I am no longer employed where I was when I first activated my Storm for BES. I have called Verizon and switched my plan to BIS. However, the BES restrictions are still on my phone. The few posts I have seen on here about this don't quite make sense to me. I am just looking fro the simplest way to remove the BES restrictions, and it is paramount that I do NOT lose the contacts I have on my Blackberry since I no longer have the ES backup.

Additionally, can anyone recommend the best way to backup my contacts now?

Many thanks!
    11-06-09 01:04 PM
    I am no longer employed where I was when I first activated my Storm for BES. I have called Verizon and switched my plan to BIS. However, the BES restrictions are still on my phone. The few posts I have seen on here about this don't quite make sense to me. I am just looking fro the simplest way to remove the BES restrictions, and it is paramount that I do NOT lose the contacts I have on my Blackberry since I no longer have the ES backup.

Additionally, can anyone recommend the best way to backup my contacts now?

Many thanks!
    Give this a spin: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/

Probably the easiest way to deal with your contacts is to just to a backup with DM. When you restore, you'll go to the Advanced tab and just select the Contacts database to restore (assuming that's all you want to restore).
    11-06-09 01:10 PM
    Many thanks, I'll give it a try today!
    11-06-09 01:22 PM
    Many thanks, I'll give it a try today!
    Did this work to switch from BES to BIS on the Storm? I have a friend who bought an unlocked Storm on ebay and now has it working w/ browser on at&t. But, he has to enter a password each time he times-out. Any input appreciated! If it worked for you, I'll pass this post along to him..

Thanks!

Mac
    11-20-09 09:06 AM
    I tried this and for some reason I now have a firewall enabled which I cannot disable, which is now not letting me access my visual voice mail account (never had this issue before). I did the wipe just using the security wipe option from the phone itself. I have tried to rewipe it and I have the same issue. So now it is worse than before. Any suggestions?
    11-30-09 03:20 PM
    Hello. I'm new at this so please forgive me up front if I leave something out.
    I bought a pearl 8120 off of eBay. It has the lower case edge and not EDGE. It is also running on BES. I did an upgrade and wipe from handheld but nothing happened. I was wondering if did a complete wipe and load a new os will that give me an BIS and capital EDGE? I also did an IT policy check and a factory reset and still nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at
    wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 02:28 PM
    Last month my company switched to Google Apps, so I had to rid my Storm of all of the BES connections. Believe it or not there isn't much information on how to do this available. The first thing you want to do is backup the device using desktop manager. That way if you completely mess something up, the worst case is that you can restore back to where you are now. Ultimately I ended up doing a device wipe with JL Commander and reinstalling an OS using App Loader. More on both of these processes can be found on CB by searching. Once I had the new OS loaded I reconnected to Desktop Manager and restored my contacts. One thing to note is that my Storm 1 used to take three minutes or more to boot, now it is more like 45 seconds.
    04-20-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD