PROBLEMS.... Hi there, I just bought a new 9700 and am debating returning it to Bell Mobility in Canada where I purchased it. Is my version the newest? It says v5.0.0.321 (Platform 5.1.0.90)

It won't play youtube videos. (Buffering only then some error code)

I can't access the full version of Hotmail. No problem on my old cell phone.

On different websites, it won't allow my to hit the "SEND" button if I'm messaging somebody. I belong to a few interactive websites similar to this one, and when I put my pointer over the "SEND" tab, the pointer SHOULD turn into a "HAND" symbol, and it doesn't and will not allow me to send. My initial impression sucks!

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
    11-08-09 05:47 PM
    Unfortunately what you're experiencing is a limitation of the browser. Certain sites don't work properly for me as well. Sometimes it could be your java settings.
    11-08-09 05:50 PM
    Many blackberries don't play youtube and then magically one day they do. Happened to me with my bold. I made absolutely no changes and one day my blackberry just started to work on youtube.

I've also noticed that problem with blackberries in regards to not being able to confirm a selection. A few small prices to pay for an otherwise great phone.

Only you can decide if you should return the phone or not. Sounds a bit like you'd prefer an iphone anyway.
    11-08-09 05:53 PM
    How do I change the Java settings? Older versions of Blackberry's allow people to view youtube. Thanks for the quick reply.... Oh, now that I think about it, someone on this site mentioned that they ARE able to view youtube with their 9700.
    11-08-09 05:54 PM
    Sounds a bit like you'd prefer an iphone anyway.
    Haha, no, the iPhone plans in Canada are ridiculous. At least $115/month to even have a plan close to what I have now, and it still would not be nearly as good as far as minutes & data. I DO have a Mac though, but have heard many nightmare'ish stories about iPhones. Freezing, unresponsive, random automatic shut-offs.... etc.... Nope, not for me. I'm embracing the Blackberry. I'm new to them admittedly, but am a quick learner, and very patient. Sites like this should be a great help.
    11-08-09 05:59 PM
    Voice-dial didn't work yesterday, now it magically works today. FLAWLESSLY!!!
    11-08-09 06:00 PM
    mine has a couple similar issues, no youtube yet, some sites dont work..

i'm confident with upcoming firmware changes and upgrades that problems will be fixed
    11-08-09 06:13 PM
    You have to go into your Options, Advanced Options, TCIP. Enable APN to internet.com or whatever your provider uses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 06:17 PM
    FYI, I'm now connected with WiFi and still no luck. Will try DataCenter's advice. BRB
    11-08-09 06:33 PM
    I am also with Bell and have been experiencing a multitude of issues (see my thread below). I just went to youtube and it plays videos perfectly. Doesn't help you much, but at least it shows it should and can work on the 9700.

11-08-09 06:52 PM
    I am also with Bell and have been experiencing a multitude of issues (see my thread below). I just went to youtube and it plays videos perfectly. Doesn't help you much, but at least it shows it should and can work on the 9700.

Thanks..... Ummmmm, still no youtube. WiFi, (or otherwise), Firefox, Internet Explorer... Nothing.... Hmmmmm
    11-08-09 06:57 PM
    That happened to me when trying to play You Tube. Tech support told me to adjust the settings and it worked.

Let me know if it worked for you.

11-08-09 06:58 PM
    That happened to me when trying to play You Tube. Tech support told me to adjust the settings and it worked.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks, but WHAT SETTINGS? I went into the files you mentioned, and it's active with Bell. What can I change?

Thanks
    11-08-09 07:28 PM
    got exactly same problems here...no youtube, no hotmail, no nba.com, sometimes it wont load up random sites aswell which worked b4....
    11-09-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD