Here's the issue.

My cousin just had a replacement brand-new blackberry 8900 javelin sent to him by his insurance company (sourced from 20:20 logistics) and he can't upgrade to OS5 using Windows 7, Vista or XP but my 8900 (few months old) will connect and upgrade 5.

I've tried using DM & AppLoader.

When using either and selecting OS5 as the OS to install it says that it can't find any OS files (I've tried re-installing it on my pc but works fine with my 8900) and it won't let me manually add every alx file for OS5 - it states that its not applicable for my phone.

Connecting my phone means that it finds it and will install fine.

Any advice is appreciated... Could RIM be installing something on the phone itself to stop it from upgrading to non-official OS?
    11-07-09 12:46 PM
    Here's the issue.

My cousin just had a replacement brand-new blackberry 8900 javelin sent to him by his insurance company (sourced from 20:20 logistics) and he can't upgrade to OS5 using Windows 7, Vista or XP but my 8900 (few months old) will connect and upgrade 5.

I've tried using DM & AppLoader.

When using either and selecting OS5 as the OS to install it says that it can't find any OS files (I've tried re-installing it on my pc but works fine with my 8900) and it won't let me manually add every alx file for OS5 - it states that its not applicable for my phone.

Connecting my phone means that it finds it and will install fine.

Any advice is appreciated... Could RIM be installing something on the phone itself to stop it from upgrading to non-official OS?
    Did you remove the vendor file in the apploader file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 03:00 PM
    Yeah, make sure you deleted the vendor.xml file and check to see it's also not in any hidden folders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD