Ok I know this might be old, and I took these pics a long time ago (February to be exact) but I just wanted to share these with my fellow 8330 users.

Deep Blue
    11-07-09 09:15 PM
    11-07-09 09:16 PM
    Bumblebee Yellow
    11-07-09 09:16 PM
    Scarlet
    11-07-09 09:17 PM
    11-07-09 09:17 PM
    Loving the dark blue color
    11-07-09 10:20 PM
    Howd you do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:53 PM
    Its like surgery for your bb. You have to be patient, accurate, and all in all, possess a steady hand. I saw it on youtube and I had to try it for myself. You'll need:
    Tweezers
    Scotch Tape
    Scissors
    Markers (color of your choice)
    toothpick (optional)

Remove silver ring around trackball with toothpick, it doesnt scratch or damage ring like the tweezers do, BE VERY DELICATE WITH IT!!! Be very careful not to break small plastic parts on the ring. If you do, it gets very annoying to keep your trackball in place. Remove trackball either with tweezers or just turn over BB and act like you are removing batteries from a remote. You should see the light where the ball used to be. Now cut a very very very small piece of scotch tape with the scissors. Smaller than a cm. Just enough to cover the light. Then color it with the marker, color of your choice. Then get tweezers and carefully place colored tape over the light. Not having and folds or wrinkles in the tape. Once tape is in place, put trackball back in place, with the side white plastic thingys horizontally. Then (heres the careful part) put the silver ring back on. Make sure the plastic prongs (or whatever they're called) are everywhere EXCEPT the top when putting it back on the phone. Don't put excess pressure on it, or you might break the plastic. Once its in, press any button and you should see your trackball lit with what ever color you picked.
    11-07-09 11:59 PM
    Too difficult!! Haha! I was hoping it was an app of some sort!

11-08-09 07:34 PM
    Actually, I'm not much of a handy man (at all) and I had very little trouble replacing my trackball. You do have to be gentle, but it's not as hard as it sounds. Takes about 3 minutes at the most.

As for coloring tape and putting it in, that may be a bit more challenging..

11-08-09 09:43 PM
    Wonder if it would be easier just to use colored trackballs? They could be replace multiple times very easily as already stated in this thread, and aren't expensive.

11-08-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD