I have had 4 storm 1 devices - all returned for one thing or another. This time verizon gave me a storm2 as a replacement.
    So now I have wifi and would like to navigate to my internal servers web pages but everytime I enter a local IP address, I get the error
    HTTP Error: 504 Gateway Timeout
    I am able to enter a public IP address and successfully load the page, but all private ip addresses I enter get the gateway timeout.
    I have searched many forums and not found any definitive answer.
    I have tried using the "hotspot browser" mode and also get the same error whether 3g is enabled or not.
    Opera mini is able to load the page using the private address.
    any ideas ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:49 PM
    With hotspot browser, you should be able to access your local server. Try changing the browser identification to IE or firefox. I don't have to do that to access my router tho.
    11-07-09 01:00 PM
    With hotspot browser, you should be able to access your local server. Try changing the browser identification to IE or firefox. I don't have to do that to access my router tho.
    there are two places to select "Hotspot Browser"
    - in General Properties the "default Browser" is set to "hotspot browser" and it stays set.
    - in Browser Configuration, the "browser" setting will not stay set to "hotspot browser" - everytime I select it and choose save options, and go back in to check, it reverts to "internet Browser"

still get the geteway timeout no matter what those both are set to.

What OS are you on?

11-07-09 01:05 PM
    I have had 4 storm 1 devices - all returned for one thing or another. This time verizon gave me a storm2 as a replacement.
    So now I have wifi and would like to navigate to my internal servers web pages but everytime I enter a local IP address, I get the error
    HTTP Error: 504 Gateway Timeout
    I am able to enter a public IP address and successfully load the page, but all private ip addresses I enter get the gateway timeout.
    I have searched many forums and not found any definitive answer.
    I have tried using the "hotspot browser" mode and also get the same error whether 3g is enabled or not.
    Opera mini is able to load the page using the private address.
    any ideas ?

I can access my netgear router (ie i can go to an IP) from the BB browser, set as Hotspot.
    11-07-09 01:06 PM
    in browser configuration, when you select "Hotspot Browser", it only means the settings you change is for that browser config.
    To switch to hotspot browser, you need to have it set in the general properties. After that, you should see hotspot browser in the title bar. And you might want to type the address in, instead of selecting it in the history, as I think the history remembers the type of browser you used to navigate the page, and will automatically switch to the browser type.
    11-07-09 01:10 PM
    I cleared my cache and history and all that stuff and now it works!

Thanks for your advice I was unclear on the hotspot browser configuration and now it's much clearer

Crackberry Rules!

11-07-09 01:14 PM
    glad it helped!
    11-07-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD