View Poll Results: Which is better the Blackberry Tour or Motorola Droid?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry Tour

9 29.03%
  • Motorola Droid

20 64.52%
  • Both about the same

0 0%
  • I Dont like either of these devices

2 6.45%
    I'm a current Crackberry addict for the past....well too many to count years. So needless-to-say I'm very partial to my Blackberry Tour. Unlike most people on here, I've never had an issue with it, works perfectly for me and does everything I need. That being said, I really like what I've seen and played with on the Droid but I want to see what your opinions are. Is the Droid better/worse than a Blackberry Tour and why?
    11-09-09 08:49 AM
    Personal preference....
    11-09-09 08:54 AM
    Personal preference....
    Exactly. The Tour is my first BlackBerry, and while I am really enjoying it, I can't help but notice all the buzz about Android. If I had to choose between the two, I would probably go Droid. Unfortunately I'm stuck in a two-year agreement that doesn't end until Spring 2011, so I really have no choice anyway. Should be interesting to see how Android evolves and what devices ultimately make their way onto Verizon. Hopefully the Droid is a sign of things to come as far as newer devices arriving on Verizon goes.
    11-09-09 08:59 AM
    Depends. What are you looking for in a smart phone? Go to a Verizon store and try it out. It wasn't much of an upgrade from my Tour so I'm staying with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 09:05 AM
    not much of an upgrade to the tour. lol. you must have played with it for an hour. The droid beats the tour in every way except the cam. Email is instant. I never though i would leave blackberry but wow.
    11-09-09 09:07 AM
    I came from the tour and have no regrets. The tour was my first bb and I did love it but this droid is amazing so far. I say go droid thetour was a lil to plan for me but the droid seems to have a lot of room for customizing.
    11-09-09 09:12 AM
    not much of an upgrade to the tour. lol. you must have played with it for an hour. The droid beats the tour in every way except the cam. Email is instant. I never though i would leave blackberry but wow.
    agreed..droid is ridiculous..
    11-09-09 09:12 AM
    If the droid had a better media player i would own it in addition to my tour. unfortunately i need a bb for work (can't use anything else), but would like to replace my iTouch with a real phone, and the droid would be it if it had a great media player.

just to clarify, if i didnt have to own a bb for work, i'd hands down get the droid its ten times better than any bb.
    Last edited by md12; 11-09-09 at 09:18 AM.
    11-09-09 09:16 AM
    yea i am sold as well. i have been a bb user for the past 5 years and a tour user since launch. rim is getting behind in the evolution of handsets and while the bb will always have a niche market, the droid will appeal to the masses. you have nothing to lose here with vzw 30 return policy. i got my droid and figured i had 30 days to make up my mind. well, i made my decision at hour 5 and my tour is on ebay. just my 2 cents.
    11-09-09 09:17 AM
    The media player is better then the Tour IMO...at least the browser is.

11-09-09 09:20 AM
    I've been BlackBerry for a long time.
    Butttttt....

Droid ftw. Never going back.
    11-09-09 11:55 AM
    The only thing that the Tour has over the Droid would be the e-mail, and I believe that's personal preference. I use gmail and cannot wait to have it sync for real when I get my Droid, as opposed to how it works on the Tour.

Other than that, I don't see how the Tour beats the Droid (besides the keyboard maybe?). Better screen, better web browser, cleaner looking messaging, better apps, widgets, better processor..the list goes on and on. I love my Tour, but I can't wait to get my Droid.
    11-09-09 12:01 PM
    There's no comparison....

It's really quite simple. The Tour is a simple device that gets the job done very well.

The Droid is a flashier, modern and better built device that gets the job done very well.

One looks a helll of a lot better doing it though. Not to mention the Droid is A LOT more fun than a BB : )
    11-09-09 12:59 PM
    I've had the Droid for almost a month. Wait, let me rephrase that... i've had FOUR droids for almost a month. It is easily the worst phone I have ever owned.

It crashed regularly, there are known defects trying to download attachments using various types of emails, the battery is the worst I've ever had with a smartphone.

The UI crashes on EVERYTHING. It crashes making calls, sending text messages. I've had it replaced three times in less than a month. I'm returning it and going with either a Blackberry, or I'll just switch providers and go with the iPhone.

Droid is terrible. Maybe it's something in the water, but when I went to the store for the fourth return I had to stand in line. There were three people ahead of me returning them.
    12-03-09 06:35 PM
    I've had the Droid for almost a month. Wait, let me rephrase that... i've had FOUR droids for almost a month. It is easily the worst phone I have ever owned.

It crashed regularly, there are known defects trying to download attachments using various types of emails, the battery is the worst I've ever had with a smartphone.

The UI crashes on EVERYTHING. It crashes making calls, sending text messages. I've had it replaced three times in less than a month. I'm returning it and going with either a Blackberry, or I'll just switch providers and go with the iPhone.

Droid is terrible. Maybe it's something in the water, but when I went to the store for the fourth return I had to stand in line. There were three people ahead of me returning them.
    I could not disagree with you more. Honestly, given my experience and the ones I've read here, this can't be a real post.
    12-03-09 06:50 PM
    I think those who have had bad experiences are just stuck in the blackberry ways! The droid is a great device as well as the tour is great! I say ya like what ya like...and be happy with it certain things arent for everyone!
    12-03-09 06:57 PM
    I could not disagree with you more. Honestly, given my experience and the ones I've read here, this can't be a real post.
    My guess as well.
    12-03-09 06:59 PM

You must've had a bad memory card or something. Also, the Droid isn't for everyone. Tech savy people tend to love it, other people who like simple tech tend to despise it.

12-03-09 07:14 PM
    The Droid is a fun device to use compared to my Tour. I have put a lot of time into the Droid since I purchased the device. I consider that time well spent. My email works better on my Tour, and I still love the crisp resolution.
    Researching the ins and outs of the Droid is fun and interesting. The browsing experience is top notch. The overall speed of the Droid is refreshing. A very responsive device with plenty of customization options.
    12-03-09 08:36 PM

Hmm lets see, new user, 2 posts, bringing up 2 old posts to bash the Droid. Ive not seen any posts on any Android forum complain of such issues as yours. Youre a troll. Go back to the Storm 2 section or Macrumors, wherever you came from.
    12-03-09 09:41 PM
    Damn, too many fake Droid owner on this board. Can't they go away?

12-03-09 11:58 PM
    How is the battery life? On my my storm 2 is sucks and I am considering trying out the Droid..
    12-05-09 07:28 AM
    Play with it, use it w/o expectation, learn it, and go from there

12-06-09 06:32 AM
    Well, I am using a Tour while I figure out what to do with my screen on my Droid. Let me say i feel I went back to the stone age. The Tour is nice for sure. Much smoother than the Curve I used previously. But in no way should it be compared to a Moto Droid.
    12-06-09 10:13 AM
    i have both so idk...im addicted to my bb but the driod have alot of features i love...hard to answer that one.
    12-07-09 01:09 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD