How many people have actually switched from their Storm 2 to the latest Droid? There were a lot of people saying they were going to make the switch, so lets here it. How much better is it than your S2?

Please do not post how you played with one in the store for an hour, this thread is for people who actually own the device and can give a real good analysis on how the phone operates in real world conditions, not attached to a display.
    11-06-09 08:20 AM
    I would like to know how the BBM works....!!! I am not sure I can live without a Blackberry for that one reason
    11-06-09 08:48 AM
    I would like to know how the BBM works....!!! I am not sure I can live without a Blackberry for that one reason
    The BBM doesn't work. Why would it work on a non Blackberry device?
    11-06-09 09:15 AM
    So.....you want to know how BLACKBERRY Messenger works on a device that's not a Blackberry???

Thanks for the amusing post on this cold Friday morning.
    11-06-09 09:16 AM
    Ok, Wow - it was a JOKE.....
    11-06-09 09:17 AM
    Sarcasm fail on my part.
    11-06-09 09:19 AM
    I didn't get it either. Must be slow today
    11-06-09 09:21 AM
    Sorry, you couldn't pry my hands off my Storm2...good luck. To all of you who are switching...bye! I hope you enjoy it, some of you may be back.
    11-06-09 09:23 AM
    It was a pretty clear joke. And it made me grin because I completely sympathize.
    11-06-09 09:35 AM
    Haha!! yeah... I get the sarcasm... I'm sticking with my Storm 2. I already have a GPS and Opera Mini 5 working. I don't really see a reason to move to the Droid.
    11-06-09 09:40 AM
    S2 for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:47 AM
    On a serious note, we are switching 37 lines from Alltel plans to Verizon plans and my Verizon business rep called me yesterday to tell me that he just got out of Driod training and I should consider getting the Driod instead of the Storm2...

Honestly, I know the Droid is supposed to be faster, etc but RIM really sucked me in with this BBM thing and I really don't think I can give up my Blackberry because of it!!! Sad but true....
    11-06-09 09:55 AM
    I got it.

11-06-09 09:58 AM
    I plan to test driving the Droid but it will have to blow me away to get me to switch. I too can't give up bbm. I also feared the backlash from my co-workers who got bb's because of me. Apparently I market RIM for free to others. I'm glad to see the hype wasn't as crazy as vzw anticipated. Not that I don't get excited about a new gadget but I hate when people act like sheep. Just because Big Red spends big bucks on marketing and opens early doesn't mean people will flock. I'm glad people have lives outside of their gadgets.

11-06-09 10:04 AM
    Test driving is cool and all, but remember you only get 1 switch within your 30 days unless you wait 3 days after you return a device.
    11-06-09 10:37 AM
    On a serious note, we are switching 37 lines from Alltel plans to Verizon plans and my Verizon business rep called me yesterday to tell me that he just got out of Driod training and I should consider getting the Driod instead of the Storm2...
    To be honest i think every Verizon Rep will tell you that. there was so much marketing put into the Droid just like the Storm 1. If Verizon spent as much time in marketing and hyping the Storm 2 with fancy teaser commercials and release commercials i bet more people would go with the storm 2.

I went with what i know works, RIM came along way in just 1 year with many fixes and corrections for the Storm OS and Hardware. I see this being a solid phone for a while

You also gotta think that in 2 years after we can all re-new contracts, something else bigger and better will be upon us.
    11-06-09 11:39 AM
    This thing is a freggn' brick! I absolutely love it! Solid, solid, solid device. I came from a Treo 700WX...which was quite a sturdy device...but Odin is a rock. The OS has been a great experience for me! I didn't have the S1, so I don't know of the pains of the initial OS for that device first hand (only what I read on the forums), but Odin really flies! I had flashed my Treo to WM 6.1 Pro, but it really wasn't made for it, and therefore really bogged the thing down. I love the threaded SMS (which WM 6.1 had as well), and I'm really starting to love the BBM! Trade Odin for Droid? What's the weather report in ****? Is it going to be cold?
    11-06-09 03:15 PM
    To be honest i think every Verizon Rep will tell you that. there was so much marketing put into the Droid just like the Storm 1. If Verizon spent as much time in marketing and hyping the Storm 2 with fancy teaser commercials and release commercials i bet more people would go with the storm 2.

I went with what i know works, RIM came along way in just 1 year with many fixes and corrections for the Storm OS and Hardware. I see this being a solid phone for a while

You also gotta think that in 2 years after we can all re-new contracts, something else bigger and better will be upon us.
    exactly. Nothing coming out right now is ground breaking. IMO the most innovative feature thats come out in a touch screen phone this year is the ability to out physical keyboard type ANY phone on the market, on a touchscreen device. NOt saying its the best feature out there, but the most innovative.
    11-06-09 03:22 PM

Honestly, I know the Droid is supposed to be faster, etc but RIM really sucked me in with this BBM thing and I really don't think I can give up my Blackberry because of it!!! Sad but true....
    Our business Verizon rep is trying to pull the same thing on me. I told him I wanted him to order the S2 and he said "You don't want that phone. You want to Droid." Verizon is def. pushing the Droid. I even went into the store to play with an S2 and the rep told me, and I quote: "The ONLY difference between the 1 and the 2 is that the 2 has WiFi." I was totally shocked. I even said "So that's the ONLY difference?" and said "Oh yeah, that's it." Of course I knew he was an uneducated *****. That doesn't bode well for BB in Verizon stores.
    11-06-09 05:39 PM
    Most ground-breaking phone in the market today is the Palm Pre. It will not get as noticed as the Droid, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.. because of the type of hold is has on the market. But if you look at the Palm Pre's "Gesture area" and "Card" concept, there's nothing out there like it. I think it's a brilliant device.
    11-06-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD