Does Telus secretly offer MTM? Checking the website, you can't get a phone without signing a 3yr, and in fact you can't even just get a sim card!

Anyone manage to join Telus with no contract since the new HPSA network came out??

I'm pretty sure Rogers doesn't offer MTM anymore.
    11-07-09 11:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure they do. If you're willing to pay the full price of the phone of course. Just talk to a Telus rep for more info.
    11-08-09 01:04 AM
    Yes, MTM pricing is always available with TELUS.
    11-08-09 06:14 AM
    You can go MTM with Telus, but if you do you will have to pay full price for the phone. To anyone who is on a current contract with Telus you can still get a 3G+ phone, all you have to do is pay the full price of the phone. You don't need to redo your contract with them. They tried to sucker me into that over the phone. So I went to my Telus guy and he added a Blackberry Bold 9700 to my planned and on the screen it said MTM. I will be paying full price for the Blackberry Storm 2when it comes out in the first week of Decemeber.
    11-08-09 06:48 AM
    You can buy just a SIM card for the HSPA network. I'd post a link to it but because it's my first post I can't. If you go to the Telus site, go to phones, 3G+ devices, the SIM card is listed there at $9.99.
    11-08-09 06:54 AM
    You can buy just a SIM card for the HSPA network. I'd post a link to it but because it's my first post I can't. If you go to the Telus site, go to phones, 3G+ devices, the SIM card is listed there at $9.99.
    Oops I totally glanced over it by accident! Thanks...what I can't find though is the activation fee, because I'm sure they won't sell the sim just for $9.99 and let you go. Hmm.

BC Rocket, do you have to pay more for your MTM plan? I hear with Rogers that it's pricier with less features.
    11-09-09 06:47 AM
    BC Rocket, do you have to pay more for your MTM plan? I hear with Rogers that it's pricier with less features.
    You do not have to pay more. Sometimes there are 50-100 bonus minutes with 1,2, or 3 year plans. Thats about it. And even then, sometimes you get the bonus minutes anyways on M2M.

Hope that helps!
    11-09-09 07:10 AM
    You do not have to pay more. Sometimes there are 50-100 bonus minutes with 1,2, or 3 year plans. Thats about it. And even then, sometimes you get the bonus minutes anyways on M2M.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks a lot. From the other thread groups, Rogers is more expensive on MTM and Bell is slightly cheaper. I'm guessing you'll say that Telus is the cheapest?
    11-09-09 02:19 PM
    Whatever floats ur boat! lol ...

Sorry cant conentrate, MW2 is coming out tonight!! haha

On a more serious note. Bell still has their SAF + 911 fees.. so keep that in mind
    11-09-09 02:20 PM
    Whatever floats ur boat! lol ...

Sorry cant conentrate, MW2 is coming out tonight!! haha

On a more serious note. Bell still has their SAF + 911 fees.. so keep that in mind
    LOL. The hype is unreal.

Yeah I just realized that Telus doesn't have SAF/911. About damn time.

One last question, somewhat trivial - is there anyway to negotiate a better deal if I'm going on MTM? I mean, could I frame the argument in a way that I'd be giving them extra business if they can lure me in?

P.S. Should I call retentions as a non-customer to get said better deal?
    Last edited by AngryChineseDriver.com; 11-09-09 at 04:44 PM.
    11-09-09 04:41 PM
    Well, retentions I cannot speak in their behalf but, as they say its always worth a shot. Right?

Honestly, I don't think they will play ball right now with M2M activations. Just my thoughts.

Well, off to the MW2 launch party downtown. Let us know how it works out for ya. I'm pretty interested in if they will do anything.

Take care.

J

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 05:06 PM
    I'll let you know in this thread when I give them a call, probably next week.

Enjoy MW2!!!
    11-09-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD