Shoot man. I got some lines, very faint lines going across my screen. They dont look like pressure damages. I can see them more when im taking pictures, and i know its not the camera as i sent myself a picture to see if it would show on there, but the picture is fine...nothin.'

Just reseted the phone to see if that might do something. I just dont feel like calling up Verizon for a replacement, this would be my fourth and Id hate to have to convince them to give me another Tour as a customer that got 5 replacements of the Storm and on his 3rd Tour....eeshh...

Edit: Just reseted the phone, lines are still there.
    Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 11-06-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Update
    11-06-09 03:39 PM
    I noticed the same thing on my Sprint Tour for the first time yesterday. When the backlight goes bright the horizontal lines show up.

Very frustrating!! I have also had my share of exchanges of this device.
    11-06-09 05:07 PM
    Are you guys confused and using the privacy protector?
    11-06-09 05:11 PM
    I only have screen film that came with the Tour amd i know its not that>>> it really looks like the LCD has got some horizontal lines going across>
    11-06-09 05:23 PM
    Nope - I had that privacy protector and it was a nightmare to look through...

And I have noticed those lines on some of the wallpapers I use. Why they are there, I don't know...
    11-06-09 08:53 PM
    lcd defects = return it.
    11-06-09 08:56 PM
    lcd defects = return it.
    This is truly a LCD defect and is not supposed to have any lines whatsoever? I notice it when I have a lighter colored wallpaper...

And the more I look, the more I notice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:22 AM
    It is not a defect. It is just the way the tour's LCD is. To conserve battery they use row inversion technique.

Blackberry's use the same arrangement of LEDs as the PSP 3000. That is why it has tiny scan lines just like the PSP3000.
    11-07-09 12:12 PM
    It is not a defect. It is just the way the tour's LCD is. To conserve battery they use row inversion technique.

Blackberry's use the same arrangement of LEDs as the PSP 3000. That is why it has tiny scan lines just like the PSP3000.
    I don't think so. I didn't notice this on my other five Tours. Someday I will get one that simply works.
    11-07-09 12:50 PM

I can honestly say i never encountered this problem... Ill keep my fingers crossed...
    11-07-09 12:53 PM
    You don't always notice it. It is observed in bright light conditions and on light backgrounds.
    11-07-09 01:58 PM
    What did you do to cause this?
    11-07-09 02:32 PM
    What did you do to cause this?
    Nothin man...it just seems to be there. You just notice it with lighter backgrounds. Anyone confirm that this is indeed supposed to be there (row inversion as said above)?
    11-07-09 03:33 PM
    LCD monitor technology and tests

check that out.

Its normal. Use the search function. Or look at another bb lying around.
    11-07-09 04:02 PM
    I don't think so. I didn't notice this on my other five Tours. Someday I will get one that simply works.
    LOL, OTHER five?????????
    What do you mean, what number are you on NOW? I'm on number five, and just found a stuck pixel.. and I dont think I want to return it, cuz they'll give me a refurbished like they did #4 so I guess I'll live with it? I mean, I'm on #5!!!!!!!
    11-07-09 04:18 PM
    Lines in the screen is a defect. My Tours do not have any lines in them, nor should there be any Lines in the LCD at all on the Tour, let a lone any new modle Blackberrys thats out there. anyone that tell you its normal needs there head examined.

if you have Lines, return the phone for another Tour
    11-07-09 04:45 PM
    Lines in the screen is a defect. My Tours do not have any lines in them, nor should there be any Lines in the LCD at all on the Tour, let a lone any new modle Blackberrys thats out there. anyone that tell you its normal needs there head examined.

if you have Lines, return the phone for another Tour
    I disagree. Its not a line that you can see with normal use of tour. You have to watch really carefully.

Read this link : Refresh on the LCD too low? - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Don't respond to a post and claiming that it IS a problem without having knowledge about it.
    11-07-09 05:29 PM
    Its true though...i do only see them when its a light background or something...never a dark background...
    11-07-09 06:04 PM
    Can it be OS related, or its the LCD itself?
    11-07-09 06:04 PM
    Dude, I just told you. Its the way LCD is built to conserve power. Its NOT a problem.
    11-07-09 06:11 PM
    Dude, I just told you. Its the way LCD is built to conserve power. Its NOT a problem.
    lol...cool man thanks....well, there u go u guys...its not and LCD or OS problem, just the way my Tour was built to conserve power....so i wonder what happens if it runs on low battery....do they come up more...
    11-07-09 06:23 PM
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone else experienced this.
    01-25-10 10:06 AM
    I do have these lines on occasion depending on the background I use or what I am looking at.

I'm with Bond on this issue. I've seen these lines or very similar lines on other handheld devices, it's just the way the lcd is built.
    01-25-10 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD