I have had the 5.0 OS since the day after it came out and since then I have been able to manage my e-mails (add labels, archive, delete) through the GMail portion of my Storm. However, since last night it doesn't seem like anything I delete or archive is deleted or archived from my actual GMail web interface. I get e-mails just fine and they aren't delayed. Do I have to delete and re-add my account? If I do that, will all of my messages get cleared off of my phone (effectively starting me from scratch again)? Do I need to have my service books resent somehow? It appears that that option is no longer in the BIS website so I can't do it myself.

This is really annoying. In general, I've been pretty happy with my Storm but the GMail support is pretty crappy. I don't think it's too much to ask for an actual IMAP implementation that works with GMail. It is very annoying that I can't archive and label e-mails in the GMail interface and have it sync to my phone. Sadly to say Windows Mobile had this right (kind of miss that part of my Motorola q9m) but obviously has other shortfalls.

This is making the Droid look even more enticing but I can't upgrade for another month so I still need to get this e-mail problem fixed. E-Mail is one of the main reasons I have a smartphone (along with calendar) so I'm not really going to be able to go with another Blackberry until they somehow fix how they interface with GMail's IMAP service. I don't like any of the other e-mail providers so switching e-mail providers really isn't an option.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by szrachen; 11-06-09 at 05:29 PM.
    11-06-09 05:27 PM
    You know, mine aren't archiving either. They do delete though.
    11-06-09 09:22 PM
    mine don't archive or delete either...back to the gmail app...
    11-07-09 01:19 PM
    yes, if you reinstall the app it removes all the emails you have for that address already on your phone.

i had problems with mine too, but i rebooted my device and then did a battery pull while the phone was "On" and it seems to work now. Don't know what kind of black magic it was, but it seemed to work. lol
    11-07-09 02:13 PM
    I am beginning to suspect that this is only happening to me when I try to archive or delete multiple items in my inbox. Has anyone else seen that behavior?
    11-08-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD