We are excited to announce that Blurts 1.0.0.1 is now released and can be download for free at our website.

If you are like us, you sit in front of a PC most of the day with a BlackBerry in your pocket. Every time it rings you have to dig it out just to see who is calling, and you think to yourself, wouldn't it be nice if the caller ID just popped up on my computer screen so I could see who is calling before going through the trouble to dig it out of my pocket?

Well that is exactly what Blurts is designed to do. A desktop app and a BlackBerry app talk via Bluetooth to display caller ID info and email alerts.

With the Bluetooth auto connect feature, don't worry about missing an alert because you forgot to connect your phone to your PC.

No cables to tether your device! You have the freedom to keep your phone where you want it - your pocket, your purse, your holster.

And Blurts Pro takes it to the next level allowing you to place and answer (or ignore) calls from your PC. Also read and send SMS from your desktop.

We recommend first installing Blurts to ensure compatibility with your Bluetooth before purchasing Blurts Pro. You simply have to enter an activation code to upgrade to Pro - no second install is required.

Blurts Features:
    - Display Caller ID Alert
    - Display Email Alert
    - Bluetooth auto connect

Blurts Pro Features:
    - Display Caller ID Alert
    - Display Email Alerts for all email accounts
    - Bluetooth auto connect
    - Display SMS/Text Alert
    - Send SMS/Text from your computer
    - Answer call from your computer
    - Ignore call from your computer
    - Activate Speaker phone from your computer
    - Control call volume from your computer
    - Place/Dial call from your computer
    - Disconnect call from your computer
    - Blurts will auto start on device reset
    - Options to control alerts
    11-06-09 10:08 AM
    I love the application! One feature I would like to see would be accessing the address book when sending and SMS placing a call. That would be very useful.

Oh yea, I also noticed that when sending SMS they are not added to the conversation (at least in OS5). That is a downer for me.
    Last edited by passtheboll10; 11-10-09 at 08:18 PM.
    11-10-09 07:16 PM
    Any chance it will come to Mac?
    11-11-09 01:25 AM
    I love this app. I do not have to get up and check my phone when it's on the charging pod. I can decide to ignore the call if I want to.
    Last edited by cookie1069; 11-13-09 at 08:37 AM.
    11-13-09 08:34 AM
    Bad customer service... sent an e-mail as my bluetooth is not detecting and they have not responded in over a week. Went thru their FAQ and none of it seems to work.

Worst $$ spent on my BB... too bad this app would be useful for me.
    11-14-09 03:44 AM
    Bad customer service... sent an e-mail as my bluetooth is not detecting and they have not responded in over a week. Went thru their FAQ and none of it seems to work.

Worst $$ spent on my BB... too bad this app would be useful for me.
    What type of computer do you have? My husband tried to set his up, but his laptop would not recognize his BB(we have Windows Vista). He called the the manufacturer and find out that his laptop(ASUS GS1XN series) did not have Bluetooth capability. I suggest checking the specifications on your computer to see if it has Bluetooth.
    11-14-09 09:52 AM
    It's actually windows XP, it doesn't have bluetooth. But i bought the rocketfish bluetooth dongle and it worked at home on my vista laptop... but it doesn't seem to recognize it on the XP desktop computer.
    11-14-09 11:00 AM
    You have to make sure you are using the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers. You can check that by right clicking on the bluetooth icon in the system tray, going to Settings -> Hardware and check which drivers each component is using.

You also have to have Desktop Manager installed. You might also want to try and pair the BB with your computer first. When pairing, make sure the BB is discoverable (configured in BB options or by choosing listen when adding a device). If it is not discoverable, your computer won't be able to find it.
    11-15-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD