What does the 2gb of Device Memory get used for (is this the RAM)?

My apps are all getting loaded in the 256mb Application Memory space, which will get eaten up quickly it appears.

Thanks for any info.
    11-08-09 05:04 PM
    The 2gb is for media storage.

The 256 is for Apps and the OS
    11-08-09 05:07 PM
    Thanks, guess I had not thought of that since there is the 16gb SD Card in there as well.

The Storm2 is my first BB, still getting used to the way it works somewhat.
    11-08-09 05:08 PM
    can you place applications on the device memory?
    11-18-09 06:20 PM
    can you place applications on the device memory?
    Unfortunately, no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 06:27 PM
    The 2gb is for media storage.
    photo's, music, video's. etc are stored on the SD card.
    11-18-09 06:53 PM
    photo's, music, video's. etc are stored on the SD card.
    You can also store photos, music, videos, etc. on the internal 2gb device memory
    11-18-09 07:18 PM
    whats the point of that?
    Is there a workaroud...maybe in the future?
    07-01-10 09:35 AM
    whats the point of that?
    i think the apps store sell or some where i saw sell an apps that allow uses or external memory as apps memory... meaning can installl apps on the external memory card but you must use that apps to activate such features.. maybe someone out there can confirm?
    07-01-10 10:01 AM
    whats the point of that?
    The point is that it is permanent storage for files ON THE DEVICE. These files will always be there, even if you swap SD cards or have the phone in mass storage mode.

Some people find it convenient to store ringtones and/or wallpaper photos there so they are always available, even if the SD card is not.

I agree, however, it would be nice if apps could be saved to the device memory partition or if the application memory partition could be larger...
    07-01-10 10:04 AM
    Maybe installing apps on the device memory/sd card will be a posibility with OS6?!?! probably not though. so basically, my reply here is completely useless and of no good information. lol
    07-01-10 11:27 AM
    Maybe installing apps on the device memory/sd card will be a posibility with OS6?!?! probably not though. so basically, my reply here is completely useless and of no good information. lol

But you could be right. In which case your reply here would be eerily prophetic.
    07-01-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD