so i am unable to send or receive MMS messages on my 8330 curve. I went to my local store, and all they seemed to do was take a picture, sent it to my phone, and realize that i wont get it, then he does the same thing with sending a picture from my phone to his.

neither worked, all he said was that he was stumped.

can any of you guys here figure out why it would be doing this? it worked fine until verizon replaced my phone after mine took a swim
    11-08-09 10:28 AM
    Do you have 1XEV? You may need to cal Tech because they can reset it if needed. I'm sure you did a battery pull already.
    11-08-09 10:45 AM
    so i am unable to send or receive MMS messages on my 8330 curve. I went to my local store, and all they seemed to do was take a picture, sent it to my phone, and realize that i wont get it, then he does the same thing with sending a picture from my phone to his.

neither worked, all he said was that he was stumped.

can any of you guys here figure out why it would be doing this? it worked fine until verizon replaced my phone after mine took a swim
    Options>Advanced>Service Books

Make sure you have all MMS books. MMS Client and MMS Transport

If not resend service books
    11-08-09 11:07 AM
    Set your Browser WAP Push to Enabled.
    11-08-09 12:22 PM
    i have the service books, and WAP push is enabled, i have/had 1XEV (since the leaked 5.0 update its said 3G, and i had this problem long before i tried the update, i was hoping maybe it would help)
    i tried calling support, but they wont talk to me since i'm not on the account
    11-08-09 05:59 PM
    Delete all MMS service books then resend them all should be good to go then.
    11-08-09 07:11 PM
    i have the service books, and WAP push is enabled, i have/had 1XEV (since the leaked 5.0 update its said 3G, and i had this problem long before i tried the update, i was hoping maybe it would help)
    i tried calling support, but they wont talk to me since i'm not on the account
    They won't help you either if you have a leaked OS on the phone. It is not official for the Curve yet so you would need to downgrade before they would help you. Even if it has happened before, they will have you do a downgrade first.
    11-08-09 11:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I just got a Verizon 8830 WE as an insurance replacement for my Alltel 8830 WE. I could send/receive mms on that phone, but not on Verizon's. This is very annoying!!! I did notice it was running OS .138 already.
    11-09-09 10:08 AM
    The Verizon 8830 does not support mms that I have seen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:47 AM
    They won't help you either if you have a leaked OS on the phone. It is not official for the Curve yet so you would need to downgrade before they would help you. Even if it has happened before, they will have you do a downgrade first.
    Agreed. I put the leaked OS on there and had no issues with MMS but if you are having issues recommend putting 4.5 back on because tech support wont help. The phone is "technically" out of warrenty with that leaked software. The rep would make you downgrade before helping.
    11-09-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD