I've only had my 9700 on Rogers for a mere 12 hours and already I've had to wipe it and start from scratch. Here's a run down of what I experienced:

1. I got my email addresses and contacts up and running. My message notification said I had 1 unread SMS but it wasn't in my Inbox. I even went to the most current one and selected Mark Prior Read and it still said I had an unread message. I did a search and I searched all messages for any unread and it came back with zero found. I did a reset and once it rebooted it said I had 6 unread SMS. All the SMS threads I had in my inbox now appeared as Unread. I again did a Mark Prior Read and low and behold it still said I had 1 unread SMS. Did a reset again and again those same 6 SMS threads were marked as unread. I gave up and this morning it said I had 2 unread e-mails but I couldn't find them. I resent the service books (I have 3 email addresses on my BB) and I got an error message saying they weren't sent properly. I did it 3 times with the same response but when I exited the email setup it said I had 10 unread messages (9 from service books and 1 SMS... Still) but in my individual inboxes the messages weren't there. I decided to wipe the handheld and delete my email addresses from the email setup and re-add them 1 at a time. It appears the messages are working... for now.

2. In my browser I don't have the option to "Go To..." in my menu. Maybe I'm missing a change RIM made to the browser in 5.0 but basically I cant figure out how to type in a url.

I'm getting frustrated. Is anybody else experiencing this garbage already. I had major major issues with the first Bold and I downgraded to the Curve 8900 and now here I am with the Bold 9700. I'm almost ready to call up Rogers and lose it.
    11-06-09 08:43 AM
    For that 1 pesky msg try going to ur main menu and hit the BB key. Choose 'show all'. There may be a hidden msg folder. It's usually a welcome email from ur carrier. Let us know how u go. l

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:41 AM
    I've only had my 9700 on Rogers for a mere 12 hours and already I've had to wipe it and start from scratch. Here's a run down of what I experienced:

1. I got my email addresses and contacts up and running. My message notification said I had 1 unread SMS but it wasn't in my Inbox. I even went to the most current one and selected Mark Prior Read and it still said I had an unread message. I did a search and I searched all messages for any unread and it came back with zero found. I did a reset and once it rebooted it said I had 6 unread SMS. All the SMS threads I had in my inbox now appeared as Unread. I again did a Mark Prior Read and low and behold it still said I had 1 unread SMS. Did a reset again and again those same 6 SMS threads were marked as unread. I gave up and this morning it said I had 2 unread e-mails but I couldn't find them. I resent the service books (I have 3 email addresses on my BB) and I got an error message saying they weren't sent properly. I did it 3 times with the same response but when I exited the email setup it said I had 10 unread messages (9 from service books and 1 SMS... Still) but in my individual inboxes the messages weren't there. I decided to wipe the handheld and delete my email addresses from the email setup and re-add them 1 at a time. It appears the messages are working... for now.

2. In my browser I don't have the option to "Go To..." in my menu. Maybe I'm missing a change RIM made to the browser in 5.0 but basically I cant figure out how to type in a url.

I'm getting frustrated. Is anybody else experiencing this garbage already. I had major major issues with the first Bold and I downgraded to the Curve 8900 and now here I am with the Bold 9700. I'm almost ready to call up Rogers and lose it.
    For issue two, resend your service books from within the setup e-mail app.
    11-06-09 03:38 PM

Well the "message" you couldn't find was more than likely the "Registration" message from when the device was activated. Be sure when you have one that you can't find, to go to the "Messages" folder icon and it will surely be in there.

For the second issue, I haven't seen this problem before on the 9700 and I've used about every build from .111 to the current. When that happens, and it shouldn't often, pull the battery for 30 seconds and replace it.

I'm not sure how comfortable you are with loading unreleased software, and I usually wouldn't suggest it, but I'd recommend loading .344 to your 9700. This firmware version is more than likely going to be the device software that the EU 9700's launch with. It is definitely better than .321.
    11-06-09 03:47 PM
    For issue two, resend your service books from within the setup e-mail app.
    I discovered the issue. There's a new icon on your home screen that allows you to check your aacount. Anyway, when you click it it opens the browser and takes you to the site. It's when you launch the browser this way you don't have the option to "Go to...". The only way to have access again is to hit the escape key, not end, and close the browser. Once you go back in you're at the browser Go to... screen with your bookmarks and history. If you push end without actually closing the browser and then try to go to your browser it will still be on this page and you don't have the "Go to..." option. This is also the same issue with the Shop - Magasin browser icon. If you launch the browser this way you can't "Go to..." whatever you want. Pretty ridiculous and confusing but the common issue here is that those 2 features look like they're developed by Rogers. That explains it. LOL.

Also, after I wiped the handheld and re-added my email accounts I've had no issues. I upgraded from my 8900 by using the device switch wizard in Desktop Manager so maybe that was the issue. I just decided to transfer 2 things afterwards: my address book and my memos by creating a custom backup from my 8900 and then restoring my 9700 with that backup file.

Whew!!! BTW the trackpad is amazing!! I found the trackball would always shift positions when you press in on it causing you to do something you didn't want. Not the case with the trackpad.
    11-06-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD