Sorry if this is repetitive, but I did a search and I dont see an easy solution.

Am I to understand that the only music that can play on a bb is unprotected mp3's? Meaning that the 300 bucks I have spent over the last year and half from Rhapsody is flushed down the toilet? there has to be an easy way to get these songs on my BB, no? If not, its back to Windows mobile. I mean, who has time for this?
    05-14-08 10:21 PM
    When you try to pull them over are you getting any kind of error or??
    05-14-08 10:24 PM
    Sorry if this is repetitive, but I did a search and I dont see an easy solution.

Am I to understand that the only music that can play on a bb is unprotected mp3's? Meaning that the 300 bucks I have spent over the last year and half from Rhapsody is flushed down the toilet? there has to be an easy way to get these songs on my BB, no? If not, its back to Windows mobile. I mean, who has time for this?
    Download WINAMP.....set winamp as default for all MP3's. Now when you put them on your memory card the mp3 should play. I had this exact same problem with Limewire and now all my mp3's play just fine!
    05-14-08 10:34 PM
    Download WINAMP.....set winamp as default for all MP3's. Now when you put them on your memory card the mp3 should play. I had this exact same problem with Limewire and now all my mp3's play just fine!
    They arent MP3's though, they are WMA files.
    05-14-08 10:42 PM
    Hi there,

I had that same problem with uploading my .wma music files. But then I downloaded the most recent version of Media Manager...and a co-worker of mine said to use that & when dragging a song you want to uploaded, select "convert for optimal playback". I tried that for FULL albums, and it didn't let me select that option. So then I tried selecting all the songs within an album, dragged them into M.M., then it allowed me to select the "convert" option...so now all of my .wma files play PERFECT on my BB!! Hope that helps...

~Calista~
    05-15-08 10:30 AM
    Since you already spent $300 (I feel your pain)
    Spend $20 on this program
    05-15-08 10:40 AM
    [QUOTE=CMejia;320570]Hi there,

I had that same problem with uploading my .wma music files. But then I downloaded the most recent version of Media Manager...and a co-worker of mine said to use that & when dragging a song you want to uploaded, select "convert for optimal playback". I tried that for FULL albums, and it didn't let me select that option. So then I tried selecting all the songs within an album, dragged them into M.M., then it allowed me to select the "convert" option...so now all of my .wma files play PERFECT on my BB!! Hope that helps...

~Calista~[/QUOTE

when you say the lastest version of media manager are saying that the one that comes with the bb curve get started disc is not the latest? I should download the desktop manager from the bb sight? Or do I just need to download roxio?

Also, i set rhapsody for "upnp" (i think thats it) and then selected that folder from the top of media manager. All my music showed up and I was able to drag it down. I selected convert for optimal playback. It went through the converting process and I checked my BB. I though I had done it. but when I went to play the music, the alblum art was there, but the song just skipped through and the window popped up that said, "can not play file, not a compatible format.

So far the only songs I can play are from my cd's. About 5% of my music collection.
    05-15-08 12:58 PM
    [QUOTE=amazinglygraceless;320590]Since you already spent $300 (I feel your pain)
    ]

For 20 bucks I guess its worth a shot. does the free trial allow you a one time experiment?
    05-15-08 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD