I know there are pages upon pages of wifi threads... and depite my efforsts of looking and searching i cant find any help on this issue.

I have done everything i was supposed to and my wifi has been working and this evening i started having issues.

I connect, it turns white and everything works for about 60sec and then it turns back to gray... does anyone have any ideas of what my issue is? Or how to fix it?

I would love some help...
    11-06-09 09:43 PM
    My wifi doesn't work at all, atleast yours works. I'm extremely lazy and refuse too look through all those threads on how to fix your wifi. I don't even know what service books are! (new to BB Storm)
    11-06-09 09:45 PM
    I know there are pages upon pages of wifi threads... and depite my efforsts of looking and searching i cant find any help on this issue.

I have done everything i was supposed to and my wifi has been working and this evening i started having issues.

I connect, it turns white and everything works for about 60sec and then it turns back to gray... does anyone have any ideas of what my issue is? Or how to fix it?

I would love some help...
    Reboot your router.
    11-06-09 09:47 PM
    well i dont know how much this will help you but if you go to, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html enter your log in and on the left go to chnage device. enter your pin and MIED HEX.

once you have done that, go to your BB options, advanced options, host routing table, the BB button and register. then bull the battery. if you can do this, you have as good a chance as any of us to get it working.
    11-06-09 09:59 PM
    Reboot your router.
    Router seems to be fine after a reboot... i turned on an off my wifi, but problem still seems to persist... i dont think pulling the battery will help again... do you think it has to do with my router?
    11-06-09 10:05 PM
    how far away from the router are you? Is the router a b or a g router.
    11-06-09 10:09 PM
    Router seems to be fine after a reboot... i turned on an off my wifi, but problem still seems to persist... i dont think pulling the battery will help again... do you think it has to do with my router?
    I would delete the WiFi connection you initially established on the S2. Manage Connections->WiFi Options->highlight your current connection->BB Button->Delete.

Then create a new one. Same place ->BB Button -> New-> Scan for Networks. Make sure you select *your* network. I know it sounds obvious but in my neighborhood I pick up about a dozen on a scan. So it's important to be connecting to yours :P Once you've selected your network just select it, enter the required info, save, exit, homescreen. See if you get a connection.
    11-06-09 10:10 PM
    I would delete the WiFi connection you initially established on the S2. Manage Connections->WiFi Options->highlight your current connection->BB Button->Delete.

Then create a new one. Same place ->BB Button -> New-> Scan for Networks. Make sure you select *your* network. I know it sounds obvious but in my neighborhood I pick up about a dozen on a scan. So it's important to be connecting to yours :P Once you've selected your network just select it, enter the required info, save, exit, homescreen. See if you get a connection.
    Ok, so just to make sure i dont miss anything, how should i have set up my router, should i have mac filtering disabled? and should i have mac address clone disabled? I'm just wondering if any of my router setting are messing me up....

EDIT: after rebooting re-adding the network the wifi seems to turn gray then white then gray then white ... very sporadic. and in terms of distance from my router, im only about 10 feet away... the signal is great... also my when it is white its like slooooow. Could just be my ****ty router i guess, but its new of like a week ago (Linksys)
    Last edited by chriscook.sv; 11-06-09 at 10:28 PM.
    11-06-09 10:18 PM
    Ok, so just to make sure i dont miss anything, how should i have set up my router, should i have mac filtering disabled? and should i have mac address clone disabled? I'm just wondering if any of my router setting are messing me up....
    Well, i think that MAC filtering is always a good idea. That way you know with (some) certainty what devices are connecting to your network. That said, it is a bit more advanced, though nothing you wouldn't be able to handle. MAC address cloning is irrelevant. For now you might leave MAC address filtering off (until you get a connection established), then you can always add it back. If it's currently enabled though, that's your problem. When you search and select your home network, do you ignore the PIN message and enter your PSK?
    11-06-09 10:27 PM
    ok i did what you said, and it seems to be holding a connection. THANK YOU I did not have mac filtering on... if i wanted to turn that on and still use by BB to connect do i have to enter in the BB MAC address into some "allow" list of devices?

EDIT: still really slow though.... and i just lost my connection again... grrrrrrr. do you think if i add the BB and enable MAC filtering it would work better?
    Last edited by chriscook.sv; 11-06-09 at 10:33 PM.
    11-06-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD