I bought the small charging pod for the curve and the mobi angled wall charger. When the berry is in the pod, the RIM logo on the front will begin to blink/flash for about 5-10 seconds several times throughout the day. I just wondered if this was normal, I don't want to fry my battery or berry!

Thanks for any help!
    05-15-08 07:38 AM
    Make sure the Phone charger end is pushed all the way in, I had the same thing a while back and this was it.
    05-15-08 07:42 AM
    Thanks Yester!

I thought it was secure, but alas it wasn't all the way snug. Thanks for the quick reply!
    05-15-08 07:53 AM
    The Blackberry Logo blinks when a new message / sms / call /data is being sent to your phone......well it does on my Pearl Pod.
    05-15-08 07:57 AM
    The Blackberry Logo blinks when a new message / sms / call /data is being sent to your phone......well it does on my Pearl Pod.

what lol. there is no way the battery terminals can tell when there is a new message

Evalast, your welcome
    05-15-08 08:02 AM
    what lol. there is no way the battery terminals can tell when there is a new message

Evalast, your welcome
    No word of a lie.....checked everything again, cable firmly in as far as it can go, Pearl in correctly. Just sent a e-mail from my laptop to my BB, Logo blinked just before my BB red light blinked......just called my BB from my office phone & again it blinked & keeps blinking until i answer call.

It's done that ever since i got it 2 months ago, thought that it was designed to do that ?
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 05-15-08 at 08:13 AM.
    05-15-08 08:09 AM
    Woooohhooo,

I stand corrected, never really stared at the phone when it was just about to ring or get an email..... but hmmmm.. so wonder if it's the voltage going thru.... It blinks on and off twice, then flickers when there is activity...

thanks for the heads up, I stand corrected. I am going to crawl back into my hole.....
    05-15-08 08:18 AM
    hee hee

I only noticed it one day myself because I have my charger on my desk just to the side of my laptop & noticed it blinking just before BB red light blinked....I don't sit & stare at my phone all day waiting for someone to call (honest) hee hee
    05-15-08 08:28 AM
    Ok, so I never linked the 2 together, and hadn't received any messages this am. After reading on, I too realize now that it occurs just b4 receipt of a message/call. Kinda neat, still curious as to what is actually going on here though.....
    05-15-08 08:28 AM
    I think it also blinks when its doing its random data search thing (flashing arrows in top corner of BB screen) so it may blink but you don't have a message if you know what i mean.

Not sure how it works, it may be similar technology to those little phone charms you get that blink when a call is coming. Have you seen them ?....they're common thing here in UK with the Kids.
    05-15-08 08:35 AM
    So are you talking about the BlackBerry branded charging pod?
    If so I've never noticed that, but truthfully, its sitting on my nightstand and I really only out my phone on it before I go to bed.

That's a very cool feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:48 AM
    05-16-08 04:26 AM
    I am new to BB and love the 8330 i just got. I'm now in the process of looking into accessories. I'm looking at BlackBerry Charging Pod for Curve 8330found here on the CB site.

The Charging POD does not come with a power cord. So I have a few questions:

1. Can I use the USB connection to my PC as a charger?
    2. If not, How can I tell which one of the other wall chargers are compatible with this POD?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    05-20-08 10:13 AM
    The charger that came with you BB works with the POD, at the base of the pod at the back is a little USB outlet exactly like your BB so instead of putting the usb into your BB you put it into the back of Pod & then just slot your BB into the pod.

Yes, USB / PC cable also works for charging via your computer.

I assume you are meaning the Pod as the link in my post above yours ? & not any of the other charger / pods
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 05-20-08 at 10:29 AM.
    05-20-08 10:23 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes...I meant the POD.

What I am looking to do is charge my BB at home & work.

I am assuming I could leave the POD on my desk at work and charge the BB at work with the USB cable provided and use the wall charger at home.

Just to clarify...under the scenario above, all I need to by is the POD...I could use the USB at work to charge thru the POD?
    05-20-08 12:42 PM
    That set up will work for you!
    05-20-08 12:45 PM
    Thanks. I am going to order it now.
    05-20-08 02:03 PM
    My Charging Pod is also occassionally blinking when I put my Blackberry Curve. I believe this as defective though.

I also noticed the charging pod blinking whenever there was a transmission going. The moment I noticed the arrows showing in and out next to the GPRS logo, the charging pod was also blinking.
    Last edited by jlingo; 07-20-08 at 10:00 AM.
    07-20-08 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD