Prior to this year, my experience with T-Mobile was pretty positive.

I decided to stop being a Blackberry lover from afar and purchased the 8320 full price last year because I got antsy. It soon had some issues and I had it replaced for $125 with Asurion Insurance.

All was well until September 2009 when the phone would go from "edge" to "SOS" and rarely to "EDGE." From 09/13 - 09/19 my phone would not begin working until 6 p.m. and then off and on with a "insert sim-card" message. Afterwards I had to "catch" the signal on EDGE to make calls.

What most of T-Mobile customers endured this Tuesday with no incoming/outing calls has been a DAILY occurrence for me for hours on end with T-Mobile. I notified Customer Care all the way, and purchased two new sim cards to no avail.

Obviously, the phone was the issue. However, while 3 Asurion reps agreed I was still under extended warranty and my phone should be replaced, T-Mobile refused. The Asurion rep even told the T-Mobile rep to go to "streamline" and she would see the warranty information. She then agreed but decided I should be passed off to RIM for troubleshooting.

RIM sent me back to T-Mobile where I troubleshooted for 3 hours, (Great rep Miguel) but the instructions left me with a "507 error" and blank white screen.

The only option I was given was a new 2 year contract and a 8320 for 79.99.

I mean these people heard me using a friends phone for 3 hours until she had to take it back. I have a toddler and had no home phone.

While I've had a few dropped calls/reception issues with my phone throughout the years I didn't see a reason to sever ties until now. My contract will be up in a week and I've continued paying $84.00 w/o the benefit of using it.

I would love to keep my loyalty plan and try the 9700, but I can't waste 85.00 anymore.
    11-06-09 10:12 PM
    Please email me directly and I will help you get this resolved. As long as your insurance is still on the account I can get it fixed. norriscell AT gmail.com

-Josh
    11-07-09 01:26 AM
    Damn man that sucks. It seems as if the rep(s) you got didn't handle the situation as properly or as they should have in order to get things resolved in the right manner. I mean, you've been with them 6 years and your getting the "new customer treatment" which sucks. If worse comes to worse and they can't do anything better just get the 9700 on the Even More Plus plan(s) and pay for it over a 20 month period with just an additional $20 a month on top of your bill. (Rather than full retail or partially discounted)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 01:29 AM
    If this problem isn't resolved please pm me.
    11-07-09 03:34 AM
    Been with T Mobile for 9 years and haven't had any issues with CS. Hopefully, it can be resolved for you. I may switch however once my contract is up. I'm liking the Storm 2 and there's nothing BB compairable in the T Mo pipeline from what I see.

11-07-09 11:19 AM
    This is one of the reasons why I jumped to sprint.. Better plan pricing and discounts and they actually fix the problems.. Fcuk Tmobile

11-07-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks guys.

I considered upgrading to the 9700 since my contract was up. Instead, I decided to just go on and cancel the line.
    11-11-09 03:29 AM
    wow your experience was the opposite from mine. I had those issues with sprint... Sorry to see ya go.
    11-11-09 11:54 AM
    when i have problem with my old curve, i didnt go to the insurance at the first year..... i called t mobile directly and 3 days later i received a new/refurbished phone at my house.... couples months later have problem with a nokia phone of my mom, same thing.. walk to the tmobile store.. they ordered a new/refurbished 3 days later a phone was siting a my house door, i dont get the part when u go to the insurance with a new phone!!!!?????? people live like a horse with that thing covering around the eyes.. cant see around for some wierd reason.. every phone have a year of warranty with the phone company no matter what.. so skip problem trying to be smart o trying to use something just because you are been charge like the insurance company. and some time the easy and logical way its the free of problem way!!
    11-11-09 03:35 PM
    i have had tmo since 2007 and i had no problems getting a new phone, have you tried the chat live help? that generally looks better I have gotten 3 replacement 8320's and i have NEVER had to speak to anyone but tmo help and had no probelms getting a new phone sent to me. I think its odd they made you go through all these other places i also have the insurance but i still have a vaild warrenty. but i really think that is weird
    11-12-09 12:29 PM
    wow, what a terrible experience. i've always gone straight to CS and they've always helped sort out my issue.
    11-12-09 12:42 PM
    I received a call from someone from TMO today.

The Customer Rep told me that Asurion informed her that my 1 year warranty was still in effect and the 8320 should have been sent to me.

I can receive the phone if I re-open the account.

She did not offer redress for the money paid without service.

I've already started looking into the 9700 with AT&T.
    11-13-09 12:03 AM
    I had similar issues when I was with tmobile. Our family left and went straight to Sprint (better phone plans, and great discount through our employer)!

Best Wishes 2 You!!!

11-14-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD