Is anybody else having issues with the BB App World disappearing. I notice it first last night and did a re-install and then again this morning, it's gone. Any word as to why it keeps doing this. And yes, all my permissions are set to "Allow."
    11-06-09 10:11 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I've had to reinstall it atleast 5 times since I got it last week. No idea whats causing it
    11-06-09 10:26 AM
    It's maddening really...c'mon RIM
    11-06-09 10:27 AM
    Mine is doing it do!!!!!
    11-06-09 10:31 AM
    mine did it too, but I tried a couple things to see if it would work, and cross my fingers.. it has

I went to: options > advanced options > host routing table > hit BB button > selected register now

Then I went to:setup > email settings > logged in > hit bb button > selected service books > selected send service books

and like I said, my BB APP world has not disappeared since

hope it helps!
    11-06-09 10:36 AM
    Yea, I think I have installed mine like 3 times...seems when I install it will be there until I reboot...I hope this fix works!
    11-06-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the tip rusty...I'll try it and see if it works.
    11-06-09 10:41 AM
    I had the same issue. It seemed to coincide with me trying to install and use "quickpull". Quickpull didn't work anyway so I just uninstalled and have not had to install BB appworld since.
    11-06-09 10:58 AM
    Same here. Wtf?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 11:04 AM
    It's annoying yes, but I find it quite funny.

An app, that's made to install apps, won't stay installed!! LOL
    11-06-09 11:07 AM
    Yea, I think I have installed mine like 3 times...seems when I install it will be there until I reboot...I hope this fix works!
    this is the same problem I have it stays until I reboot then poof gone...also any apps that I have dled and installed are not installed anymore after the restart. the app data however is still on the phone just not installed
    11-06-09 11:30 AM
    Hmm. My app world wont get rid of the keyboard. Anything i can do?
    11-06-09 11:37 AM
    It's annoying yes, but I find it quite funny.

An app, that's made to install apps, won't stay installed!! LOL
    Even funnier is that the App to install apps is in itself. How can that be one of the top free apps when you have to have that app to install that app.

And of course, there's an app for that.
    11-06-09 11:52 AM
    App World just did an update last night its a new version now.
    11-06-09 12:46 PM
    I tried the fix and the next time I rebooted my phone after deleting an app, the App World was again gone...sadness.
    11-06-09 01:29 PM
    Also about that App data...I get that it is still archived and then have to delete the program again before it looks like it is actually gone. Driving me insane.
    11-06-09 01:30 PM
    Even funnier is that the App to install apps is in itself. How can that be one of the top free apps when you have to have that app to install that app.

And of course, there's an app for that.
    It is in the top free apps because people install it so many times, and write reviews on it. RIM implemented a feature to prevent App World from showing in the Featured Apps section, but they have it in App World so that you can receive alerts to updates to App World and install the update through App World. Makes things easier in the long run.

I always had issues with App World disappearing if I deleted an archived application from the homescreen instead of in App World itself, but I've never had a problem with it disappearing by itself. But then again, I resend service books every week, so maybe that's why.
    11-06-09 01:37 PM
    Still no solution to this? Noticed it was once again gone from my phone so I thought I'd check to see if anyone had solved this problem.
    11-11-09 09:10 AM
    Not an issue for me.. did you try and uninstall some of the apps you may have to see if the issue goes away? could be related to a specific app.
    11-11-09 09:29 AM
    I have the same problem. Just opened a new discussion on it before seeing this one by mistake. I have a funny feeling QuickPull might have something to do with it...
    11-11-09 02:09 PM
    I just downloaded the new version of weather bug. Did the phone reboot along with it and lost Opera Mini. Who knows what else I've lost. Won't know til I need them I guess.

Edit:

It looks like I lost about four other apps also. I just used BBSAK to restore everything. Of course that took me back to the old weather bug but I'm through messing with it for now. What a pita.

Its no wonder people get frustrated with these phones. I have lots of time on my hands and generally don't mind messing with things but sometimes it just hacks me off.
    Last edited by pkn068; 11-11-09 at 02:38 PM.
    11-11-09 02:16 PM
    I haven't had this problem, but I'm very curious about what's causing it. Just in case it starts happening later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 02:20 PM
    Ok, So I am having the same issue on my BBS2 and I just reinstalled the BBAW (after it disappeared) from BlackBerry App World and it also reinstalled "Quickpull" at the same time.....WTF......GDMFSOB.....Why can't people fix there crap.....JFC.....

Obviously never use Quickpull or it will screw your blackberry all up and require a wipe and reload....

/Angry
    /Cry
    /Sigh

***Update*** After reinstalling BBAppWorld, the search function is not working. "always listing a Search Failed"....
    Last edited by Zipman_13; 11-12-09 at 02:57 AM.
    11-12-09 01:48 AM
    mine never disappeared
    11-12-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD