I really need a Bold or Curve form factor as I have a very high volume of email and texting on a daily basis. Sliding out a keyboard or an extra step to get a software keyboard is impractical for me.

The only thing that disappoints about the Bold/Curve form factor is the lack of Multimedia possibilities due to the small screen. This got me thinking that the perfect form factor for me would be a 9000 or 9700 with a slide out touch screen the full size of the phone.

Small screen for primary use which is business text and email. This saves time, hassle and battery life. Big screen can be slid out to browse, view pics or video.

From what I have read the Dakota/Magnum is going to be a full screen on top and slide out keyboard like so many Winmo and Android devices. Would anyone else like to see a BB with two screens?
    11-07-09 02:04 AM
    why not a full screen on the back, and a half screen/keyboard on the front? Or vice versa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:58 PM
    Hmmm... Very interesting concept. I'm holding out on buying my next BB until I see what the Magnum has to offer. The idea of a slide out screen instead of keyboard would be cool but not sure which would be more functional.

11-07-09 11:41 PM
    I hope they make the best of both worlds. Touch screen and a keypad, with a storm size screen
    11-08-09 12:15 AM
    Nokia communicator springs to mind.

11-08-09 03:23 AM
    That thing was a friggin brick! My buddy had one.

11-08-09 11:24 PM
    OMG!!! You just reminded me of the Siemens SX66 that I carried around in '05 or maybe '06!!! It was HUGE but I loved the size of the screen...I actually carried a Motorola V551 *and* this brick because I just loved the display....

this is where my addiction started!!!

Siemens SX66 (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    11-09-09 09:10 AM
    I don't like having to flip, slide or text on a touchscreen so the same form factor with the physical keyboard similiar to a Bold with a bigger touchscreen top would be the deal I would look for.
    11-09-09 06:32 PM
    Why is this in a Rumors forum...

Anyways, I wouldn't mind. Better slide than flip...
    11-09-09 06:45 PM
    as blackberry fans, we don't have to look far for examples of form factors we deserve. other posts have waged arguments about Rim's decision to evolve their devices slowly. I think that there is no doubt that the consumer wants large, vibrant touch screen devices. How difficult would it be to build a phone with the look and feel of the Pre (arguably the most attractive smart phone on the market)

Rim is no longer for the business user. Just read the quarterly reports, listen the investor conference calls and you'll realize their growth has been through the consumer.

If you produce a Bold 2, why tease us with the tour and the Javelin? After you produce the Bold 2, why are we talking about the Atlas and the Tour 2?

I see it like This:
    1.) A physical keyboard (Bold2 , Bold3 etc)
    2.) Compact form factor Phone (Pearl2, Pearl 3 etc)
    3.) Full touch screen (Storm 2, Storm 3, etc)
    4.) Combo, qwerty/touch (phone like the pre, not a side slider)
    5.) Maybe a budget phone (i assume this is necessary to increase market share and as means to attract data services customers for carriers)

Last but not least, i think all these phones should be offered in GSM and CDMA. they also need wifi and 3g.
    12-20-09 07:38 AM
    They should release a BlackBerry that looks like a sidekick omg that would be so nice

01-10-10 07:58 PM
    I would be interested in a device that has a full sealed touch screen with no SurePress (alla iphone), that has a landscape slide out SurePress touch screen for typing.
    01-19-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD