree the OS is nothing flashy and I don't feel RIM has done anything to change the game as far as touchscreen. I would have never considered a storm 1. A had a slew of friends that was very unhappy with it. However the 2nd time around I feel is it far more polished and a much more stylish phone. I have a ipod touch and like the apple OS better. I think RIM will come out with a much improved product here in the next few months. I have total confidence with this product or I wouldn't have purchased it.

I love the iPhone OS, but unless verizon gets the iphone, the S2 is my phone of choice
    11-09-09 11:29 AM
    But he's right though

The Storm is nothing special especially when compared to other touchscreens out there. With that being said i agree with you that we (ppl who choose to buy the Storm 2) need to hear how it's "crap" and it "sucks" everyday you log on here.
    Another crap opinion. Get rid of your Storm 2 if its such a bad device.
    11-09-09 11:31 AM
    Another crap opinion. Get rid of your Storm 2 if its such a bad device.
    He made similar comments about the storm1 that he had.
    11-09-09 11:35 AM
    That is exactly how I feel but I think vzw and apple have some bonding to do since there best selling phones in my opinion are open source for developers and apple has the restrictions in place for their content they want.

11-09-09 11:39 AM
    My wife and I went down and bought new phones. She got the Droid and I got the Storm 2. After a day or 2 of use my wife wants to trade in her Droid for a Storm. Why? I don't know she just likes the Storm better. The point is, in my mind both phones are great. Some are going to like one, some are going to like the other. The one thing you will not see is me on some Droid site telling everyone who loves the Droid how badly it sucks......Because it doesn't.

My wife and I are professional people who use our phones for business. Blackberry's bread and butter is the business market and I don't see that market thinning for a long time. IMO the storm is an attempt to draw in more of the main stream market although it works great for me as a business phone.

The bottom line; if you like the the Storm use the Storm. If you like the Droid use the Droid. It's cool to tell everyone how much you love your phone. It is not cool to tell someone else how much you hate their phone.
    11-09-09 11:47 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD