this seems to be the most powerful today for vzw is it not?

the storm 2 isnt as good as this..

i think its a great pda..keyboards a little crammed, but then again my fingers are short and stubby so thats just me..

does anyone know if a 32gb card is avail and if thers an extended battery avail?
    11-07-09 02:11 PM
    Yes three is no comparison between the storm 2 and the Droid. This is the phone I wanted when I bought the storm. I don't think 32 gig card is out yet. But I could be totally wrong. Thinly thing I wish it had a better cam. I don't use the cam to often so it does not bother me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 02:44 PM
    No competition. I tried out the Storm 2 in the store a few weeks back and the screen sucks. Droid's screen trumps the S2. I dont' see why RIM made the screen physically depress down into the phone and make you 'click' it. Plus the BB OS can't compete with Android OS.

Now with all due respect to RIM, they originally built their OS on a business-minded platform. It's just now they are trying to adapt and compete with consumer graded use for entertainment, multimedia, etc. So it's no surprise even a 2nd gen Storm isn't up to par.
    11-07-09 03:50 PM
    I gotta tell you guys, I have been using mobile devices since, oh jeeze the treo 600 form vzw and before that , even before they were a pda/phone..from what you remember the startac with the clip on organizer? do you guys remember that??

been years for me. Granted I dont know as much as many of you but I do think this droid is probably verizons top pda/smartphone today.
    just the feel of the os is smooth, the device seems well built and the screen is ultra responsive..

I think the storm is ok, but i tihink the droid is in a leage of its own..
    the only thing i will miss and its minor is the bb email..which i get tmeial on this droid just fine and the bb chat!

i was debating betwen the s2 and the droid and played with them both..
    the vzw rep was a hardcore bb guy and he tells me, listen the s1 and s2 are a lot of hype and afterthoughts on rims part..
    if you want something powerful, os and hardware, the best we got is the roid now..

as i said the keyboard isnt great, but thats my only problem..short stubby fingers..id have the same issue with ANY phone..on screen keyboard or physical one..
    but ya happy so far with the purchase!
    11-07-09 04:06 PM
    I gotta tell you guys, I have been using mobile devices since, oh jeeze the treo 600 form vzw and before that , even before they were a pda/phone..from what you remember the startac with the clip on organizer? do you guys remember that??

been years for me. Granted I dont know as much as many of you but I do think this droid is probably verizons top pda/smartphone today.
    just the feel of the os is smooth, the device seems well built and the screen is ultra responsive..

I think the storm is ok, but i tihink the droid is in a leage of its own..
    the only thing i will miss and its minor is the bb email..which i get tmeial on this droid just fine and the bb chat!

i was debating betwen the s2 and the droid and played with them both..
    the vzw rep was a hardcore bb guy and he tells me, listen the s1 and s2 are a lot of hype and afterthoughts on rims part..
    if you want something powerful, os and hardware, the best we got is the roid now..

as i said the keyboard isnt great, but thats my only problem..short stubby fingers..id have the same issue with ANY phone..on screen keyboard or physical one..
    but ya happy so far with the purchase!
    A little honesty is always refreshing!
    11-07-09 04:15 PM
    I hate to be a bearer of bad news but the eris has outsold the droid and the storm 2 has out sold both of them.. I am not trying to bash the android devices and yes I do have a storm 2 which I might not keep. But according to the reps I have spoken to they think that the storm 2 will out live the droid phones..they told me that there are already os issues with the droids and returns are heavy along with slow sales. The big red needs to get these phones right befor release. I am tired of playing around with my phones to get them to work! good luck with your phones hope you have less issues than the first storm did!
    FALSE
    10 Characters
    11-07-09 04:54 PM
    I was thinking about getting the Droid since all the hype before it came out, now that it came out, I am EXTREAMLY glad I did not buy the Droid! I hated, I mean hated the Droid when I played with it in the store
    11-07-09 04:57 PM
    I hate to be a bearer of FALSE news but the eris has outsold the droid and the storm 2 has out sold both of them.
    You made a typo, so I took the liberty of correcting your post. I hope you don't mind!
    11-07-09 05:00 PM
    I was thinking about getting the Droid since all the hype before it came out, now that it came out, I am EXTREAMLY glad I did not buy the Droid! I hated, I mean hated the Droid when I played with it in the store
    Of course you did. Mind giving us some explanation as to why you absolutely hated it?
    11-07-09 05:02 PM
    Of course you did. Mind giving us some explanation as to why you absolutely hated it?
    I ended up not liking the "feel" of the phone. It felt to big and bulky. The slide out keyboard was cheap in my opinion and the keys were to flat to type on. I also got scared I would break off the keyboard from the line of work I'm in. It didn't feel as solid as I wished.
    11-07-09 05:10 PM
    I ended up not liking the "feel" of the phone. It felt to big and bulky. The slide out keyboard was cheap in my opinion and the keys were to flat to type on. I also got scared I would break off the keyboard from the line of work I'm in. It didn't feel as solid as I wished.
    thats surprising mj.....why do you say the keyboard feels cheap? It's flat yes but it really is easy to type on after a day or 2. The keyboard will outlive the device. No cracks or openings for anything to get into the keyboard or touchscreen for that matter. The device is solid as hellll.

The tolerances even around the battery door are excellent.

As far as big and bulky...it's got weight for sure but it has no bulk. but thats just my opinion.

The keyboard won't break off : )

Well maybe if it's deployed and you happen to smash into something but it's solidly set. The screen is attached to it. If anything the screen would come off before the keyboard. The keyboard holds a lot of the internals and such.

I can't say enough good things about this device. The Tour was my favorite berry to date but there is no comparison between the 2. It's like night and day from the materials used to the OS and to how damn fast everything is on the Droid.

This thing fly's.....
    11-07-09 05:55 PM
    thats surprising mj.....why do you say the keyboard feels cheap? It's flat yes but it really is easy to type on after a day or 2. The keyboard will outlive the device. No cracks or openings for anything to get into the keyboard or touchscreen for that matter. The device is solid as hellll.

The tolerances even around the battery door are excellent.

As far as big and bulky...it's got weight for sure but it has no bulk. but thats just my opinion.

The keyboard won't break off : )

Well maybe if it's deployed and you happen to smash into something but it's solidly set. The screen is attached to it. If anything the screen would come off before the keyboard. The keyboard holds a lot of the internals and such.

I can't say enough good things about this device. The Tour was my favorite berry to date but there is no comparison between the 2. It's like night and day from the materials used to the OS and to how damn fast everything is on the Droid.

This thing fly's.....
    Its only my opinion and that's all it was, meant no harm to the Droid. As far as the OS, I did like it, in fact I loved how fast the Droid is! Although I had no idea how to work the droid, and the things I could figure out for the short time I played with it, the droid did it fast! I'm just not hooked on the feel of the phone though as I stated. I need to see over a few months how the build is holding up still. I'm not saying its a bad phone, I'm just not sold still at the moment as its hard to get away from the Blackberry I still love today as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 06:06 PM
    well ive played with both...and i think its kinda unfair to say storm 2 vs the droid. the droid is an awesome device! it will def be my next upgrade! but seriously they are 2 totally different devices and OS's. id say a better match for the droid is a iphone
    11-07-09 06:15 PM
    I had the S2 and was very happy with it, it is a good phone and to me the touchscreen technology on the S2 is unbeatable. Today I turned my S2 in for the droid and it also a very good phone. I like the droid better but the only thing I miss is that S2 screen click. Email is not a big deal for me so i'm not too worried about it. I also kinda miss bbm but gchat is kinda like it, just a little different. But all in all I am satisfied with the droid, so far :P
    11-07-09 06:26 PM
    I'm sorry but the Droid touch screen blows the storm one Ans two way..no. comparison at all
    I just think having owned the storm 1 even wit
    h the new software doesn't compare to the Droid..
    Heck it seems that the Droid is to an extent a laptop. Replacement!
    11-07-09 10:24 PM
    I am a huge fan of blackberry in general and have had one so long that I almost felt guilty buying a Droid........however I took the plunge and although I'm still getting used to it I must say I'm really inpressed with it so far. Any app that I had on my storm they had for the droid and a lot of the same apps were actually better ( Where, Pandora) The browser is awesome in comparison and a lot of people made a big deal about the keyboard but just to have a physical keyboard as an option and still be thinner then my storm was great and to be honest within a day you adjust and are typing pretty fast on it. The touch screen in my opinon is much better and the flick scrolling is as good as my friends iphone. Since I have gotten the droid I have been checking out a lot of android websites and there is already talks about a new software to fix some minor bugs and add some more goodies. All in all there is going to be many opinons on this phone just like others I just hope that people that give a review on it are people who actually have one are used one extensively.
    11-08-09 06:27 AM
    I have not played with either yet. Currently I have the LG Voyager and have liked the full keyboard, the Navigator, the calendar.
    I have not ever had a BB but am debating the Storm 2 and the Droid. I don't email a lot now on my phone, though it would be nice.

I text quite a bit
    I would love the ability to google and find info
    I really use a calendar for work and personal
    I rely heavily on navigation
    I need clear ability to talk and hear others.

For all you BB folks what would you recommend
    11-09-09 02:27 PM
    I have not played with either yet. Currently I have the LG Voyager and have liked the full keyboard, the Navigator, the calendar.
    I have not ever had a BB but am debating the Storm 2 and the Droid. I don't email a lot now on my phone, though it would be nice.

I text quite a bit
    I would love the ability to google and find info
    I really use a calendar for work and personal
    I rely heavily on navigation
    I need clear ability to talk and hear others.

For all you BB folks what would you recommend
    Well the Droid is perfect for a lot of that because it's a Google phone so searching google is a dream! There is a dedicated Google widget you can put on your homescreen and search google right from there without having to open the browser.

The slide out full keyboard makes it easy for texting and emailing.

There is the Google calendar which sync's with the same Gmail calendar online!

It comes with Google Maps built in! Plus it comes with Google navigation which is like a Garmin GPS built in practically!

Verizon's voice clarity and quality is great on this phone, people are heard crisp and clear!

If you have a Gmail account, that is the best! Gmail is built into the phone and sync's up with your Gmail online. Plus the other e-mail app they give you works great for hotmail or other accounts. It pushes my hotmail right to the phone just like Blackberry!
    Last edited by TvTechGuru; 11-10-09 at 12:20 AM.
    11-10-09 12:16 AM
    Some bias going on here...

I have both phones on my desk. Browsing, screen and apps hands down the Droid is better. However, the phone app, music app and especially the Exchange integration stinks. The Storm (and any other BB) are far ahead on these areas.
    11-10-09 11:08 AM
    Phone app? Not sure what you mean but the phone function is nicer than the Blackberry I think. I like how it's all layed out, especially the contacts and call log. And I also think the music app runs nicer than Blackberries. It's more user friendly. Plus the speaker quality is 10x better AND you don't have to decrease MP3 quality for it to play like on the BB.
    11-11-09 07:15 AM
    I talked with my Verizon rep. He said the Samsung Glyde has sold better than the droid, storm 2, and eris combined.

so Im getting the glyde...
    11-11-09 07:22 AM
    I went from Storm 1 to the Droid and seriously wanted to love this phone( Droid). Some cool features, actually I'll re-phrase that, they are amazing features. I just don't like the touch screen or the physical screen on the Droid, it just doesn't feel right for my taste. Some other things with navigation too. But I do like Android so much and had a G1 last year I though I would demo the Eris. I like having 7 home screens and different choices of scenes on the Eris. Lots of bang for the buck with the pricing of this phone!! And then I tried using the touch screen. Whoa, disappointing, for my large fingers. What a shame I would have taken the Eris.

So bottom line is the Droid will be going back and I'm going to get the Storm2. Yes the BB Os is getting a little long in the tooth and doesn't have the coolness factor but at 58 years old I stopped worrying about cool many years ago. Functionality is what I'm looking for and the Berry gives me that. It's personal taste and what works for me.

For all you Droid users, you've got a great piece of technology, have fun with it.
    Last edited by DrBobOldTimer; 11-11-09 at 07:40 AM.
    11-11-09 07:37 AM
    I talked with my Verizon rep. He said the Samsung Glyde has sold better than the droid, storm 2, and eris combined.

so Im getting the glyde...
    Haha, nice joke.
    11-11-09 10:36 PM
    Droid = 2010 Mercedes S550

Storm = 1972 Ford Pinto
    11-11-09 10:49 PM
    I went from Storm 1 to the Droid and seriously wanted to love this phone( Droid). Some cool features, actually I'll re-phrase that, they are amazing features. I just don't like the touch screen or the physical screen on the Droid, it just doesn't feel right for my taste. Some other things with navigation too. But I do like Android so much and had a G1 last year I though I would demo the Eris. I like having 7 home screens and different choices of scenes on the Eris. Lots of bang for the buck with the pricing of this phone!! And then I tried using the touch screen. Whoa, disappointing, for my large fingers. What a shame I would have taken the Eris.

So bottom line is the Droid will be going back and I'm going to get the Storm2. Yes the BB Os is getting a little long in the tooth and doesn't have the coolness factor but at 58 years old I stopped worrying about cool many years ago. Functionality is what I'm looking for and the Berry gives me that. It's personal taste and what works for me.

For all you Droid users, you've got a great piece of technology, have fun with it.
    Personally I'd wait for the few weeks for the Dragon (that is right I refuse to call it the passion, too girly) to drop before I decided. big screen, fast processor, and best of all Android 2.0. Just something to consider.
    11-11-09 11:05 PM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD