While I'm thinking of getting the Droid towards the end of the month when I have an upgrade available, my Tour isn't behaving very well when it comes to calls. I got a green dot about a month and a half ago (old one got water damaged), and everything was great with it. Or so I thought. For the past month everyone has to keep saying, "What?!" when I'm on the phone. They all tell me I sound muffled, or like my hand is over my mouth.

I just tried it with me on the other end (my dad's Curve), and I could definitely hear it. Will Verizon still swap one out for me?
    11-07-09 07:47 PM
    They should since that sounds defective. I would call them and ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 07:53 PM
    Similar issue with my Storm. I brought it in and they replaced it without much hassle. (Granted, now on the Tour after 3 Storm replacements)

If you want a totally different phone though (rather than the Tour), that will be a much harder sell.
    11-07-09 10:32 PM
    Had this issue with my Storm as well. They should replace it under the RIM warranty.
    11-07-09 11:22 PM
    Some people don't realize that the mouthpiece is on the bottom of the Tour and is just a small pin sized hole. Many will hold a finger in the way of the hole not realizing it and this makes it sound muffled to the person on the other end of the line. I'm not saying that's what is happening in your case, but it is a possibility.
    11-07-09 11:30 PM
    It's not that. I don't hold the phone that way at all. My phone is nowhere near the mic when I hold it up to my ear.
    11-07-09 11:41 PM
    It's not that. I don't hold the phone that way at all. My phone is nowhere near the mic when I hold it up to my ear.
    Your phone is nowhere near the mic? Huh? LOL...I think what you meant to say is that your hand is nowhere near the mic, but even then the question would be how are you holding the phone up to your ear in the first place?

Like I said, that might not be what's happening in your case, but there are many who have no idea that this may be their problem and since it's similar in nature to your issue I wanted to help in pointing this out.
    11-07-09 11:52 PM
    I've replaced my Tour 3 times (because of the trackball) and when I went in on Thursday night to replace it again, VZW said they would upgrade me to the Storm2 for free. Of course I did it and haven't looked back.
    11-08-09 12:01 AM
    Your phone is nowhere near the mic? Huh? LOL...I think what you meant to say is that your hand is nowhere near the mic, but even then the question would be how are you holding the phone up to your ear in the first place?

Like I said, that might not be what's happening in your case, but there are many who have no idea that this may be their problem and since it's similar in nature to your issue I wanted to help in pointing this out.
    I meant to say hand, yes. I apologize. I hold the phone from the sides (by my 2 fingers), with one other finger pushing in the back towards the top.

I understand what you're saying, and although that may be the case for some, I am saying that is not the case with me.
    11-08-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD